Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Him and Bakes tried to put us on their shoulders in the last.

Has to stay in.

He'll never be Cotch, but has earned a few weeks in the firsts

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Certainly worked for a living. Running. Just a little dirt under his fingernails. Nice. Won a very good ground ball with physical strength. Big improvement. And put players though with the ball at times. He's making that a habit.

We have to take a close look at the CB massacre of the first 45 minutes of the game. Carnage. Many of our players humiliated. In the first quarter Jack Ross had 3 CBAs for 1 clearance. No shame on him. (We were destroyed in this quarter.) Ross had 3 stoppage clearances. 3 kicks, 6 hb. No SI. 1 turnover.

He finished the game with 17 CBAs for 2 centre clearances. 4 SI. Zero tackles. 4 turnovers. 4 stoppage clearances. 11 pressure acts.

Geelong gave Atkins 23 CBAs for 6 centre clearances. It's not like the competition was hot. But Ross will be keeping his spot. He done ok. And we will have to have a look at what the *smile* was happening in the ruck in the wipeout period and in the game overall.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Amazing what happens when you play players in their correct positions. Ross and Baker to be part of our midfield rotation. And Stack to the backline.

Reactions: 3 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Amazing what happens when you play players in their correct positions. Ross and Baker to be part of our midfield rotation. And Stack to the backline.
The way I see it the coaches have always had Ross pegged for part of the midfield rotation but he has been sent down back and to the wing to work on his skills.

They wanted him to improve his kicking and his running ability.

He also plays as a slow inside mid which is the position Cotchin has had a mortgage on for the last decade.

I think the club has got this one right. When Cotchin retires Ross will be right to go.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Did well but that was a very weak Geelong midfield.
They even pushed in that dkhead Cameron in because Gurthie & Selwood went home after qtr time.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Certainly worked for a living. Running. Just a little dirt under his fingernails. Nice. Won a very good ground ball with physical strength. Big improvement. And put players though with the ball at times. He's making that a habit.

We have to take a close look at the CB massacre of the first 45 minutes of the game. Carnage. Many of our players humiliated. In the first quarter Jack Ross had 3 CBAs for 1 clearance. No shame on him. (We were destroyed in this quarter.) Ross had 3 stoppage clearances. 3 kicks, 6 hb. No SI. 1 turnover.

He finished the game with 17 CBAs for 2 centre clearances. 4 SI. Zero tackles. 4 turnovers. 4 stoppage clearances. 11 pressure acts.

Geelong gave Atkins 23 CBAs for 6 centre clearances. It's not like the competition was hot. But Ross will be keeping his spot. He done ok. And we will have to have a look at what the *smile* was happening in the ruck in the wipeout period and in the game overall.
Agree - can’t afford clearance debacle in first quarter & a half.

Can’t go into game with no valid second ruck option. Jack was terrible when used in there.

There was no intensity shown by midfield during that opening - has to be addressed.

Reactions: 1 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
every time he plays lately whether vfl or afl people keep knocking him saying he wasn’t playing against a good midfield or good team well he can only play against the team we are playing and the last few weeks he’s been great. Needs to keep playing in the seniors

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
We need to keep him in the team.
Cotchin can switch with him.

Was agreeing with the first comment but was wondering about where Cotch fitted into things
The second comment makes sense to me

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Was agreeing with the first comment but was wondering about where Cotch fitted into things
The second comment makes sense to me
Both can play. More mid rotations we have the better. Reduce Cotchins game time but will ultimately increase his longevity.

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
What I liked best about Jack Ross last night was his courage.
He is young, he saw what happened to Dion, he knew Cotch was out and we as a 21 were down and out.

He put his head down and tried his guts out. He didnt give up. He stood up.
He wont be Cotch as many have said and his level may not be A grade, but I was proud of how he stood up.

As Dimma might say, last night, he became a Richmond man with his efforts.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
The way I see it the coaches have always had Ross pegged for part of the midfield rotation but he has been sent down back and to the wing to work on his skills.

They wanted him to improve his kicking and his running ability.

He also plays as a slow inside mid which is the position Cotchin has had a mortgage on for the last decade.

I think the club has got this one right. When Cotchin retires Ross will be right to go.
Coaches briefings given to coteries pretty much state this explicitly.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

Can’t go into game with no valid second ruck option. Jack was terrible when used in there.

There was no intensity shown by midfield during that opening - has to be addressed.
Jack should never be used as a ruck at centre bounce if Jack went down it’s end of season for us

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
His best game. Just wish he had stuck that tackle on Atkins at the last centre bounce.
We really got that last lineup wrong, short should not have been there and dusty should have.

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008

Can't understand why they didn't use Pickett in the ruck instead of Jack.

Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Can't understand why they didn't use Pickett in the ruck instead of Jack.
Didnt Pickett miss the Swans game with Migraines?

I wonder if we need to be careful with Pickett getting high hits in the Ruck?

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I’m really glad jack had a ripper game. Just shows that it doesn’t pay to be a smarty pants and write young players off early. My only criticism is the 0 tackles stat. Hopefully he can get a bit of killer in him as a next step.