Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
He has fined down. Seems to be running better. Would be a chance to replace Caddy or Pickett ( or Astbury) He really hurt Walsh too. Good to see!

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
4 tackles in his TOG. Game high for the Tiges was 5 with Jack R. Was very impressive when he came on.

His 1st kick was fluffed but saw what he was doing, Dusty was on the lead away from goal, he put it on the lead to him but shanked it and it was some distance from where it should have been.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thought he was good when he came on, need to keep getting games into him. I hope it's not him who goes out for the Chimp.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
4 tackles in his TOG. Game high for the Tiges was 5 with Jack R. Was very impressive when he came on.

His 1st kick was fluffed but saw what he was doing, Dusty was on the lead away from goal, he put it on the lead to him but shanked it and it was some distance from where it should have been.

6 score involvements as well

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Was crucial in the last quarter. Got us going. His kick to Martin was sublime.
No doubt, 100%. But he was the only player on the ground not cooked, along with McDonald I guess, it was a little bit comical. Back to longer quarters, less rotations, first game of the season, he would have been fresher than anyone without all that, but with all that, it like the Benny Hill sped-up film whenever he was in play.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon jack is a good depth player.

obviously so do the coaches. The sub vest writes it in flashing neon.

I expect him to improve, but at this stage I feel like he'll need some luck (bad?)

to get a premiership medal.

Like snake said, sub is a tough gig in that you have to hit the ground running,

but everyone else is walking.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No doubt, 100%. But he was the only player on the ground not cooked, along with McDonald I guess, it was a little bit comical. Back to longer quarters, less rotations, first game of the season, he would have been fresher than anyone without all that, but with all that, it like the Benny Hill sped-up film whenever he was in play.
It highlights the flaw with the new rule. A team that gets a fresh player on late from an injury gets a huge boost. How does that make it fair?

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Whatever, he made an excellent contribution and has to be putting Caddy under pressure.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
It highlights the flaw with the new rule. A team that gets a fresh player on late from an injury gets a huge boost. How does that make it fair?
McDonald and Ross last night just highlight what you get if you bring in half-baked rules and policy-on-the-run. Its a joke. This is meant to be a pro, best-practice, billion-dollar organisation. Its a joke. Bunch of overpaid, unaccountable hillbilly good 'ol boys in fancy suits.

edit. thats a bit harsh on hillbillies. :))

Its beyond a joke. Any competent organisation making any significant change, or even not that significant, has a clear, comprehensive, transparent impact assessment process. What does the AFL do? Has beers with the boys and make sure they all get the message to say 'its great' over and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, I posted in favour of this new sub rule for concussion only. But AFL introduced it on-the-run and last minute, for any injury type.

So clubs will be looking to bend the rules to get their fresh player on once the opposition get to activate theirs. Again putting medicos in an invidious position.

I can see a lot of - "We were fairly sure X had pinged a hammy, but after scans next day, it turns out to be just awareness ..."

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004

I expect him to improve, but at this stage I feel like he'll need some luck (bad?)

He did what many other midfielders couldn't do, stick a tackle on Walsh it was no coincidence that Walsh had very little impact on the game after Ross came on the field.

Very harsh Ezy except for the shanked kick he had a good impact on the game.

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
He did what many other midfielders couldn't do, stick a tackle on Walsh it was no coincidence that Walsh had very little impact on the game after Ross came on the field.

Very harsh Ezy except for the shanked kick he had a good impact on the game.
Yep, our tackling was really poor last night so that JR was a standout when subbed on. Although Baker made a great effort on Cripps.

But he ended up looking like a wallaby stuck on the roo bars of a semi and dragged for 15m.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I liked a tackle that Short layed on, where he rolled the Carlton player over the boundary line and had his arms and legs wrapped around in him in the Koala style that Reece Conca used.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep. Before you were unlucky if you had a player injured or concussed, now you are lucky. Especially with the longer quarters and lower rotations. Again the afl haven't thought this through.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Disagree. Ross is a gun in the making and he'd get a game at pretty much any other club. Timing is everything and unfortunately he's hit a Tiger team that could be the best ever.

Reactions: 4 users