Justice? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Justice?

I agree Liverpool, he should have been provided with an appropriate diet right from the start of his incarceration. Then we wouldn't have this problem.

Johnno_84 said:
Unfortunately ladies and gentlemen due to the large amount of errors made through the court systems (the lack of technology mainly to blame) by the generations before us penalties have decreased to the point where it is becoming almost laughable at the amount of time heinus crime committers are spending behind bars.

First it was a must to get rid of Capital Punishment due to the vast array of people who were dying for crimes they didnt commit.... Then life in jail turned into 25 years in jail, and now 25 years in jail is 12 with parole after 7....

The world as we knew it is no longer and its nigh on its completion, try not to worry about things out of your grasp and live your life to the fullest....

So... bring back capital punishment, Johnno?

jb03 said:
If I get locked up I'm gonna request/list pizza and KFC as a dietary requirement.

that would constitute self harm; they won't let u do it JB.

lefty said:
I agree Liverpool, he should have been provided with an appropriate diet right from the start of his incarceration. Then we wouldn't have this problem.

We have this problem because we attempt to treat prisoners like hotel guests.

Bread and water isn't against the Islamic religion, and it is also an appropriate diet for all prisoners....and that should be the only diet these people get to have.
It stops special dietary requirements, stops in discrimination, and cuts costs on food and drinks.....which could be spent on food and drinks for law-abiding citizens who struggle to raise kids or live on the streets.

Hotel guests?

Geeze I'd be ringing room service and organising a hire car. i wonder if I left my shoes outside my cell door whether they'd clean them?

Get real buddy!

lefty said:
Hotel guests?

Geeze I'd be ringing room service and organising a hire car. i wonder if I left my shoes outside my cell door whether they'd clean them?

Get real buddy!

Yep, a hotel....a country club....whatever you'd like to call it.

Any place that has internet, TV, a chance to do a degree, special dietary requirement meals, and golf lessons:

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/hansard/hans35.nsf/(ATT)/5F1B8F8DF5898BE148256D86002F5639/$file/A36+S2+20030814+p10029d-10030a.pdf

.....to me, isn't a prison.

Its not me who should get real, but the people who allow such luxuries to be provided to prisoners who are in prison for a reason.

Liverpool, yr beef should be with the system then, not the inmates.
(unless of course it's halal beef....)

lefty said:

Or kobi beef, they shot at us too

lefty said:

Of course its with the bloody system! ::)

Inmates are just using and exploiting ridiculous rules and laws, made by pathetic civil-libertarian lawyers and the like.

Liverpool said:
lefty said:

Inmates are just using and exploiting ridiculous rules and laws, made by pathetic civil-libertarian lawyers and the like.

yeah i bet they just arrived here from overseas and thought, here's a lurk, let's get locked up so that we get free tv and halal food!

lefty said:
Liverpool said:
lefty said:

yeah i bet they just arrived here from overseas and thought, here's a lurk, let's get locked up so that we get free tv and halal food!

The ones you're describing sound like "detention centres"
....but you're getting close! ;)

lefty said:
Liverpool said:
lefty said:

Not to mention all the playmates you get to spend quality time with.
Learn new trades
Make new Friends

The long road to justice:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/the-long-road-to-justice/2007/02/13/1171128974869.html

The long road to justice
Penelope Debelle
February 14, 2007

IN 1942, Jan O'Herne's nightmare began. She was captured by the Japanese and interned in central Java with her mother and two younger sisters. Her father was sent to a separate prisoner-of-war camp. For the next two years, the Dutch family and fellow prisoners suffered the deprivations of starvation and torture."

People were dying every day," she says. "It was appalling conditions."

But in 1944 the horror deepened when a truck full of high-ranking Japanese officers arrived at the camp and the young female prisoners were forced to line up. Jan O'Herne was 21."

A selection process then started and they picked the prettiest ones, 10 girls out of the line," she says. "We were hurled onto the truck and driven away from the camp, away from our mothers and families and taken to a house in Semarang, the capital of central Java, that was turned into a brothel for the Japanese military."

O'Herne was frightened and suspicious but belonged to a more innocent generation that was almost totally ignorant about sex. "I knew nothing about it," she says. "Our mothers never told us anything."

The first night of being repeatedly raped was so horrific she has never been able to forget. The girls were forced to sit in the dining room while the Japanese soldiers arrived. One by one they were dragged off, terrified, into bedrooms. She was chosen by a fat, high-ranking officer, armed with a samurai sword, who she tried to resist. She tried to make him understand she was there against her will, speaking to him in English, Indonesian, Dutch, then resorting to a pantomime that ended with a failed prayer for mercy.

(the story continues at the Age link)

Anduril said:
The long road to justice:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/the-long-road-to-justice/2007/02/13/1171128974869.html

It is too long to read Andy, was it John Howard's fault?