Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Reckon he is believing in himself again.
Thats the biggest part of making it
Yes because he's been given the opportunity to string a few games together. Footy is a confidence game, even more so for the youngsters. Ross is a good player, just been thrown around and dropped and made sub far too much.

Reactions: 6 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
From what I saw at ground level
Composed. More evasive than a thought. kicks within his limits
Never going to be a top of the list player but improving consistently and can have a very successful career in the AFL

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Has really worked on getting his arms free. Even when he got pinged once holding the ball that is his first instinct now. He also doesn't just throw it on the boot in traffic - really tries to find an option. Obviously will never be at that level, but feels like he has been copying/working with Cotch to me.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yes because he's been given the opportunity to string a few games together. Footy is a confidence game, even more so for the youngsters. Ross is a good player, just been thrown around and dropped and made sub far too much.
I don't see it like that. To me we've been trying hard to give him every opportunity to succeed and trying to find his best spot.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I don't see it like that. To me we've been trying hard to give him every opportunity to succeed and trying to find his best spot.
Yeah agree,problem is we lack pace around the midfield ,and he doesn't have it .
He is more of a depth player.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Agree , I think they’ve found his best AFL spot , is he in our best 2 wingman is another question, imho his best footy spot is VFL midfielder , however hasn’t the tools for that position at AFL , the cleaness and reaction time of this boys is incredible

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Played a good game. Composed and used the ball well.
I believe Jack will make it and be long term. He is now showing his wares. great kick for goal, building up body strength, reads the play well and is connecting.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah agree,problem is we lack pace around the midfield ,and he doesn't have it .
He is more of a depth player.

I think he's a part of the jigsaw puzzle with his traits, but agree he needs support from other pacier players.

You can't have a one pace midfield these days... at least not a slow one.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Amazing what happens when someone gets some confidence from a string of games. He's building.

Reactions: 13 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Does a lot more than his detractors would admit. A useful blue collar worker who is now getting a run of games and improving all the while and he teammates know it

Reactions: 7 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Looks exactly the same to me as he always has. Looks slow, because he isn't dynamic, or showy. But he's thoughtful and measured, even in tight places and under pressure. What's changed is that "thoughtfullness" used to manifest as caution. He wouldn't commit to a contest if he couldn't see a way through. I reckon he has greater confidence in his body now so he's lifting his contested ball numbers. He's better by foot than he gets credit for. But if he can bring his hands into it and help feed the ball he can be a central cog in the midfield. That steady head is a real asset, could become midfield General in time.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Ross does no flinch under a high ball. And is now hitting the loose hard and breaking a line. Always forms up. Does not drop off. One of the next generation types with a plan for the ball.

More ball against better opposition is the next challenge. Could be a late season bloomer.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Has played 52 games. Raises an interesting question. At what point have you made it?
50 games under the belt. That's the apprenticeship done, genuine tradie now. Probably doesn't have the game to be a premium player, but he's got enough to be a solid and reliable contributor most weeks.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If it wasnt for Marlion marking everything in the vfl decider, Ross woulda played the 2019 grand final.
So he's been fringe for a few years. With Lambert n Shedda retired, finally seems to be best 22 now.
Its been a long time coming