Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Was very good again. May become the victim of the better player right now coming back in. Its unfortunate and a similar reason why Markov has lost his spot twice this season. It goes down as dropped, but more simply is the better player comes in.

Hasn't put a foot wrong though.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I feel there is not enough love for this kid. Second year and starting to show he is very much a capable player.
He will be an inside beast as his body matures.
Him and Graham critical to our long term future.

Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I feel there is not enough love for this kid. Second year and starting to show he is very much a capable player.
The kid is building & showing his early form of 19 when we were missing our midfield.

It’s going to tough MC meeting deciding what we do.

You can never have enough midfield options especially in finals.

The thing is he can only play midfield,, not wing or HB. Wasted. He is an inside bull.

Reactions: 1 user

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
No way I drop him for the first final - no matter who comes in. Ross, Graham and Bolton are going to be our future midfield - and why not start the future now - I can't see him being a drop off to any other fringe player.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
No way I drop him for the first final - no matter who comes in. Ross, Graham and Bolton are going to be our future midfield - and why not start the future now - I can't see him being a drop off to any other fringe player.

If he gets dropped for the first final, its not for a fringe player, he would be being left out for Dion and IMO as good as Ross has been (and he hasn't put a foot wrong), at this stage of their careers Dion will be playing over him.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
If he gets dropped for the first final, its not for a fringe player, he would be being left out for Dion and IMO as good as Ross has been (and he hasn't put a foot wrong), at this stage of their careers Dion will be playing over him.
That yes posh. Unfortunately.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Looks capable as a future high possession-style, busy inside midfielder with a high quality handball to the right option under any pressure.

I wouldn’t say his kicking is a negative, but there has been an absence of evidence that he‘s an above average pass by foot. His kicking is always sideways, backwards, or down the line to a contest. Probably suggests he’s still learning to play the Richmond way. His natural game probably isn’t how we’d want him to play. I could see him making way this year, but being a lock by next year‘s run.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think there is a lot of love for him going on, but i still think he misses (assuming Prestia comes back.)
I dont think we will play Prestia, Graham and Ross in the one team at this point. especially when we also have Cotch, Dusty, Edwards, and Bolton rolling thru the midfield.
If any of them miss then I am more than happy for Ross to play and I am sure he would do well.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
lalala.png :p

• Haha

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
The kid is building & showing his early form of 19 when we were missing our midfield.

It’s going to tough MC meeting deciding what we do.

You can never have enough midfield options especially in finals.:eek:

The thing is he can only play midfield,, not wing or HB. Wasted. He is an inside bull.
100%. How well are we placed for prolonged success with Guys like Ross etc. coming through?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
100%. How well are we placed for prolonged success with Guys like Ross etc. coming through?

Yeah I just took a look at our list. IMO the names below are potentially future 5-10 year players for us. Only picked under 25 years old.

Baker - 22 - 38 games
Balta - 20 - 26 games
Bolton - 21 - 43 games
Castagna - 24 - 93 games
Graham - 22 - 51 games
Higgins - 21 - 43 games
Markov - 24 - 23 games
Rioli - 23 - 91 games
Ross - 20 - 14 games
Short - 24 - 88 games
Soldo - 24 - 36 games

Thats 11 players.

The unknowns but highly rated (Stack would be in the list above other than the unknown if the Covid breach may mean we don't keep him on).

CCJ - 21 - 1 game
RCD - 20 - no games
Chol - 23 - 20 games
Dow - 18 - 2 games
Egg - 22 - 8 games
Martyn - 19 - no games
RalphSmith - 18 - no games
Stack - 20 - 26 games
Turner - 19 - no games

I've ignored some of the others that are a chance but a bit of a stretch (including Naish as I believe he doesn't hit the contest enough, but could have been in the unknowns list).

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
A shoutout to JRoss, emergency for the 2nd year in a row.
Keep at it young fella, your time will come

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Showed enough this year to give the club enough confidence to play him as a starting mid.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I hope he becomes Cotch's protege. I can see Cotch sacrificng midfield time to let Ross develop faster. Crucial to our next gen midfield.

Reactions: 3 users