Jack Ross

Ripplestick

Tiger Superstar
Jan 18, 2007
Though he probably got his hopes up after being rested from the VFL GF, I'd feel worse for Ross if he had played the prelim and got dropped for the grand final.

Big difference between being dropped and not being selected.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This all goes back to Fyfe.
Kid is flying and Fyfe in one second ends his season.
Since his return he has been no where near his form earlier in the year.
16 possessions in the midfield playing in the 2’s isn’t going to cut it,

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 20, 2005
No VFL or AFL premiership reunion for this guy. Team will need to get around him. Pickett was, and easy in hindsight, the right selection so that may make the AFL part easier to stomach... but not getting to go in the VFL one too has to sting.

Reactions: 3 users

sconies

Tiger Cub
Aug 22, 2019
Has an Instagram story celebrating Pickett's goal - the spot that many thought was his. Quality. I think he'll be fine.

Reactions: 4 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
No VFL or AFL premiership reunion for this guy. Team will need to get around him. Pickett was, and easy in hindsight, the right selection so that may make the AFL part easier to stomach... but not getting to go in the VFL one too has to sting.
He was an emergency. He’ll be invited.

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
My take is that Ross would play but in the end Marlion’s VFL grand final performance edged him ahead. Was just too tantalising to not select and in the end it was proven to be the correct decision.

Just bad luck for Ross but in the end the club has to pick what they believe to be the strongest side. If anything Ross should be encouraged the club thinks so highly of him to have him right up there for GF selection in his first year.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Fair point Taraba, being in the mix in your first year and at his age is pretty damned good.

He'll get in the side as a regular over the next couple of years and should get an opportunity.

DS

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Really looking forward to seeing a trimmed up, full preseason'd, Jack Ross in the team. Think he has huge scope for improvement on what we saw

Reactions: 10 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I reckon Ross could well be our 4th best mid after Dusty, Cotch and Prestia.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Champion
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I reckon Ross could well be our 4th best mid after Dusty, Cotch and Prestia.
A bit too early to call in my opinion but he has seriously good potential on what we saw in 2019. At the back end on the season he had two bad decisions re the grand finals but if he is half the person I hope he is he will show us his worth in the future.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Really looking forward to seeing a trimmed up, full preseason'd, Jack Ross in the team. Think he has huge scope for improvement on what we saw
Another AFL-level pre-season will help him immensely. Really looking forward to hopefully seeing him cement his position in the midfield this year.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
A bit too early to call in my opinion but he has seriously good potential on what we saw in 2019. At the back end on the season he had two bad decisions re the grand finals but if he is half the person I hope he is he will show us his worth in the future.
I should have clarified but yes, has the potential to be a gun imo

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
J Ross will play round 1..
Get on YouTube and take a look at Jack Ross highlights. So composed, and great disposal by hand and foot.

Should be in best 22 for R1 but there's a lot of water to go under that bridge between now and R1. Form and injuries (hopefully very few) will determine who's in or not.