Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Serious question, do we have space for both of them with Dusty and Cotch back?

Absolutely.
Both must play if Richmond is to win the flag
Graham really hitting his straps and for all his hard grunt work. And Ross is just what the midfield needs, a tenacious in and under midfielder who gives his all at the bottom of a pack.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Who goes out though? It's going to be a genuine dilemma for our next few years. Such a first world club problem.

Doesn't have to be a like for like. As an example, Cotchin comes in, Bolton spends more time forward instead of mid, Stacky goes back and Short is dropped. You look at your bottom end players and go backwards from there. Many midfielders can play other positions just as well if not better than the peripheral players but they play midfield because they are the best. I see our currently selected bottom end players currently arguably as guys like Short, Ellis, Caddy, Baker, Chol. You'd play Cotchin ahead of these any day of the week.

Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Doesn't have to be a like for like. As an example, Cotchin comes in, Bolton spends more time forward instead of mid, Stacky goes back and Short is dropped. You look at your bottom end players and go backwards from there. Many midfielders can play other positions just as well if not better than the peripheral players but they play midfield because they are the best. I see our currently selected bottom end players currently arguably as guys like Short, Ellis, Caddy, Baker, Chol. You'd play Cotchin ahead of these any day of the week.
Absolutely agree. This is the dilemma I was suggesting. There are so many benefits with having a really strong squad.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The injury may have been a good thing for ross, as a first year player he may have been tiring about now like Stack is.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
An impressive young man is Jack, article on RFC website:

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With 11 weeks off Ross will be well rested and ready to hit finals.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Ross is a certainty for the remainder of the season.
Will be strutting his stuff on the G on the last Saturday in September.
And we will be very thankful for that.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
An absolute stinker. Some terrible decision making at critical times. Will learn from it but would not be surprised if Cotchin replaces him. Think he and Short won’t survive the cut this week.
Rioli fumble fingers and Graham also ineffective and looked very slow

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Not his best game, but was still in there at the bottom of packs.
Stays in the 22 for me.
I'm tipping he will have a pearler against Brisbane next week.