Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought he was outstanding early , an overall in our bests .

Nothing against Jack however hes not going to be the difference between us winning flags or not .

I like our backline gong forward I think we’ve got the talent there to win a flag , obviously our forward line MUST find another key forward in the next 12 -18 months , however that midfield is a huge problem , yes we have a few that can play roles at times , but there is Dusty, Skip and Prestia and not a lot else , those 3 are all past there best for a variety of reasons in fact as scary as it is there is a very small possibility they may all never play for the Tiges again . I see Sonsie as our only genuine mid going forward and he’s probably more your attacking type not 2 way runner , Bolton obviously as good as any one way , though will always spend a lot of time forward , Dow is one I liked early on , however his foot skills are nothing better then ok, in saying that he does have talent , he won’t be the answer however I’d like too see him trained up in a more defensive midfield role over the summer , he may just be able to add something to our mix.

No doubt Toronto is going to help , it’s where we get a couple more from that’s the question , imho if we don’t get another atleast good ones we don’t contend next year

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Great game by Ross. Good to see he's formed a bromance with Sonsie as these 2 are key to driving our midfield development.

Reactions: 1 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I see Sonsie as our only genuine mid going forward and he’s probably more your attacking type not 2 way runner , Bolton obviously as good as any one way , though will always spend a lot of time forward , Dow is one I liked early on , however his foot skills are nothing better then ok, in saying that he does have talent , he won’t be the answer however I’d like too see him trained up in a more defensive midfield role over the summer , he may just be able to add something to our mix.
That’s a douzy of a sentence- the longest in Pre history?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Why can't we trade Ross to Hawthorn or Essendon for a swap of picks to help get the Hopper deal done.
Pick 31+ Ross for pick 22 or 23

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Why can't we trade Ross to Hawthorn or Essendon for a swap of picks to help get the Hopper deal done.
Pick 31+ Ross for pick 22 or 23
I'm not a huge wrap for Ross, he's just ok - but we can't be swapping out one of the very few decent younger mids we have for Hopper, defeats the purpose.

Reactions: 5 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Definitely not trading Ross, shown something the last half of the year, and more importantly, stood up in a final. Definite keeper for me

Reactions: 16 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Very underrated is Ross. One of our best in the last month or so of footy. Trading hin for Hopper would be a mistake.

Reactions: 19 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Required player for mine. Wouldn’t be letting him go anywhere. We also wouldn’t get what he’d be worth to us in any trade.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ross is quite undervalued by many supporters. He's going to be an important player for us for a number of years

Reactions: 9 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Had his best game ever in the most recent final we played. I'm not trading him.
I thought so too. And it was the type of game which showed not just an improved tank and willingness to run hard for long periods but really intelligent understanding of where to run and when, ball use and general footy IQ. He’ll be an important player for us. Lambertesque.

Reactions: 5 users