Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Jack's contested possession rate was very low. Disposal efficiency not great.

I'm yet to see him play really well when Cotchin is in the side when bumped to an outside role. He is not a great ball user. Field kicking is to a contest too often.

Think this selection is about team balance as much as anything. Sonsie & Graham preferred.
True Too
But probably still required in the future as Cotch and Dion depart

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Been zero talk in the media on his contract. Hopefully we can get him signed over the coming few weeks. As his importance will increase when Edwards retires and Cotchin pulls the pin.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
True Too
But probably still required in the future as Cotch and Dion depart
We are certainly looking weaker in the midfield without Lambert and with Shedda in limbo.
Plans for the trade period and whether they come off, will dictate what happens with JR.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Been zero talk in the media on his contract. Hopefully we can get him signed over the coming few weeks. As his importance will increase when Edwards retires and Cotchin pulls the pin.
Not sure why he would want to stay when Dimma doesn't rate him. Same with Stack.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Not sure why he would want to stay when Dimma doesn't rate him. Same with Stack.
No idea how you have come to that conclusion. He has been played many times over the past few years when many on here have want to see him get the arse. I was a bit perplexed to see him get dropped this week but to state Dimma doesn’t rate him is a massive stretch.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No idea how you have come to that conclusion. He has been played many times over the past few years when many on here have want to see him get the arse. I was a bit perplexed to see him get dropped this week but to state Dimma doesn’t rate him is a massive stretch.
Agree. Probably a lot of worries on Rossy by most. He knows what to do when Dimma tells him. I'm glad we don't have big headed players thinking they know better than the coach.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I noticed a couple of decent passes against Port.

But that exception kinda proves the rule - Ross is a poor user and does not penetrate the lines.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Surely he will get the sub guernsey, he doesn’t deserve to be dropped altogether.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
One man's 'dimma doesn't rate him' is another man's 'its up to him to make Dimma rate him'

This idea that Jack Ross is a victim, played out of posi, now Dimma doesn't rate him, is bulldust.

Reactions: 1 users

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Where do we think Ross stands in terms of a néw contract? one of the last not a good sign. Is he looking around for a more regular playing time or he is in the strange range if a third contract wanting a bit more and potentially squeezed by salary cap? Or is he bit rated?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Where do we think Ross stands in terms of a néw contract? one of the last not a good sign. Is he looking around for a more regular playing time or he is in the strange range if a third contract wanting a bit more and potentially squeezed by salary cap? Or is he bit rated?
If I was Ross I would have the feelers out.

If Taranto comes to the RFC Ross wont get increased opportunities to improve his station, he is limited to a degree, he is a role playing mid not a top end mid.

He is Grahams replacement when Graham is not playing or Cotchin, he is also arguably now behind the Sonz.

Next year if Taranto comes he gets bumped back behind Taranto, the Sonz and Graham.

He seems like a good kid and has Richmond Man traits, he's just limited.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
I think he will get a 1 year extension club is just wanting to secure the rest before they know how much they can offer

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I think he'd be justified in feeling a bit hard done by not getting regular games and will likely have the feelers out. He's a victim of circumstance though, if he'd been recruited 15 years ago he'd have played 50 games easily by now, but we were a crappier side back then. I hope he signs on though as there will be a spot for him once Cotch retires.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think he'd be justified in feeling a bit hard done by not getting regular games and will likely have the feelers out. He's a victim of circumstance though, if he'd been recruited 15 years ago he'd have played 50 games easily by now, but we were a crappier side back then. I hope he signs on though as there will be a spot for him once Cotch retires.
If he could run faster, and speed of decision making he'd play every week.

But he doesnt .....so he doesnt unfortunately.

I doubt he will play as many games in the Tigers seniors next year if he stays as he has this year with the injuries.

Sonz has usurped him, add Fridge and Martin back into the side, as well as Cotchin and the possible arrival of Taranto.

Then there is also Stack.

Ross has a problem, so does George

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user