Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I like him just lacking confidence about am I in or out or which position am I playing. Persevere

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Just halts momentum.

Only reason he’s out there is he is reasonably disciplined and plays to structures.

Would rather play Sonsie even if the kid blows a gasket in the second half.

Or Stack. Or Caddy.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Until he changes his game style dramatically, people have got to stop thinking of Ross as some potential inside and clearance beast. He simply doesn’t play that way (at the moment).

66% of his posessions were uncontested again today. He’s 74% uncontested career wise, which is mega high.

He got a decent amount of time on the ball today including several centre bounces.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Until he changes his game style dramatically, people have got to stop thinking of Ross as some potential inside and clearance beast. He simply doesn’t play that way (at the moment).

66% of his posessions were uncontested again today. He’s 74% uncontested career wise, which is mega high.

He got a decent amount of time on the ball today including several centre bounces.

Uncontested?

Then he has no hope. Slow decision maker as Spook has observed.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not sure whether to blame Ross or the coaching group who have turned what was looking like a clearance beast into a nothing player. Looked a star in his first few games as a beast of a kid that was winning clearances and bulldozing his way out of packs. For some reason they made him lose weight and tried to turn him into a backman and winger.
Afraid its all too much now and he is now in no mans land. Cant run, cant kick and doesnt have any impact. Size also gone so has lost strength. That lack of contest in our def 50 that lead to a gws goal was telling.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I just don't get why we've tried to convert this guy to an outside mid. He was drafted as an inside work horse. What on earth is behind some of the decision making?

Reactions: 10 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Is clearly playing an outside role… for some reason. Covered 14.8km today, most of any Richmond player.
I wasn't at the game so a little hard to tell, but it appeared he was playing the 'Lambert' role of starting at HF but then playing as the 7th mid.

Not as effective a last week.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Just not good enough. Rather Stack or Caddy.

Caddy is not the future and is finished as an AFL footballer

We've got to stick with Ross for now, he still has time to improve. If he's playing the Kane Lambert role just consider how long it took him to make it as a player.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Putting Ross on the wing is like putting Lynch at full back.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'm just not sure where Ross sits. Dow showed today why Ross isn't in the middle, Dow has the zip and evasivessness for clearances, Ross doesn't, but Ross also doesn't have the kicking skills to play on the outside.

I'm not sure he's really going to make it. I expect by the end of the season, all of Dow, Sonsie and Clarke will have gone past him.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That kick to Lynch inside 50 is all you need to know that he isn’t AFL standard. Wide open and he absolutely butchered it.

Reactions: 2 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
That kick to Lynch inside 50 is all you need to know that he isn’t AFL standard. Wide open and he absolutely butchered it.
Good first half and was thinking he’d turned it around but like the entire team pathetic for the last quarter and a half.