John Howard's Apathy towards the AFL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

John Howard's Apathy towards the AFL

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
its strike 3 Ozserpico, I dont support the labour party either.....as for your talk about democracy...well I am all for it....So why is it that the U.S.has spent so much time overthrowing democratically elected governments.

You mention Iran, do you know why there is no democracy in Iran. In the 50's America overtrhew Prime minister Mosadeq and installed the Shah as dictator , though he prefered to call himself a Monarch. Mosadeq had wanted Iran to own and control its own oil. Sounds pretty democratic to me....It did to the oil companies too and so the US sponsored coup set about the slaughter of tens and tens of thousands and installed a compliant regime, that did their bidding. This ultimately led to such anti US sentiment that was exploited by the Mullahs and you end up with Fundamentalist Islamic reaction in power.

Sadly we only support democracy when it will get rid of some dictatorship that we dont want and we install dictatorships to get rid of democracies we dont want.
We have no problem overthrowing the demoratically elected government in Chile and killing tens of thousands....No problem in reneging on the right of the Vietnamese to hold elections ...heck no , they were going to vote for Ho chi min. No problem supporting Pol Pot.....No problem in letting Israel bulldoze palestinian homes and move their own people in. No problem supporting Hussein and supplying the gas to kill tens of thousands of Iranians , Kurds and Sheites.

I have not even touched the surface....But the point I am trying to make is that if yousupport justice and human rights then support it.......dont mame murder and devastate for your own ends.

Ps....Why so you think it is the US that has vetoed the formation of an international war crimes tribunal?

Dan Warna

I drink therefore I yam said the alcoholic spud
Aug 8, 2003
In defence of the US, many of their citizens are wonderful humanitarian people, in fact while the US govt gives the least per capita in humanitarian aid, its population gives i think the second MOST in individual charity, and corporate charity, which is something unusual for aus and brit corps/individuals.

in fact individual philanthropy is a highly valued perception of individuals. Bill gates (of whom I would say is a villanious business man!) is one of the most generious individuals with charity that is unlinked to microsoft products, giving 100 millions in programs to facilitate the use of water, farming, education etc in 3rd world countries.

that said the military and oil industries are prob the most corrupt in the world and surpass in villainy the russian and french oil industries for murder, mayhem, corruption etc.

its interesting that the US is now protecting the saudi and kuwaiti dictatorships and will NEVER allow power to be transferred to a democratically elected government.

concur about allende, who threatened to tax US farming coys and bring in labour laws to prevent SLAVERY and indentured labour when the US govt moved in

also they supporter Marcos, the muhajdinn etc when it suited them to do so.

the US has also vetoed resolutions on illegal imprisonment, child labour, torture, chemical weapons, biological weapons, its interesting that in the past 22 years the US has vetoes more resolutions that the other permanent security council members combined.
its also interesting how the PM was saying how we supported the brits in their wars, no mention of the fact they helped SUPRESS democracy and freedom fighters throughout SE asia, africa, india etc.

People like mandela, gandhi, etc were considered terrorists, and while I abhor Mugabe, its interesting that for the most part the western world stood by and ignored the terrible things done to the zimbabwean indiginous africans when it was rhodesia, by the white slave masters.

I'll get off my hobby horse now and put the soap box away.

cheers

Dan

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
WOW! in fact: DOUBLE WOW!

Perhaps we should rename this site :

PRE, The World In Focus

or has that been done before?​

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
It is fantastic to see people sharing their political views and information :)

If we value democracy, then this is what it's about. Now more than ever people need to remain informed, and share information, especially as much info is likely to be censored in the media.

Here's a couple of websites people might be interested in:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/

http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/index.cfm
(Noam Chomsky Archive: OX directed me to this one)

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Omarkum said:

Sadly we only support democracy when it will get rid of some dictatorship that we dont want and we install dictatorships to get rid of democracies we dont want.

very profound omarkum & sadly so true.

ozserpico66

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bulleen
Here's a couple of websites people might be interested in:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/

http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/index.cfm
(Noam Chomsky Archive: OX directed me to this one)

Hey I'll admit I am no expert on world affairs but it seems to me that it is so easy to be Anti-American these days. I trhink that on balance there is as much good that omes out of the USA as their is bad. As a super power they will naturally be hated.

As for Michael Moore please dont start me on him. For every website that tells you what a great guy he is there is another that will tell you he is a fraud.

Here are some examples ;D

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/
http://www.spinsanity.org/columns/20031016.html
http://www.moorewatch.com/index.php
http://www.spinsanity.org/features/moore-dude.html

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic

As for Michael Moore please dont start me on him. For every website that tells you what a great guy he is there is another that will tell you he is a fraud.

Thanks for the links ozser. Good to have a counter argument. Can't say that I found much to really discredit Moore though. Will read further.

Ta again,

Lefty ;) ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Dan Warna said:
.. well gore got more votes than bush, and subsequent counts showed that gore won florida

From the hidden messages in names department.

Rearrange the letters to find the secreat.

GEORGE BUSH = HE BUGS GORE

And on the presidential theme

PRESIDENT CLINTON OF THE USA = TO COPULATE HE FINDS INTERNS

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Dear Oser and Dan, I am Anti the American regime....not its people . I am that because on a global scale there is no one that talks more about , justice , democracy, freedom , and does more to oppose and destroy those very concepts than they do.....and they do while telling you they have " God on our side ". Violently and by other means (usually economic blackmail , sanctions and as Dan put it, their incredible record of immoral Veto at the U.N.) ....they have oppossed the forces of liberal justice and social progress in the third world. Instead of actually championing the third world they have sought to enslave it. In so doing they have given legitimacy to the fundamentalist's......who can say..."look ant what the great satan is doing" and on that score , they are right.

The U.S. is drunk with hypocracy and power ..it demands the unbridled leadership of the Western world in OUR domination (read rape) of the world's resources......As they have said and made clear ..." You are either with us or against us".

Australia seeks to share at the master's table and we grovel along and do their bidding...Labour and Liberal..
When France bombed the " Rainbow warrior " , we joined them in withholding that information from (No Nuclear Ships ) New Zealand. That will teach those kiwis.
We then aided the terrorist's by handing the bomber's back to the French. And that's just what we do to white people!

A lot of the time Anti americanism is just a way of avoiding the need to face the enemies of justice here at home.

Best regards to you all

RFC4eva

Tiger Rookie
Oct 15, 2003
Vic
Great Post Omarkum.
I think anti-americanism is often misunderstood. It is not directed toward American people, but rather the US regime and their oppressive policies. Ask the people of Sudan, who had their pharmacutical factory bombed, and are unable to obtain basic medicines due to trade sanctions. (Clinton admin.)

Personally I wish we had a leader more like NZ's, as they show that they won't be presured into the US's global bulling tactics.

I am sure that American people have a diversity of opinions, just like we do, and, therefore, I'm sure many of them are equally critical of US government policies and actions.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I dislike little Johnny with a passion.

As to to his apathy, well I reckon most Australians in general are apathetic.

And what am I going to about this apathy, nothing because I don't give a stuff :D ;D