Josh Dunkley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Dunkley

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Will be interesting if he nominated for the draft rather than father/son. He sounds like what we need already big bodied fairly neat inside mid/defender. And we've already had a good look at him. Is he worth pick 12?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
In the media it sounds like he won't nominate f/s .....IMHO he could be a good player, however I'd say his more a second rounder then a pick 12 of the small amount I've seen him

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Vlossy said:
Looks like he will nominate Swans now

That's good for us. From what I hear from people who watch the young kids closely he is pretty ordinary. Particularly his kicking.

Not what we need at all.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good amark, contests well, but limited in other aspects from what I saw in the VFL.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Ridley said:
That's good for us. From what I hear from people who watch the young kids closely he is pretty ordinary. Particularly his kicking.

Not what we need at all.

It is very handy for us. There are too many mids around the 12-25 mark that are damaging by foot that we need to target.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Because he is elidgable for F/S and not nominating Sydney, can we bid our pick 51 an get him to Punt Rd ? Assuming nobody else bids on him ? . It's more the point that if a club I.e Sydney are not prepared to match offer, does a kid automaticly go to the club who bid before the draft

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
CC TIGER said:
Because he is elidgable for F/S and not nominating Sydney, can we bid our pick 51 an get him to Punt Rd ? Assuming nobody else bids on him ? . It's more the point that if a club I.e Sydney are not prepared to match offer, does a kid automaticly go to the club who bid before the draft
If he doesn't nominate for father / son he just goes into the draft CC. No bids, nothing, he just hopes a Melb based club will pick him rather than an interstater.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TigerMasochist said:
If he doesn't nominate for father / son he just goes into the draft CC. No bids, nothing, he just hopes a Melb based club will pick him rather than an interstater.
Thanks TM

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Gus said:
I'd be very surprised, why are you thinking that way?
He spent quite a bit of time at Punt Rd this year and has not taken the father/son route with the Swans. He has also said publicly how much he has loved being at Punt Rd and how accepting the guys were and how he has made some friendships, And of course he has played a few VFL games for the twos. Very close relationship.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The Mole said:
I have this horrible feeling that we will select Dunkley at 12.

If so, questions need to be asked. Every so called expert has him going after pick 25.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
I'm not sure we would have fought so hard to retain pick 12 if we intended to use it on Dunkley. He'd be available at 19 and quite possibly at our original 2nd pick (#31).

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Article in the paper today says we've told him we won't take at 12 but would otherwise like him. We also said we don't expect him to be around at 50. Swans are unlikely to have the points to take him and Mills, so may go to Carlton at 19.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He should have asked FJ , If i run a bad 20mt and a low 10 in the beep deliberately - Will you still take me with the later picks

Nod Nod Wink Wink - Say no more