Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
We all have expected a lot from Ross right from the time we played him in his first season at the club. The MC and coaches have moved him around in all manner of positions and roles and it is now they have given him a more settled role is he starting to show his true potential. Don't expect another Cotchin or Prestia but he will turn out a fine and dependable mid as his career progresses

Reactions: 2 users

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
We all have expected a lot from Ross right from the time we played him in his first season at the club. The MC and coaches have moved him around in all manner of positions and roles and it is now they have given him a more settled role is he starting to show his true potential. Don't expect another Cotchin or Prestia but he will turn out a fine and dependable mid as his career progresses
Hopefully with us. After these years his contract status concerns me.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
A very good game by Jack, but if Dusty and Jack Graham are available it is hard to see how a like, like JR holds his selection.
Ross was 2nd in the coaches votes on the weekend with 5, which is more than Graham has polled all year (3).

If Dusty & Graham are available I think we'll only have room for one, and Graham's form this year hasn't been good enough to be an automatic in.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

TIGER CUB PRIMED FOR EXTENSION

RICHMOND is set to reward youngster Jack Ross with a fresh two-year deal.

It's understood Ross is headed towards an extension with the Tigers after a strong finish to the season, which culminated in a decisive performance against Essendon on Saturday night.

Ross had 21 disposals and 14 score involvements, along with one goal and two goal assists, to put the 21-year-old right in the frame to retain his place ahead of next Thursday's elimination final against Brisbane.

The big-bodied midfielder, who was recruited to the club with pick No.43 four years ago, was coming towards the end of his contract with Richmond but a deal to secure his future until at least 2024 is now considered imminent.

From Riley Beveridge AFL site

Reactions: 6 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

TIGER CUB PRIMED FOR EXTENSION

RICHMOND is set to reward youngster Jack Ross with a fresh two-year deal.

It's understood Ross is headed towards an extension with the Tigers after a strong finish to the season, which culminated in a decisive performance against Essendon on Saturday night.

Ross had 21 disposals and 14 score involvements, along with one goal and two goal assists, to put the 21-year-old right in the frame to retain his place ahead of next Thursday's elimination final against Brisbane.

The big-bodied midfielder, who was recruited to the club with pick No.43 four years ago, was coming towards the end of his contract with Richmond but a deal to secure his future until at least 2024 is now considered imminent.

From Riley Beveridge AFL site
Really happy about this news.

What’s happening with Shai???

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ross was 2nd in the coaches votes on the weekend with 5, which is more than Graham has polled all year (3).

If Dusty & Graham are available I think we'll only have room for one, and Graham's form this year hasn't been good enough to be an automatic in.

Speak this truth brother. Love Jackie G but he's gotta wait his turn now.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Hard work is paying off for Jack and assuming the reports are true about resigning for another two years he will continue to grow into a fine and strong mid

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Graham looking unlikely so Ross looks like he will get his chance in a final.
Good luck to the kid. He’s looking more and more like an AFL player to me

Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Still have doubts on him making the grade , however wrapt a young man like JR has earnt himself a well deserved extension