Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I really like his composure. He usually thinks things through before disposing of it, especially his kicks. Has footy smarts.

Reactions: 7 users

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
He doesn’t have the wheels.

Apart from the time that Bolton spends in the middle, our midfield is too one paced already.
Think he’s faster than you think. Cotch went into plenty of center bounces today, Ross could replace him.

Reactions: 1 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Good game.
Love his perseverance. Hope he goes well

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Not quick but seems to make the right decisions. Composed and doesn't panic.
Has had some impact, I think he can make it.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Absolutely our best user going inside 50.

I couldn't believe I was reading on here some people said he couldn't dispose.

He has some limitations, but disposal ain't one.

Ross is a clear 200 game player.

Reactions: 9 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
He doesn’t have the wheels.

Apart from the time that Bolton spends in the middle, our midfield is too one paced already.
Ross is not quick, but he’s not slow either.
On paper he’s as quick as Bolton over 20m.
That doesn’t mean a lot as he’s clearly not explosive like Bolton, but his speed isn’t a reason he should not get a go on ball.

Cotch attended 23 centre bounces today, he’s gone at the end of the year. Hopper would have attended them, but he’s no quicker than Ross.

We have no one quicker waiting to go, so he should be given a go.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Sold a bit of candy.
First time I’ve noticed his ability to sell candy and wrong foot opponents.
That can make up for a lack of genuine leg speed. ( See Joel Bowden )
Thought his last quarter was outstanding. Made up for a couple of quiet quarters and sub par decisions earlier in the game.
Persist.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not quick but seems to make the right decisions. Composed and doesn't panic.
Has had some impact, I think he can make it.
Has played 52 games. Raises an interesting question. At what point have you made it?

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Has played 52 games. Raises an interesting question. At what point have you made it?

He has been the sub for quite a few but fair point,.
I guess it can't be easy breaking into a team full of premiership players too.

Last edited:

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think I’m looking at JRs glass half empty, love the way Jack goes about it , however to me he is very much a 22-26 man , to double grab in tight there’s no way he could play AFL midfield hence he dosent . I think he’s kicking has improved, no worse no better then KMac , who also needs space an time to hit targets , definitely not quick but I don’t see his pace an issue though I’d love a slick skilled winger in the team . He also nearly cost us the game yesterday with that horrendous handball deep in defence , doing ok , I just want premiership players added not more foot soldiers . First time his played 6 straight games says a fair bit I reckon . I hope he proves me wrong .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users