Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Good on Jack for going to Benny and telling him that leading teams wasn't working. It's pretty toxic when you get a staff member up the front and give her feedback till she starts crying.

Thank God we moved on to Emma Murray and Ben Crowe.

It's interesting that Gerard Murphy is now working for the Suns. I wonder why Dimma would go back to what didn't work at Richmond.
Might have been a male staff member :oops:

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
It's interesting to read the except of Jack's book in the Herald Sun.
Fremantle and Brisbane, especially Brisbane, made generous repeated pay offers to Jack, which he rejected in the lean years.
He stayed loyal to Richmond on lesser pay.
Jack was instrumental in persuading Dusty to stay loyal too, Dusty was offered an astronomical $11 million by North Melbourne.

Reactions: 7 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
It's interesting to read the except of Jack's book in the Herald Sun.
Fremantle and Brisbane, especially Brisbane, made generous repeated pay offers to Jack, which he rejected in the lean years.
He stayed loyal to Richmond on lesser pay.
Jack was instrumental in persuading Dusty to stay loyal too, Dusty was offered an astronomical $11 million by North Melbourne.
They might have missed on Dusty, but they got Jared Polac, Jayden Stephenson and Callum Coleman-Judas
Destination club, them Roos!

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Everyone knew they hated us baddd
They changed rules, the cut the footy dept spending and they made sure we wouldn't be looked after by the match day officials
This just cements it!Screenshot_20231102_202810_Messenger.jpg

• Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 8 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Jack and the boys just came second in The Melbourne Cup with Soulcombe.

Was stone motherless at the start.
All the horses normally take off when the gates open.
Not Soulcombe.
Likes star gazing.

Anyway roared home chewing every other horse up except the winner Without A Fight.
They will get some good prize money to split up with the other owners.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Pay for next year's Trainers, other staff, feed,transport, jockeys and Vets. A mill doesn't go far. Mug's game.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Not Soulcombe.
Likes star gazing.

Anyway roared home chewing every other horse up except the winner Without A Fight.
Shouldve won by 5 lengths
He held it back and got caught in traffic.
They would never get a better opportunity to win the cup and the jockey Shouldve got into the open sooner.
It stopped its run, it went sidewards to find an opening then bolted in for 2nd but it to far back to catch the winner.
Either it was a top ride to get 2nd or a missed opportunity.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Not Soulcombe.
Likes star gazing.

Soulcombe needed a few sessions with Emma Murray

• Haha

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

Not Soulcombe.
Likes star gazing.

More than 1 mil I think I read.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone got Jacks book?
Just started reading it. So far up to the 2017 year when the changes were made at the club.
Some amazing changes during that time bring in some great people.

Can not understand Gerard Murphy “add, keep, delete” program. Seem to caused so much grief at the club. What a complete balls up having that idiot at the club for so long

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Anyone got Jacks book?
Just started reading it. So far up to the 2017 year when the changes were made at the club.
Some amazing changes during that time bring in some great people.

Can not understand Gerard Murphy “add, keep, delete” program. Seem to caused so much grief at the club. What a complete balls up having that idiot at the club for so long

I'm listening to it on Audible (which is a first for me). Really enjoying it. I', up to 2016 and add, keep, delete

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Finished Jacks book and needless to say I loved it, prefer it to Trent’s book. More natural style that went a bit deeper than Trent’s IMO. Laughed at how he described Robbo saying a lot of players say they hate him and that he too didn’t like Robbo but once he got to know him on 360 he did come to like him as a “bogan who likes his footy”! He also said he didn’t like Mark Noclure but did after he also came to know him. Told a funny story how he gave out Noclures mobile number and people were ringing him when he was on air, Noclure found out Jack was giving out his number and told him to stop or it would become a legal matter.

Reactions: 2 users