Just arrived in town............... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Just arrived in town...............

sal paradise

Tiger Cub
Jan 28, 2005
Greetings comradeos,

Man them Mexicano's can GO!.
So what's the jump? - What does THIS year promise AND do the new Tigers know TIME.
I want to sing - I want the anthem that IS tigerland to pull me out of my shoes - EVERY week.
Blow.................yes that IS my bag.....yes.......

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
As Lil Ley would say - c'mon, Tig, get with it!

Everyone knows the man said . . . er . . . um, and further more . . . I know Yellow and Black was in it somewhere - what was the question again?

HellsTiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 15, 2004
Is it just me or do others fell like Spud in the coaches box at the footy after reading this. :shrug

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
HellsTiger said:
Is it just me or do others fell like Spud in the coaches box at the footy after reading this. :shrug

HT if thats what was going through Frawleys mind then its no wonder the players had no idea what the hell they were meant to do. :)

Skills

Tiger Champion
Apr 19, 2004
Inner City
sal paradise said:
Greetings comradeos,

So what's the jump? - What does THIS year promise AND do the new Tigers know TIME.
I want to sing - I want the anthem that IS tigerland to pull me out of my shoes - EVERY week.

Hey Sal Paradise...Did you ever get on 927 one Monday night in the late nighties and release a song we all thought would topple... "Oh We're from Tigerland"?
From memory it went..."Come-on the Tiger, Come-on the Tiger, Come-on the Tiger with the Yellow & Black"

Here's a song you should every time we win this year..."O'lay, O'lay, O'lay, O'lay, ...feeling hot, hot, hot" ;D

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
sal paradise said:

Im lost here as well. However could TIME be an anagram for:
Trust Is My Enemy
Tigers Illicit Much Enjoyment

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
sal paradise said:
Greetings comradeos,

After further consideraton, Man those Mexican'os can go..... perhaps a crook pizza?

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
ToO, that emoticon of yours is truly hypnotic. After staring at it continually for 10 minutes I feel I understand 'sal paradise' more clearly now. [just wish the room would stay still!]

As for the originator of this thread:

sal paradise said:
Greetings comradeos,

From his opening line it is clear that 'sal' is of the left persuasion.

The reference to 'Mexicanos' hints at a Queensland origin. They, Queenslanders refer, to everyone south of the Q border as 'Mexicans' - a quaint Q custom only matched by their penchant for using 'but' to indicate the end of a sentence, which this poster has cleverly avoided doing, so as to throw us off the scent.

'So what's the jump?' could be a modernism for 'what's the go?' or 'what's the news/good oil/buzz?'

'What does this year promise', is fairly straight forward but thereference to 'TIME' is unclear. Perhaps Michael's suggestion of an anagram.

'I want to sing', clearly a happy soul, see also. 'I want this anthem that IS tigerland', probably a Tiger supporter who wants to sing the club song [i.e. wants Tiger victories so as to sing song].

'pull me out of my shoes', wants to kick his/her shoes off to dance around while singing club song.

'EVERY week', wants to kick shoes off and dance around singing club song every week [read: every week of footy season]. In PRE lingo: hopes we have a good year 2005.

'Blow, etc', for some reason words like 'bong' come to mind and, here, I think caution should prevail else the narcotics squad might appear on the scene.

In summing up, one of our northern cousins, who possibly votes Labor, wants to know how we are going to go this year. Will 'sal' have many opportunities to kick off the old thongs and dance about chanting 'Yellow & Black' in 2005? This will surely 'blow' his/her mind.

Of course, on the other hand, it might just be gibberish. ;)

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Just remember guys
"Everything starts with an E"

And yes I am just as confused about this thread.....too many disco biscuits me thinks!!!! :cutelaugh