Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He's been our most consistent player since the restart. Far, better than anyone could have hoped.

Agreed. Been super consistent.
Barely loses a one on one and draws free kicks in congestion like Matty Knights used to. Clever, energetic and brave

Reactions: 1 user

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Today, we have Jack Higgins, Jake Aarts, and Kane Lambert in the one team - for what I hope is one of the few if not only times. I just don't think we can win a flag with three smalls who aren't quick and can't kick over a jam tin.
I have almost 20/20 vision when it comes to hindsight, and it's interesting that almost all the PRE voters so far have given votes to two or three of those today.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I have almost 20/20 vision when it comes to hindsight, and it's interesting that almost all the PRE voters so far have given votes to two or three of those today.
Yeah, I did. All three played really well. It wasn't a grand final though, it was a game against a bottom-4 side.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
His form this year makes you realise just how much effect the illness had on him last season. We were all saying he was out of form, had the fumbles, couldn't get into the play. Now he's been one of our most consistent performers this year and looks back to what he was doing in 2018.

I guess it shows we don't always know what's going on with players off the field and what effect it has on them when they're playing.

Great start to the year for young Higgo, would love to see him get a good run through the middle over the next few weeks

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
His form this year makes you realise just how much effect the illness had on him last season. We were all saying he was out of form, had the fumbles, couldn't get into the play. Now he's been one of our most consistent performers this year and looks back to what he was doing in 2018.

I guess it shows we don't always know what's going on with players off the field and what effect it has on them when they're playing.

Great start to the year for young Higgo, would love to see him get a good run through the middle over the next few weeks
Was obvious that something wasn't right last year. His sharpness and quick hands are back. Needs to tidy up his kicking but doing well overall.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I think he will be needed to spend sometime in the midfield, he'll do ok too.

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Love the way snags goes about his football that work rate in the last to get lambo the ball for his 3rd goal was Richmond footy

Jr8 absolutely loved it

Big game for higgo 19disposals 10contested 2 clearances 1 goal 2 goal assists 8 score involvements

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Seems Higgins has extra motivation to have a ripper season and repay his team mates for backing him in so many ways.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, I did. All three played really well. It wasn't a grand final though, it was a game against a bottom-4 side.

Its still a valid concern Spook.
And agree the answer is to get Higgo into more hard-running midfield.
The next month is a golden opportunity for him

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
love higgy, big fan, is quickly recapturing his 18 form, right down to the inept set shots. He needs therapy. Terrible. missed yet another set shot soda. Then later passed to George when 30 out not much angle, George was 29 out slightly less angle. Zero confidence. Drives me mad, does so much hard stuff well and just hopeless at set shots.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
love higgy, big fan, is quickly recapturing his 18 form, right down to the inept set shots. He needs therapy. Terrible. missed yet another set shot soda. Then later passed to George when 30 out not much angle, George was 29 out slightly less angle. Zero confidence. Drives me mad, does so much hard stuff well and just hopeless at set shots.
Yep. He gets this part of the game right and he is A Grade quality.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seems Higgins has extra motivation to have a ripper season and repay his team mates for backing him in so many ways.
Nah we saw some of this stuff in his debut season.
He's just a damn talented player who's now over his health problems.
It's an absolute bonus & bloody exciting tbh.

I think BT's post is alluding to something other than health issues.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Apparently the club are rapt with his work rate and patterns

Reactions: 2 users