Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
He’s got enough fans like yourself mate that give me hope I’ve got him wrong , I think we need to find better
Again the marking on Ross is so over the top. Some people expect him to be a top flight a grade mid. He was drafted in the late 30’s so I would think he is performing much like his draft pick. Has heaps to improve but is solid depth.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Again the marking on Ross is so over the top. Some people expect him to be a top flight a grade mid. He was drafted in the late 30’s so I would think he is performing much like his draft pick. Has heaps to improve but is solid depth.
Why can't pick 30's be A graders?
He was ok, but no pace.
Can't play both him and Graham in real games

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Once your in the system where someone is drafted becomes irrelevant I think Go29 , when it comes to the last day in September teams are made up of players drafted at all different picks , without repeating myself , I just don’t see what others see in him

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
, without repeating myself , I just don’t see what others see in him
After three flags in four years even half the experts still couldn't see what was all over their faces, they didn't rate us n still now after 11 wins in a row a lot of experts still can't see how Colonwood keep winning all those close games.

With all the AFL shackles of draft n salary cap, most clubs have similar list talent available. Clubs get a handful of star quality then after that it boils down to the nuts n bolts players honesty n integrity of work ethic. Rossy's going o.k. at AFL level n still got improvement in him, hopefully he keeps stepping up n becomes an integral cog in the team. Still should have all of next season to consolidate his spot in the side

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’m with Brightside on Ross, but I was wrong about his ability to find improvement.

He *is* eking out some upward swing but whether it will be enough, time will tell.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He looks a footballer to me.

That hasn't changed since I saw him play his first VFL game.

Will only improve. He's the closest thing we have to a two way mid outside of Prestia (and Cotchin - for the moment).

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He looks a footballer to me.

That hasn't changed since I saw him play his first VFL game.

Will only improve. He's the closest thing we have to a two way mid outside of Prestia (and Cotchin - for the moment).
And now has versatility to his game. Two weeks running he has had to cover the wing as Macintosh was required down back.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Agree 100%

Except he was a 3rd round selection, pick #43.

He's a competitor, looks like a Richmond man to me.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
And now has versatility to his game. Two weeks running he has had to cover the wing as Macintosh was required down back.
Yep versatility, and that shows a commitment to playing the "team game". We play wingers who run selflessly up and down the field, not chasing kicks. The fact that we are so willing to move him there when needed I reckon shows his work ethic is very highly rated.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
He is strong over the ball and gets his arms up above the tackle now… I’m liking his progress. It would be a massive bonus if he steps up for a run at the finals.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i like him and he is improving

jack graham is the one going backwards

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
He is strong over the ball and gets his arms up above the tackle now… I’m liking his progress. It would be a massive bonus if he steps up for a run at the finals.
Many a final is won because your bottom 6 players are better than their bottom 6. If Ross can be a reliable part of our winning bottom 6 this year, I'll take it. What you don't want in that bottom 6 are players with glaring weaknesses that opponents can exploit.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He’s unlucky to be dropped this week. Thought he was going pretty well.

Reactions: 3 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Edwards has barely played a real goid game in 2 years now...and didnt play mych at all in 2020..not sure why he is picked over Ross this week

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Jack's contested possession rate was very low. Disposal efficiency not great.

I'm yet to see him play really well when Cotchin is in the side when bumped to an outside role. He is not a great ball user. Field kicking is to a contest too often.

Think this selection is about team balance as much as anything. Sonsie & Graham preferred.