Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
Jack has been told to hit the gym and put on abit of weight he lost last year. this year will be his transition year to replace Cotchin.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I recall during the GF vs GWS he was in the stands watching - must have been hard... so it is great to hear about his desire to work hard to get in the line up (and didn't look to go to another club to improve his chances).

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I recall during the GF vs GWS he was in the stands watching - must have been hard... so it is great to hear about his desire to work hard to get in the line up (and didn't look to go to another club to improve his chances).
It shows the calibre of the young lad in how he has carried himself. It will have been a big blow, to a then still teenager to miss out on both the VFL and AFL Premierships.

Reactions: 5 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Will captain the club l think ...
I heard him speak and thought that he is getting good advice.
if there is one thing holding him back it’s that he is a bit one paced and he talked about getting that burst of speed from a pack. It’s Dusty’s major strength imo, he is quick enough but he is so quick and powerful over the first few metres it gives him space.
That’s what Ross needs and if he can get it he has all the tools

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Dropped too much weight between season 1 & 2 at AFL level. Rate him highly, think he's a very good player who can be very damaging. Worth noting the better games he played in his first season he was playing the Mid role that is usually designated for Dusty

Reactions: 1 users

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
IMO for us to win again next year some of the younger brigade have to push others out.

The same team will not get the job done

Ross is one who could as are Stack CJ and RCD. There are also possibly others.

Is going to be fascinating watching how the club handles this. The 2018 approach of basically the same 22 each week is too risky in my view if illness or injury hits in a knockout game

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Needs to keep getting time in the seniors. Reckon he'd be playing in most other teams starting 18 b

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Completely fluffed his first kick going inside 50 but after that he did pretty well. Good to see. I would love to see the Jack Ross of his first few games in 2019 in our midfield.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hard to judge when he comes on when everybody else has run half a marathon, however did everything he could and showed great signs, hope he gets a full game against the Hawks

Reactions: 5 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Made a big impact when he came on, those two tackles on Walsh were fantastic.

Needs to be played regularly this year.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just watching the replay and something I thought last night, his physical shape has changed dramatically, looks bigger but fined down , ripped I think the kids call it now

Reactions: 1 user