Jason McCartney playing this week! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jason McCartney playing this week!

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
Heard on Talking Footy tonight and also on Sport 927 club corner that the kangaroos are to hold a press conference tomorrow morning (Tuesday) to announce that Jason McCartney will be playing his first senior game since the Bali tragedy this week against Richmond. While I wish Jason all the best in his comeback - did he have to do it this week, we dont need that kind of emotion raised against us. :-\ We had the emotion last year with Mick Martin wearing his dying father's number, do they have to do it to us again! Arrghh!! Oh well, here's hoping the result will be different this time. Go Tiges!!!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm getting sick of all the mind games in footy. I'd prefer the team to do the talking on the field.

I'm at the stage I have little faith with who club's say will be playing or not until the team is announced half an hour or so before a game.

I'm not into mindgames and as we know they can make you look pretty stupid when they backfire.

If Jason McCartney returning to AFL costs Richmond a game I think that would be a pretty poor effort on our behalf.

I'm sick of things like Mr Martyn dying or cavalcades or pompom girls, or wearing white shorts, or opposition milestones even being mentioned in relation to Richmond's performance.

They are a professional team, and if they can't overcome other teams emotion or turn it to Richmond's advantage somehow they don't deserve to be up there anyway.

This is a game the Richmond Football Team need to regroup for and win.

There should be no excuses.

Go Tiges.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Forgot to add that I wish Jason all the best if he plays.

He's an inspiration.

Even though it's hard to believe there is more to life than football sometimes things like what Jason has been through serve to remind us footy is only a game.

A game we better bloody well win on Friday night though. :rollin

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
If he does play, it should be a celebration of all football supporters that a fellow Australian, nearly killed in a terrorist incident can come get back and play.

And his return should be played live into the cells of the guys on trial for the bombing with a great big "*smile* you, you piece of *smile* terror merchants. You want terror, try and run in a straight line to a football with Glenn Archer coming the other way..."

Good luck Jason.

But in all seriousness, the guy was all but delisted by the Kangas last year because he was washed up. I wouldn't think that he has improved much since then. If he does play, plonk Royce Vardy on him and take him out of the game.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Hard to quantify what sort of impact this will have on the roo's performance come friday..but my guess is that it will be negligible.

I'm more concerned about how danny and the players will turn around what was a poor performance on the weekend, McCartney's possible return is a distraction, nothing more .

Go tigers.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
North coaching have done this for a reason they decided to pick the mark and would have penciled the tigers in as the one all along........It's time the tigers responded to this sort of think..this will decide if they make they 8

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
i am hoping that all the hype will be a bigger distraction for the Roos than the Tigers. it is all about focus and we should not worry about the oppositions focus.

Get on with it Tiges instead of worry about the opposition to much.