Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This guy's vision has gone quantum. He did lift defensively late in the game. Coachable.

And is now a constructive player. If he does all that for another month he's a lock.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought Jack Ross had a career-best game. Sure, we'd like some tackles and some pressure acts but moving from a wing to midfield is a very big step.

Comparisons to Trent Cotchin are brutally unfair.
Yep well said D, a breakout performance.
Cotch is unlikely to be there next season.
Ross has done a long apprenticeship behind our Premiership legends but at just 21 yr old he's got to be retained.
Still a work in progress but the kid seems made of the right stuff to carve out a successful AFL career.

Reactions: 13 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep well said D, a breakout performance.
Cotch is unlikely to be there next season.
Ross has done a long apprenticeship behind our Premiership legends but at just 21 yr old he's got to be retained.
Still a work in progress but the kid seems made of the right stuff to carve out a successful AFL career.
Loved his one hand grab near the boundary in the 3rd quarter when he did the 1-2 pass with Bakes.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not having to run up and down the wing gave him more energy to impact the contests. His game is similar to Cripps ie put his big arse in the contest, win the ground ball, pivot and free up the arms to dish off.
Had an impressive game and did some nice things in tight. Best game since some of his earlier games in 2019.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
With Cotchin out for at least the next 2 games, this will give Ross the perfect chance to cement his spot long term.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I'll back him in to have another good game being less intensity
and with the likes of Lambert , Prestia , Cotchin missing games on a regular basis , we need the likes of Ross to be comfortable and productive at this level

getting RCD , Sonsie , Dow up to this level is important too

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'll back him in to have another good game being less intensity
and with the likes of Lambert , Prestia , Cotchin missing games on a regular basis , we need the likes of Ross to be comfortable and productive at this level

getting RCD , Sonsie , Dow up to this level is important too
Yep. Better chance now. Hopefully he steps up again.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Fair enough - but the question was asked of him last weekend and he stepped up.
I’ll back him to do it again this Sunday.
I want him to back it up with another good game. I’ve been one of the few on here that want him to kick some ass.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The hard ball get and the 1 -2 handball with Baker on the back flank with 9 minutes to go in the third was impressive. He looked strong, sharp and clean.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
He's still got things to work on in his game (mainly his disposal by foot), but he's still only 21 and has lots of improvement ahead of him still. What I like is the fact he has 40 odd games of AFL now in him, and you can see how his confidence has grown at VFL level to be a dominant midfielder at that level. Once he believes he belongs at AFL level as an inside mid, I think we'll see him step up even further.

He has put a decent gap now between himself and RCD and Dow in my opinion. Tracking okay.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Watching the replay, I was even more impressed with Jack's game.

Contest work was tough and clean.

He showed his pace in a couple of wing contests. Contrary to popular pre belief, the kid is quick.

One beautiful kick inside 50 that resulted in a goal, and overall a good kicking game.

26 disposals, 6 clearances, 11 kicks at 84% efficiency.

Showed off his endurance as he lifted in the third and fourth.

30 odd games, 21 years old. There's a lot to work with here.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I thought Jack Ross had a career-best game. Sure, we'd like some tackles and some pressure acts but moving from a wing to midfield is a very big step.
No doubt whatsoever it was a career best game. To date he has looked middling in easy wins, poor in losses, and has generally failed to step up when the stakes are high and the game is hot. That was the first game when he has stepped up when we really needed him to.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Not having to run up and down the wing gave him more energy to impact the contests. His game is similar to Cripps ie put his big arse in the contest, win the ground ball, pivot and free up the arms to dish off.
Had an impressive game and did some nice things in tight. Best game since some of his earlier games in 2019.
Cripps you say? Hope so. Stats comparison at same age, 4th season, averages per game, based on 10 games JR 15 games PC:

JR D 15.7 CP 5 M 4.4 CM 0 G 0
PC D 24.9 CP13.5 M 4.3 CM 1 G 0.47