Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thinking Ross will be learning a fair bit from Hopper and the way he goes about playing inside mid

They are exactly the same height and weight and both inside mids
Ross isn’t an inside mid. Not yet anyway. The vast majority of his career possessions are uncontested which is sort of ok because of his excellent kicking efficiency.

He might become one, but he is definitely not an inside mid at this particular point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Ross isn’t an inside mid. Not yet anyway. The vast majority of his career possessions are uncontested which is sort of ok because of his excellent kicking efficiency.

He might become one, but he is definitely not an inside mid at this particular point.

I tend to agree Red.

We have had raids on our depth last 4-5 years so we need to rebuild this, perhaps Ross becomes starting 22 or not but if he can elevate his game slightly (And all evidence shows his working hard to do this) we should be in a better situation depth wise which will be important ging forward.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I wonder how he coped mentally with hopper and Taranto being drafted. If that didn’t happen he is starting every game - but pretty low chance of playing in a flag.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

He played inside / outside mid for the charges consistently in the juniors has not been used that way since arriving at Richmond where he has been played just about everywhere. HB/Wing/Fwd

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He played inside / outside mid for the charges consistently in the juniors has not been used that way since arriving at Richmond where he has been played just about everywhere. HB/Wing/Fwd
That’s right. So as it stands right now, he’s not an AFL inside midfielder. He was a mixture at Oakleigh - I know the Oakleigh people - be but he isn’t and hasn’t been at AFL level. Yet.

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Shedda's gawn, as is Lamblett.
Cotch is more than likely in his last year n Foosh is probably not far from the finish line either.
The Dusty one will simply spend more time hovering around the forward half with occasional midfield spells, Presty's got reliability issues n so has Fridge.
We may have added Tarantino n Grasshopper to our midfield but we desperately needed them.

Plenty of space gunna be available in our midfield rotations this year and as we roll forward into 24/25 and onward there'll be a core requirement for a Jack Ross just coming into his prime.

Reactions: 4 users