Just watch First Quarter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Just watch First Quarter

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
Probably THE best quarter I've seen the Tigers play in a long time.

We are drilling kicks down teammates throats, getting open to receive those kicks, midfielders are running into the 50 unapposed to kick goals. Fantastic football, very entertaining to watch. We've scored 40 odd points in one quarter. Pretty good considering we could hardly score 100 at all last year.

We need to get a decent lead before we lose our legs late in the game, due to the hard game last week.

GO TIGERS!!

I'm loving this

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Agree anti.....that was very Northey-esque footy in the first quarter.....the run off the half back line, the long direct kicks etc.

People can say we've only defeated the dogs and saints and freo away etc, but I see a power of improvement in our team compared with the 2001 version.

The midfield is looking good, plenty of options to confuse the opposition. A lot faster and a lot tougher.

I'd take Kane Johnson over the top couple of draft picks. He's great for our other young kids such as Rodan and Cogs etc developement.

Fleming didn't do a lot, but I love him. Makes a contest out of any ball that he goes near.

Might be time for the Houla knockers to acknowledge he has something to offer. ;D

Pettifer=Coburg.

Onya Tiges......Bring on the Hawks. :D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Geezuz now I know why Frawley hs so many gray hairs that last quarter was shocking. Thank God they kept missing otherwise they would have won. Umpy's didn't help though. Good to see after the match when Coug's was being interviewed he said that he loved playing for richmond dunno how much he'll love us if freo or west coast offer him big bucks when his contracts up.

how was the atmosphere at the game for those who went? Being the wonderful big cousin I am I offered to take my little cousin to the game, but she's not a member so we had to buy her a ticket... we were still outside the ground in line waiting at quarter time when they finally announced no more general admission that's twice I've gone to the ground and not been able to see the game this year rd 1 and today. Couldn't go to the game against the doggies. Been to one game really so far. NOT HAPPY JAN :mad:

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I didn't get to the game....fancy the cheek of rellies coming to stay in footy season, ha. ;D
What was the crowd? They were saying on the radio how disappointed the Saints would be with the crowds.
Docklands is a joke if people can't get in on general admittance when there looked to be plenty of empty seats on telly.

P.S. I won a counter tea on the game. Thanks for holding on Tiges, the last quarter must have been a bit hard and now only a short break to the Hawks game.
Go Tiges.

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
The crowd was really really good. It was in the high 30's, early 40's..

Just by looking on TV, all the stands were packed full..

CrouchinTiger

"May the Funk be with you" George Clinton
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Atmosphere was fantastic. I was sitting behind the tiger army and boy were they in full voice all day. Took a couple of English mates who had never been to a game and adopted the tigers due to the T.V ads but they loved the singing and I must agree our supporters sing are starting to sing much like english soccer, which is fantastic and as always at the end of the third quarter the usual tiger army chant had em up in their seats. ;D

Crowd was maybe 60/40 richmond if not 70/30. ;)

Sorry to all those who couldn't get in. I arrived at 1:15pm and by chance got in when they opened a booth.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
Good to see after the match when Coug's was being interviewed he said that he loved playing for richmond

I saw his interview and my first impression was that his comments about loving to play for the Tiges was a great positive sign for the team. He played a champion game and will be a big future for our boys. It's gotta be good that he said those words unprovoked to the TV. The players must be generating a special feeling amongst themselves. This is one big step in what it's all about.

Did anyone hear Tony Jewell's interview on ABC Radio before the game. They reminesced with him about 1980 etc. wich was good and funny with some of his stories, but they also asked him about his opinion about the RFC today. His main message was "patience", because as he said we've tried everything else over the last 20 odd years, so some patience to allow this new administration to do their thing. Yeah I want to get carried away with the last 3 weeks but let's wait and see (again) and even if we don't always win as long as the boys show some promise and that they're going forward I'll be happy. Then I think I'll most likely be able to show some patience.

Anyway great win Tiges and great signs from Cog's i/v

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
TigersGoddess said:
Good to see after the match when Coug's was being interviewed he said that he loved playing for richmond dunno how much he'll love us if freo or west coast offer him big bucks when his contracts up.

I know they're the things we worry about with interstate players. It's bad enough just thinking about it and I know I'd be more than just devastated.

But I'm sure it's nothing we'll have to worry about if we look after our players properly. It's up to the Club to make players feel like this is their home away from home. If playing footy, being with their mates and feeling like they belong at a Club is what matters to players then money doesn't have to come into it. I think players are pretty well looked after in that regard anyway.

So if players want to go for the money, good luck to them, but if that's what's important to them, then perhaps they are playing the game for the wrong reasons and we don't need those sorts of players at our Club, whoever they might be.

For what it's worth, I genuinely believe that Mark enjoys being at Richmond. You can just see from the way he plays and goes about his footy that he's loving it. He said in an article I read last season that if he was going to get the opportunity to play his style of game anywhere then it was going to be at Richmond. And I really believe that he has taken up the challenge to get our midfield up and running.

More power to him.