Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Should be in the starting 22 next week.

DS
Looked very clean and straight with his disposals last night bar the first one. I like him and hope he becomes a starting 22 player before a few players getting a game on their name.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Disagree. Ross is a gun in the making and he'd get a game at pretty much any other club. Timing is everything and unfortunately he's hit a Tiger team that could be the best ever.

If he is a gun in the making he'll get a game

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Yes, I posted in favour of this new sub rule for concussion only. But AFL introduced it on-the-run and last minute, for any injury type.

So clubs will be looking to bend the rules to get their fresh player on once the opposition get to activate theirs. Again putting medicos in an invidious position.

I can see a lot of - "We were fairly sure X had pinged a hammy, but after scans next day, it turns out to be just awareness ..."
By round 3 it will just be a sub. Use however you like.

Reactions: 1 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
I enjoyed his attack on the ball and the man. He is ferocious at the contest and I thought our intensity In the midfield really improved when he came on.
Hopefully his indurance has developed to a point that he can play as a transition mid, because then he becomes a very exciting prospect.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
It highlights the flaw with the new rule. A team that gets a fresh player on late from an injury gets a huge boost. How does that make it fair?
Its fair because both teams get it.
And it will be used every match.
Meh rule, totally bogus implementation

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
They should have left it as a concussion sub only with mandatory 12 days for the player subbed out, but I suspect it will be 23rd man sub for any purpose before long.

On Ross my view is that he is easily good enough to play AFL. He just had players in front of him who are very difficult to replace in the team.

Reactions: 1 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i think his performance will give the match committee a greater inclination to manage Cotchin or Prestia if they are sore - i hope so anyway

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Neither team activated their sub last night - second game with new sub provision, so rules look like they could be serious.

I wonder if one had though, then the other feels disadvantaged so ....

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I like him a lot. Black boots too. None of this pink nonsense.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Like most , was dissapointing in the first half today , with Prestia out someone’s going to get a real opportunity in the middle ffs take it whoever gets it

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Can't see any report mentioned. Loving the words I read below. Get him in!

The fact there were just two goals kicked in the first quarter was not through lack of want or desire, and Jack Ross was the poster boy for both.

After being the medical sub for the opening two rounds of the AFL season, Ross looked intent on making up for lost game time.

VFLRoss.jpg

Ross mauled Levi Greenwood at the opening bounce, he then sought body contact from anyone wearing black and white.

The unyielding midfielder slotted the opening goal of the game after being rewarded for his unflinching attack on the ball and the man.

Ross muscled his way past two Collingwood defenders to draw a free kick for high contact and then converted his set-shot.

The midfield maestro finished the game with two goals, after a thumping goal from outside 50 in the last quarter.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
The cotch replacement when cotch is done or needs to rest his body, the question is, can ross and cotch play in the same team come finals time

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Can't see any report mentioned. Loving the words I read below. Get him in!

The fact there were just two goals kicked in the first quarter was not through lack of want or desire, and Jack Ross was the poster boy for both.

After being the medical sub for the opening two rounds of the AFL season, Ross looked intent on making up for lost game time.

VFLRoss.jpg

Ross mauled Levi Greenwood at the opening bounce, he then sought body contact from anyone wearing black and white.

The unyielding midfielder slotted the opening goal of the game after being rewarded for his unflinching attack on the ball and the man.

Ross muscled his way past two Collingwood defenders to draw a free kick for high contact and then converted his set-shot.

The midfield maestro finished the game with two goals, after a thumping goal from outside 50 in the last quarter.

Would love to see Jack get selected (surely) against Port and take that attitude into the game.