Round 10 votes vs Sydney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 10 votes vs Sydney

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Results of round 9

Johnson-45
Richardson-29
Vardy-20
Tivendale-18
Fiora-2

Progressive results after round 9
Coughlan-239
Johnson-177
Campbell-141
Richardson-129
Tivendale-98
Stafford-84
Chaffey-73
Krakouer-58
Bowden-53
Cameron-47
Rodan-45
Newman-42
Gaspar-40
A.Kellaway-36
Vardy-20
Hall-8
Houlihan-6
Hilton-5
Zantuck-2
Fiora-2

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Despite Stafford's superiority in the ruck we got killed at ground level and our players were tagged out of the game by a more determined Sydney. A lesson to Johnson and Coughlan - its one thing to get 25 possies a game, its another thing to get them when being tagged. (Both might have been carrying injuries into the game, and so I shouldn't be too harsh on them.) The votes...

3. Stafford - Dominated in the ruck and gave us first use of the ball. But had to be rested up forward when we needed him the most in the last quarter.

2. Bowden - Did a few bad things, but all up used the ball pretty well for a change.

1. Gaspar - Big bad bustlin' is Gaspar's *smile*

Some mentions:

Chaffey - Knows what to do in the backline

Zantuck - A pretty good effort

Tivendale - Glad he is contributing even when we lose

Krakouer - Great tackler and some great co-ordination. If he can put on some muscle could be a very good player.

Some dishounorable mentions:

Hilton - Showed some grit early but did bugger all after half time. Time for a trip to the burg.

Richardson - What a marvellous talent, but the mentality of a two year old. Gives away silly free kicks and lets the team down with dodgy kicking.

Fiora - Another dissapointing game by our gun hack.

Johnson - Maybe he was injured so i'll forgive him.

Rodan, Cameron, Rogers - Just don't do enough

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
3-Consistant, courageous ever reliable Chaffey
2 Stafford
1-AK

Special mentions to Gas, Newman and Zantuck.

What a backline, I wish the rest of the team were as consistant.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
JohnF said:
Richardson - What a marvellous talent, but the mentality of a two year old. Gives away silly free kicks and lets the team down with dodgy kicking.
Hey John you weren't the guy I heard saying "Richo great athete but no brain. If the guy had the mental capacity of a pre-schooler he'd be dangerous" :rollin

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LOL, na it wasn't me TigersGoddess, but it sure sounds like that bloke knows what he's talking about. Its jsut so costly when he gives away free kicks and puts the footy out on the full. FUCKKK!!!!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
3. Stafford - By far our best
2. Newman - never wastes a possession
1. Andy Kellaway - Solid

I thought Chaffey got alot of the ball but turned it over alot - unlike him

-1. Vardy - back to Vardy of old tonight
-2. Cameron - was nowhere to be seen
-3. Hilton - really really struggling - needs to join Pettifer at coburg.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
John F, can't been half as costly as the King handball to Cameron under pressure resulting in Cameron getting caught and a Swans goal.

Thought ZANTUCK showed signed of his form last year, but absolutely disgusted to lose to that bunch of rejects.

Who the hells is the kicking coach down there. The game should have been out of there reach by 3/4 time.

And who is the forward coach........saw one instance where Johnson lead and a quick pass from the kicker (hilton) would have meant a mark 15-20 out but by the time he decided to actually kick it to him he was about 45 out.

This was a very crucial loss for our season given we have a couple of road trip coming up.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
3. Stafford
2. Newman - Why does the club waste draft picks on hacks like Fleming, Nichols, Hudson etc when you've got kids in the draft at pick 50+ like Newman???
1. AK

Apologies to Bowden and *smile*

-3. Cameron - Did nothing
-2. Johnson - Settling in nicely, big game and went missing.
-1. Fiora - Still not doing enough.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
3. Stafford
2. Zantuck
1. Chaffey

I think Richo was really rattled by that collision with Maxfield and wrecked his confidence for the match. I don't know why a lot of people bag King (who did alright compared to a lot of other people last nite), Fiora and Rogers when every week Joel Bowden persists in blatant errors and everyone sings his praises.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
3 - Stafford
2 - Andy Kellaway
1 - Chaffey (would have got the 3 but for some shoking disposal at times - hey but at tleast he got the bloody thing)

Just want to add a special mention to ....
Matt Rogers - did his job again and he unlike many others did manange to hit Richo on the chest with a precision pass ;)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
3. Chaffey
2. Bowden
1. Zantuck

I would have given Stafford a vote except a few times he tapped it straight down the throat of a swans player :-\. Must have been a force of habit ;).

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
JohnF said:

When he didn't do his routine he stuffed up his kick. When he did it his kicking was fine. Someone should have ran to him and told him so after the first time he didn't do his routine.

Can someone explain to me why BBBBH was given only a warning while Richo was punished for exactly the same thing ???

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Big bad bustling Barry Hack should have been penalised as well.

About Richo, the bloke says he wants to captain, he'll never be a good leader so long as he continues to do undisciplined things. Imagine having your captain dragged every second week, LOL!

The bloke is nearing 30, and he still needs to be told to go back and go through a routine to have a shot at goal.
Seriously, how can someone so good be so bad. Quite a contradiction is our Richo!

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Problem was it took until he was nearly 30 for someone to organize a proper routine for him. I don't care if Richo remembers or someone else remembers for him as long as he always does it.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
mightytiges said:
Can someone explain to me why BBBBH was given only a warning while Richo was punished for exactly the same thing ???

Me thinks it is because No.s 10,11 & 12 for the white team were a bit scared of big Barry -especially No 10 who was the culprit in the incident you speak of ;)

Personally I was more confused by Krak (I think) being held by the jumper in a marking contest (and don't those jumpers stretch along way) and No. 11 for the white team waving his arms singing "play on". :-\

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
3. Stafford - can hold his head high
2. Zantuck - did a lot of hard work and deserved that goal
1. Newman - good to see the young brigade showing the way

Special mentions:

Andrew Krakouer - there's a lot to look forward to here
Joel Bowden - he did some things that surprised me and then some things that didn't, but he was in there trying at least
The back half - If not for their efforts, it could have been uglier a lot earlier

All in all, one of our worst team efforts for the year. :'(

No one led the way and any good work done by too few was generally wasted.