Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Good take Mr B. Not convinced the wing is his best position but he cant get into our stacked midfield.

Ideally Id have Pickett/kmac on the wings, Baker forward supported by MRJ/Mansell. Where that leaves Ross, not sure.
Imo AA he’s only AFL option is the wing , dominates at VFL as an onballer , however the blokes who know don’t even consider him as an AFL standard mid , not clean enough or possessing that fast twitch reflex you need in there. I prefer KMac and Pickett, however I’m hopeful and encouraged that Banks will surpass both Pickett and Ross , can also see Clarke spending time there.

Wouldnt be against Bakes p, Short or DRioli on wings , however no need to fix what’s not broken

Reactions: 1 user
Recovered well after a shaky start, is having a good season. Competition for a spot in the side is starting to heat up with Marlion and Hopper to come back in.

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t like been harsh on JR and he wasn’t the worst , however last night showed exactly why we never see him in the middle for those calling out for him to be in there , so fumbly with the ground ball when the heats on , that’s why he’s on a wing ( space) and for me jury is in, he’s just not a good enough AFL wingman for mine.

Don’t like been harsh on JR and he wasn’t the worst , however last night showed exactly why we never see him in the middle for those calling out for him to be in there , so fumbly with the ground ball when the heats on , that’s why he’s on a wing ( space) and for me jury is in, he’s just not a good enough AFL wingman for mine.
Had higher hopes for him, but albeit he’s probably the best of them, he’s never the less in a big bracket of younger players with 3-5 years of experience that don’t look anything special.

Amongst other issues, we’re carrying too many of these “mediocres”.

Reactions: 4 users
i dont mind Ross, and happy to see him picked most weeks, but he was hopeless too often last night. he did a few nice things, but so man fumbles and missed tackles.
dropped next week for mine. Banks should get his go on the wing.

Was bloody lazy last night.His defensive efforts looked like he had no hunger whatsoever.At times he simply refused to tackle or chase....

He was quite dreadful last night live

Panicy, fumbly, no left foot with his left foot on the boundary line.

I think we will have started climbing the mountain again when hes not on our list

I'm a Ross fan. Last night was one of the worst games I have seen him play.

He's not quick but we usually see him linking up well but was fumbly last night and his disposal well below his best.

Not sure why we didn't throw him in the midfield for a bit when we were getting obliterated . Then again, wonder why we didnt make any moves at all?

He is one of our only poised and composed players in traffic. Nice kick into Cumberland in the last quarter too.

Does need to go a bit harder in close I agree and does tend to stay o nthe outside of packs too much. Disagree with anyone who says he panics under pressure however.

Defensively could probably lift a bit. Does run well from end to end however.

I'd keep playing him. Just over 50 games and nearly at that point of 60-70 where they start to have real impact. Don't have many in that demographic that are doing much .Get Ralph-Smith and Clarke there too then we will start happening.

Reactions: 2 users
Another RCD, just not up to it.

He is one of our only poised and composed players in traffic. Nice kick into Cumberland in the last quarter too.

Does need to go a bit harder in close I agree and does tend to stay o nthe outside of packs too much. Disagree with anyone who says he panics under pressure however.

Defensively could probably lift a bit. Does run well from end to end however.

I'd keep playing him. Just over 50 games and nearly at that point of 60-70 where they start to have real impact. Don't have many in that demographic that are doing much .Get Ralph-Smith and Clarke there too then we will start happening.
Nice kick to Cumbo, so needs to play the next 50 games. FFS get real. Just not good enough.

That’s a bit harsh , he does have some ability
Saw him back in 2018 when he couldn't kick the ball over Waterman's head at the "G" against Wet Toast, did the same against Saints. It proved to me back in 2018 he just didn't have it. He confirmed it 2 weeks ago when he couldn't kick it over Butler's head. Just a plodder. VFL standard only.

Saw him back in 2018 when he couldn't kick the ball over Waterman's head at the "G" against Wet Toast, did the same against Saints. It proved to me back in 2018 he just didn't have it. He confirmed it 2 weeks ago when he couldn't kick it over Butler's head. Just a plodder. VFL standard only.
way too harsh. Makes a few errors each week and they seem to be highlighted more than others. His poise in traffic is really noticeable and he doesn't panic. Plenty to work with. Every player makes the odd error. Like all players has areas to improve

Interesting, since he didn't debut until 2019.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users