Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Sonsie would have been thrown to the wolves against their midfield last night. Was hot as in there. Even Gibcus and Ralphsmith blew up badly

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ross's best was in the guts. Can only assume he's doing his apprenticeship playing different roles to round out his game, or the club don't rate him as an inside mid.

There are better options on the wing than Ross.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So written off? I remember Shed getting bagged for years on here for the same thing.

you won't find any sheds vilification originating from my IP.

Unhappily, I'll go on the record

declaring that Jack Ross is not good enough for AFL football.

the wiring from his brain to his hand and feet is too convoluted, he withers under pressure,

and he cant kick to his team advantage very well.

Jake Aarts is wired very similarly

Reactions: 1 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
you won't find any sheds vilification originating from my IP.

Unhappily, I'll go on the record

declaring that Jack Ross is not good enough for AFL football.

the wiring from his brain to his hand and feet is too convoluted, he withers under pressure,

and he cant kick to his team advantage very well.

Jake Aarts is wired very similarly
Not sure why he has become the whipping boy. Played the wing role relatively well. Blaming a winger for getting smashed in the midfield is wrong. I agree he should play in the guts. His disposal is not as bad as some claim. He was probably in our top 5-6 players last night.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
How did he do that? I was there, their Mids smashed us. That’s totally unfair
Was being facetious, Merv. But his lace-out turnover under no pressure coming out of defence, when he hit the one Carlton player between two Tigers on the chest, precipitated the avalanche. We were under siege before that, defences breached after. Didn't really cost us the match given the one-way traffic thereafter, but it was disastrous in the moment.

Jack played ok. But he ain't the answer, especially on the wing. I don't care about his 20m time, he's football slow. Time to go in the guts and get his hands dirty.

• Love

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Don't know why Gibcus is getting knocked, he did all the right things and that high free against was unlucky as he was going the ball. Otherwise didn't put a foot wrong IMO

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Was being facetious, Merv. But his lace-out turnover under no pressure coming out of defence, when he hit the one Carlton player between two Tigers on the chest, precipitated the avalanche. We were under siege before that, defences breached after. Didn't really cost us the match given the one-way traffic thereafter, but it was disastrous in the moment.

Jack played ok. But he ain't the answer, especially on the wing. I don't care about his 20m time, he's football slow. Time to go in the guts and get his hands dirty.
If we are going to play him the guts is the only option. Sink or swim. His disposal is not good enough to play on the wing. He butchered it too much last night.

Let’s see what he’s got with an extended run in the guts. Dimma seems to be getting a little stubborn with some of his selection decisions.

Reactions: 4 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Don't know why Gibcus is getting knocked, he did all the right things and that high free against was unlucky as he was going the ball. Otherwise didn't put a foot wrong IMO
He was good, was just totally gassed and cramping up, which is to be expected was a high pressure game

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, regardless of midfield depth we will not regret Gibcus over Hobbs.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Before he got injured in that Freemantle game some people on here compared him to cotch and he was flying, after that injury I don't know what happen. He looks slow now, but one of main things is his kicking it lacks any sort of penetration they seem to go about 35M long and about 35M up. Disappointing, I thought he was going to be a star.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
@wigglyworm,

If the current choice for whipping boy is

A) jack ross
B) jake aarts
c) marlion pickett, or
D) a +/or b

I need about as much think time as dusty in a gf with dangerfield hanging on his hips

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

that was a shocking pass, but generally he played the wing role well. He stayed wide and gave as an outlet. he was 3rd in mts gained so clearly ran and kicked long, and was equal leader in score assists (6) so his disposals werent all wasted.
but yes, i am not convinced he is a wing. KMac will come back next week, and surely Pickett will stay, so Ross should get a chance in the centre square, even if he does still spend some time on the wing.

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Spook said it - football slow.

Cannot deny his application, but Ross featuring so regularly in the best 22 is symptomatic of malaise.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
that was a shocking pass, but generally he played the wing role well. He stayed wide and gave as an outlet. he was 3rd in mts gained so clearly ran and kicked long, and was equal leader in score assists (6) so his disposals werent all wasted.
but yes, i am not convinced he is a wing. KMac will come back next week, and surely Pickett will stay, so Ross should get a chance in the centre square, even if he does still spend some time on the wing.

You are not convinced Ross is a winger, but think he played “well” there based on some long bow stats. Lol

My eye tells me Ross goes to ground too often, fails to make quick decisions, overcooks delivery by hand and kicks floaters at any distance.

Yeah nah

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Fan and have backed him but was really poor today. Just seems lost out there and obviously didn’t spend much time in the guts.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Where has his early composure and skill gone? Who’s this guy wearing a Ross suit?

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Ralphsmith has similar composure...but has speed.

If he does not gain composure no point being in the team.