Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I actually thought he played a good game. Couple of missed kicks but overall he went at 73.7% DE.
2 turnovers/ 3 clangers, 7 intercepts, 5 score involvements, 19 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 I50s, 3 R50s

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He's still only 21. Lots of time, will be on the list next year.

He'll be a hundred game player at least.

he looked like a 100 game GCS player last night.

and I mean that in the nicest possible way :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Notably between the ears. Only overcooked it once or twice instead of every time.
Got the ball on the move a lot and it was quick decisions. But a couple of times, he actually thought his way through traffic.

Best game in a very long time. Big step forward.

Reactions: 10 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Got the ball on the move a lot and it was quick decisions. But a couple of times, he actually thought his way through traffic.

Best game in a very long time. Big step forward.
The work on traffic was the most pleasing aspect.

Reactions: 4 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Great game by Jack. He has enormous potential, just have to stick with him.
Into the future he will be an important cog as midfield depth.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought he was good overall particularly in the 1st half but probably 3 or 4 simple disposal stuff-ups under no pressure. Have seen better games but seems to be getting the confidence to take the game on a bit more which is great. Didn't think Dons defensive pressure was great though.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He is a very solid footballer in the contest. That’s his position. Not on a wing.

Agree, wing is not his best position.

Inside mid is where he should be.

I certainly have qualms about Ross. Not convinced he will make it. But, last night was a good game and he is only 21 as Ant pointed out. He needs to improve, he needs to get more consistent, but last night showed he potentially can get to the level you need to be to play as a mid in the AFL.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Disposal can be a bit dodgy at times, but isn't too bad overall. Has good clean hands which is a good trait to have, and looks to be a Richmond man.

Inside mid for mine.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone think Jack could be our solution if Lambo retires at the end of the year. We play with 3 midfielders that run hard both ways, Lambo, Prestia and Graham. We have the clearance focus in Cotch, and then we have the cream / attacking mids in the likes of Bolton and Edwards.

Jack could replace Lambo in that role IMO. He showed it at times last night I think.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Two words - Composure and confidence.

He's now starting to believe he's an AFL footballer.

Reckon a pretty big level up is going to occur in the next 6 month.

Reactions: 10 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Two words - Composure and confidence.

He's now starting to believe he's an AFL footballer.

Reckon a pretty big level up is going to occur in the next 6 month.
Confidence
I've said it a bit, with Confidence he'll move faster and be more involved.
Took his chance which was good to see

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Ross has definitely gone past RCD he’d be first selected to replace any midfielder that’s injured
Ross has been consistently picked before RCD since they were drafted.
Except maybe middle of last season.

Its not a race between those 2 tho, long-term both will play. And both stay on the list for next year

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Disposal can be a bit dodgy at times, but isn't too bad overall. Has good clean hands which is a good trait to have, and looks to be a Richmond man.

Inside mid for mine.
Yep that the key issue to be fixed. His kicking. Some go 50m up 40 long. Wobbly kicks, lack penetration.... although there was one super pass in the 2nd half. That was not an issue in his first year... his kicking looked good. Fix the kicking and we have a very good mid.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I don’t think he can level up

But

Fair is fair. Had a good game against the Dons.