Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
The way he has been set up is completely outside and hardly any contested possetions. Could that spot open up to Sonsie as it seems he has a higher scope for improvement?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Josh Scache, Jake Aarts, Cam Guthrie, Rhys Matheson, are your prototype VFL blokes by which the index is measured. Seriously flawed Blokes who arent gonna get any better.
Geez, I hope you meant Zak Guthrie there eZyT. Cam's managed a couple of hundred games n BnF at the Moggies, not quite VFL standard. His little bro Zak on the other hand, dud delist.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
So let him ride the modest plateau to 250 games?
We are well past that era legendary man .
until the midfield draftees from the past two years get some vfl experience into them then Rossy will need to keep playing .

Reactions: 1 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
I wouldn't move him on, but we won't win a premiership with him in the best 22 IMO. He's a back up player in the AFL in my view. I'd love to see Banks take that wing by the end of the year. I have high hopes for him.
I can see that he has deficiencies mrposhman, but "won't win a premiership with him in the best 22" is demonstrably incorrect, unless you think that leaving Marlion out of the 2019 premiership team and replacing him with Ross (as was the clubs initial plan) would mean we're still stuck on 12 premierships.
I seriously doubt that he can be a star in a premiership team, but I'm pretty confident he could play a role in one.

I appreciate that this could be construed as him being a back up player in the AFL, as you say, but I get my back up at the "won't win a premiership" accusations that often get thrown about.
And i also think that he has room to improve and could end up a solid AFL player.

Reactions: 10 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Strikes me as similar to Liam Shiels.
Shield is a decent footballer, seems well respected at glenferrie. But nowhere near the quality of stars Hodge Lewis Mitchell before him.
But can play a role and play all over the ground to suit the team.

I think the problem with Shiels and Ross is they aren't like for like replacements to multuple premiership and brownlow winning stars
Its the letdown

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Limited minutes you would think.

Don’t want to run him into the ground. It’s quite a ‘hard surface ground’ which from my own experience wouldn’t help a hip issue. Even being on a plane. Sitting for many hours isn’t fun.

Go Lamblett…

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Happy with his exclusion. They've had a good look.
Ditto.

A better game last week to be fair, but just doesn’t impact or influence things that much. Just static-like uncontested possessions.

Not expecting him to be a game turner, but just doesn’t have much of a noticeable impact throughout a game.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Leg speed or lack of is his undoing this week. MC has put its focus on speed.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
BOG in the 2s and not named as an emergency.
Suspect Ross gets 3 games of VFL, playing full time midfield. Lets see him build his form

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ross was definitely more blue collar in the 2s on the weekend. First hands on the ball stuff. Would have led all-comers I'd say. It was the kind of game his fans say he should be given the chance to play at the top level. But he's not dynamic, that's my problem. Grinder. And he got run down because he persists with this delusion that he has time. Still, a good showing.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Ross was definitely more blue collar in the 2s on the weekend. First hands on the ball stuff. Would have led all-comers I'd say. It was the kind of game his fans say he should be given the chance to play at the top level. But he's not dynamic, that's my problem. Grinder. And he got run down because he persists with this delusion that he has time. Still, a good showing.
Hopefully in the VFL he gets run down a lot. To the point he adapts. And grows.
We have explosion and dynamics in our youth. But first hand on ball stuff is crucial too. Lets see how he grows

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Looked more like an AFL footballer than he ever has. The switch from pre-game shrooms to nootropics is working.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
thought he was good. some of his movement through traffic was strong