Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Another “Best 6” display.
Quietly going about building a terrific season.

indeed.

I was starting to wonder how he fits into the team and now realise he actually provides a great point of difference to our list.

He is lightning quick in the brain and together with his genuine footy nous means he is able to think quickly under pressure.

In a game that is getting faster and faster each year, these are the players who will be gold additions to any list.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Let’s not forget he has come off a serious health issue.

Pure footballer and we are only scratching the surface.

Reactions: 6 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Hard worker, good endeavour.
Just wish he could kick over 30 metres.
And not just sideways.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I just came in here to say I love Higlet.

As others have said, just a pure footballer. 200 gamer on a forward flank.

I think there’s a hint - just a hint - of Stevie J about him. Midfield and forward swashbucklers, supreme footy smarts. He’s more nuggety and isn’t as good a kick as Johnson, but he works for longer in the contest, which goes a long way.

He’s an absolute beauty and I’m loving his continued progress after a really *smile* interruption.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
If higglet is out I’d like to see short sent forward and both naish and rcd given a run. I love Syd but wouldn’t mind someone else given a run for now. If only for the selfish reason that I want to have a look at them.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Sorry kids.
Not a fan.
Really poor decision maker and my 6 year old kicks the ball further.
For a small for fumbles way too much.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Sorry kids.
Not a fan.
Really poor decision maker and my 6 year old kicks the ball further.
For a small for fumbles way too much.

There’s some justified criticism for Hig, but I disagree with any fumbling criticism. he’s a one touch footballer. Maybe I just missed the fumbles tonight, but I dont recall any from Higgins

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wasn't a great game but he certainly gets some flak. He was second youngest Tiger on the ground and has had a lot to deal with. He's a contributor and still has growth. I've noticed opposition kick a lot to him, does he have an invisible cape? No he knows how to get into the right spots.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lets compare Smurfs
Calum Daniel 25 possessions and sets up on 99% of Footscary's game.
Then lets go to Higgins, 12 possessions, can't kick further then Riewodlt and is playing in the majority in the midfield.
And sets up basically Ziltch for us.
Not convinced he is any good.
In these type of games you find out who the passengers are really are.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Higlet game was strange last night.

he came into it with a bad leaking corkie,

and was probably 2nd BOG in the first half, then seemed to vanish for a large part of the 2nd half. didn't even see him in the 3rd.

anyone know if he spent time in the rooms?

I've noticed opposition kick a lot to him, does he have an invisible cape? No he knows how to get into the right spots.

yeah good call, he did seem to have a cloak of invisibility on

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Love Higgo’s enthusiasm and footy smarts but for me he has two significant flaws in his game. He is quite slow which affects his ability to apply pressure when he doesn’t have the ball. Also he is not a very good kick, especially drop punts.

These flaws are detrimental to a small player and could limit his upside as an AFL footballer.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I think he needs a physical rest, and with what he’s been through over the 12 months that’s not only understandable, it’s expected.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Love Higgo’s enthusiasm and footy smarts but for me he has two significant flaws in his game. He is quite slow which affects his ability to apply pressure when he doesn’t have the ball. Also he is not a very good kick, especially drop punts.

These flaws are detrimental to a small player and could limit his upside as an AFL footballer.
Agree, Higgs has a great story but like Graham (Jack that is) a great story doesn’t mean you get a game - reckon they are both not in our best 22 and would prefer to see someone else get a go to show their wares.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Lets compare Smurfs
Calum Daniel 25 possessions and sets up on 99% of Footscary's game.
Then lets go to Higgins, 12 possessions, can't kick further then Riewodlt and is playing in the majority in the midfield.
And sets up basically Ziltch for us.
Not convinced he is any good.
In these type of games you find out who the passengers are really are.

Don't really get the comparison. Firstly Caleb is a backman and 168cm, his role is as a small quarterback similar style to Houli. As you can see they get a lot of disposals playing that role. Higgins has played more of the high forward role with stints in the midfield. At the same age there's mot a huge difference between the two though again the comparison seems pointless to me.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...d2=8&type=A&pid1=6465&pid2=4073&fid1=O&fid2=O

At 21yo I'm happy to see how he can improve. I don't see any of the other youngsters doing better than what he's don this season at this stage. Personally I don't think he's a midfielder, definitely the high forward role and he's done much better than the likes of RIoli this year.

As for not setting up anything for us, he's 3rd for the Tigers for average score involvements this year (Lynch, Bolton) and 3rd for goal assists (Edwards, Lambert).

Reactions: 2 users