Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
If the club plays smart next year its resting time for some of out older players.
Jack , Cotchin, Dusty, Nank , Astbury, etc should miss 2-3 games each to give the kids a run and to rest them up for a long season ...

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Was not emergency this year
True! I was wrong, just didnt look. He,d been emergency in earlier finals match and I assumed he,d stayed there.

Doesjt matter he was stiff to get dropped. Am looking forward to him playing in 2021

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
If the club plays smart next year its resting time for some of out older players.
Jack , Cotchin, Dusty, Nank , Astbury, etc should miss 2-3 games each to give the kids a run and to rest them up for a long season ...
Especially when it will go back to normal transmission Re games & game time...

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Fared poorly in b&f voting from his 7 games (as did Broad from 16). Is Ross on the outer?

I don’t think so - he did OK and showed enough in his games.

I think his problem is that he has RCD and Dow hot on his heals and Bolton ahead of him at this stage in terms of young players and the forgotten Higgins also - they won’t all make it and the competition for a place is fierce as it should be with champion sides - those who make it will be the cream of a very strong crop.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He was very poor early but i thought he was starting to return to his 2019 form just before he was dropped.
Yes I thought he was playing quite well when he got his chance near the end of the H&A season. He was unlucky to be dropped but someone had to make way for Prestia and Edwards and now we have a 3rd flag in 4 years. I hope he sees the big picture; he has a good future at RFC.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
He was very poor early but i thought he was starting to return to his 2019 form just before he was dropped.

My take on Ross and the poor form early in the season is that the club were remodeling him in two areas. He seemingly lost weight and was given an outside role with some surmising that they were trying to make him a winger or back flank.

The loss of size could be that his body shape was not completely right for the inside role he is good at. So my guess is the development plan was to strip him down and build him back up to the right shape. He did return and looked bigger and in the more inside role.

Then the playing him in the outside role was twofold to protect his lighter frame and also to teach him how the outside role worked.

Not having the VFL didn't help but the reports of the scratch matches were all positive about him late in the year (acknowledging here that the scratch match reports are all basically positive.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
An SEN caller said Jack Ross has engaged a running coach and is already putting in the extra work. I mentioned the other day I saw him at PRO doing some training on his own.
Thought his running was pretty good anyway, if true?, excited he is looking to make it a strength, afterall running both ways is the Richmond way unless of course you are Dusty ;)
Expecting him to get plenty of games in 2021.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
An SEN caller said Jack Ross has engaged a running coach and is already putting in the extra work. I mentioned the other day I saw him at PRO doing some training on his own.
Thought his running was pretty good anyway, if true?, excited he is looking to make it a strength, afterall running both ways is the Richmond way unless of course you are Dusty ;)

Great news, thanks for the update!

I recall thinking he looked a bit wistful after the 2019 grand final. I was fairly close to him on the boundary and that was my impression of his body language while the team was celebrating with the crowd.

He was unlucky being just on the cusp of the team over the last couple or seasons. It appears he isn't acting petulant or sulky and is putting in the hard yards. Sounds like he's got a good attitude.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I noticed Jack's eyes during the post game celebrations & whilst happy they were filled with envy & determination.
Has been unlucky 2 years running now. This kid is desperate to be part of it.

Reactions: 9 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Heard it too.
We really have some exciting midfielders coming through and I hope that they ( at stages ) get some game time to show their abilities.

Really exciting times.

Ross
CD
Dow
Martyn
Stacky ‘rebooted’ . Hopefully a midfield look?

Just to name a few...

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Great news, thanks for the update!

I recall thinking he looked a bit wistful after the 2019 grand final. I was fairly close to him on the boundary and that was my impression of his body language while the team was celebrating with the crowd.

He was unlucky being just on the cusp of the team over the last couple or seasons. It appears he isn't acting petulant or sulky and is putting in the hard yards. Sounds like he's got a good attitude.
Great attitude.
You got to improve or look to improve areas otherwise you can get overrun by others.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Great to hear of the hunger among the fringe.

I still think it a case of Graham OR Ross at this stage but things can change.

With the delisting of Eggs, i reckon Stackmans best placed of the fringe to enter the 22, as Bachars replacement.

Hed be competing with Naish i assume, and i have him well ahead

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Great to hear of the hunger among the fringe.

I still think it a case of Graham OR Ross at this stage but things can change.

With the delisting of Eggs, i reckon Stackmans best placed of the fringe to enter the 22, as Bachars replacement.

Hed be competing with Naish i assume, and i have him well ahead

Agree, ET.
I'll also add ... I place Naish in the same category as Higgins. Will be lucky to forge any sort of consistent career at RFC over the next few seasons.

Reactions: 1 user

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I hope we stick with him and he sticks with us.

I love how he said when drafted that he wanted to captain this club. Lofty goals, but then so was 3-0-75

I just get a good vibe about him.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agree, ET.
I'll also add ... I place Naish in the same category as Higgins. Will be lucky to forge any sort of consistent career at RFC over the next few seasons.
I've got Naish in my top 3 for delisting next year, with Garth and Miller.

Unless something dramatic changes for him he's not lasting much longer.

He will have had 3 seasons which for a small if he hasnt impacted wont serve him well.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users