Justice? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Justice?

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
eight ace said:
I know it is a management issue, I assume management know more than you. If you are going to try to paraphrase me or attempt stupid word games, you should try to get it right. Otherwise, you just look foolish. In any event, nothing you have said has led me to believe my assumption is flawed.

Eightace,
I don't play games...I just find it hypocrictical some of the accusations you come out with, and then as a last resort, you come out with the old chestnust of name-calling...that to me, is looking foolish, as well as uneducated.
In any case, I'm not arguing whether its a management issue or not, and don't care whether you know it is or not.
But the "management" I think are wrong in offering rewards for criminals...thats MY opinion which I'm entitled to.
I don't think anyone needs a degree in prison management to work out that criminals, such as Milat, deserve nothing, and are in no position to bargain for anything either.
Rewarding someone like Milat, for not doing any harm to himself, is ridiculous.
Seeing that "you know" eightace, maybe you can enlighten us as to what purpose rewarding Milat would serve?

eight ace

I live a life of well fed idleness
Feb 24, 2004
Last resort? Hardly. Your little game was quite evident, by the way - and it was stupid and pointless. What have I said to you all along? I don't claim any expertise in managing a prison population. I am prepared to assume that expertise on the part of those who manage the system. Ask them what benefit it provided. I said I knew it was a management issue. Nothing else. Do you understand, or would you like me to repeat that point?

You do claim a level of expertise, through application of your "Aw Shucks Liverpool Brand of Common Sense (TM)" that you so often claim is a panacea to the worlds ills.

At no point did I deny you right to an opinion - far be it for me to do that. How does that saying go? Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
eight ace said:
I don't claim any expertise in managing a prison population.

And neither did I...I've said all along that I don't care whose fault it is...management, the justice system, wardens, the government, the devil himself.....I don't care!!!
But whoever it was who made the decision to start a "reward" type program for Milat, is wrong.
That was the opinion of a few people on this thread, and I agree with them.
It was YOU who decided to make this a "its not a criminal justice issue, its a management issue"....let you on a little secret: NO ONE CARES!!!!
We just want the people who decided to award prisoners luxuries for good behaviour, to stop...and treat the prisoners as the scumbags that they are, especially cretins like Milat.

And yes...I think that is common sense....maybe you should use it sometime! ;D

eight ace

I live a life of well fed idleness
Feb 24, 2004
Of course you don't care. You just don't think. Common sense is the first crap that spews out of your gob, presumably? Maintain the rage, sister. Ban those toasters.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
eight ace said:
Of course you don't care. You just don't think. Common sense is the first crap that spews out of your gob, presumably? Maintain the rage, sister. Ban those toasters.

No, ban the idiotic "management" from making such ridiculous decisions, would be better.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
eight ace said:
Maintain the rage, sister. Ban those toasters.

:rofl :rofl :rofl That's really hitting them with the heavy artillery. :hihi

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
I've been away overseas for a few weeks, but nothing has changed here. Still the few trying to assert their views on everyone, and those who don't agree are either maligned or ignored. I suppose that's why there are not too many 'newbies' coming here to post. It's like a 'stacked' Forum. Anyhow, having said that I would like to 'weigh-in' :) on the Milat 'thing'... and thing being the operative word. There is only regret that I have regarding Milat, and that is that we don't have the death penalty in this country. I would be only to happy to flick the switch, to exterminate this scumbag, then there would be no need to debate whether or not he should have a toaster. Wouldn't even be an issue.
Now I'm going to draw the bridge up from over the moat, batten down the hatches, ready for the onslaught from the good citizens of Fairyland. Oh btw... great match by our boys yesterday. Well worth coming home for. :)

Gazza68

The sleeping giant is waking from his slumber
Oct 23, 2004
Chelsea said:
I've been away overseas for a few weeks, but nothing has changed here. Still the few trying to assert their views on everyone, and those who don't agree are either maligned or ignored. I suppose that's why there are not too many 'newbies' coming here to post. It's like a 'stacked' Forum. Anyhow, having said that I would like to 'weigh-in' :) on the Milat 'thing'... and thing being the operative word. There is only regret that I have regarding Milat, and that is that we don't have the death penalty in this country. I would be only to happy to flick the switch, to exterminate this scumbag, then there would be no need to debate whether or not he should have a toaster. Wouldn't even be an issue.
Now I'm going to draw the bridge up from over the moat, batten down the hatches, ready for the onslaught from the good citizens of Fairyland. Oh btw... great match by our boys yesterday. Well worth coming home for. :)

I actually agree with you on this, when it comes to people like this that commit such hideous crimes thats the only thing they deserve.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
Well, the good citizens of Fairyland should be pleased that this murdering scumbag has been given back his toaster and tv. I just hope that he tries to retrieve his piece of toast with his fork, and I still wish we had the death penalty, as this creep doesn't deserve the air he breathes. Before all of you do-gooders try to bash me over the head about this, just think... would you be so compassionate towards scumbag Milat if it was one of your children or maybe your /wife/girlfriend/sister/brother... who met such a gruesome death at his hands? I wouldn't think so. The drawbridge is up, the hatches are battened down, and I'm ready. :hihi

LeighW

Tiger Matchwinner
May 10, 2004
Narre Warren
I am a sucker for mind screws so I feel we should just keep him in a room with no light, minimum food to sustain life and just enough room for a hessian sack to lie his scumbag head on. To me that is repaying his crime... give him the rest of his life wioth nothing but his scumbag thoughts to enjoy. This costs us less and doesnt give him the easy cop out of just ending his life. Either that or put him in a normal prison with a uniform letting his inmates know who he is and what he has done. Get the guards to turn the blind eye and playtime becomes fun for all.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
Just read in the paper that scumbag Milat is being featured in a documentary called "Born to Kill' which is being shown on Channel 7 on Wednesday night at 8.30pm. I guess the 'pro-Milaters' (do-gooders/citizens of Fairyland)....will get to see why their celebrity crim deserves his toaster/tv. Anyhow, after you've watched this doco, maybe you can come here and give me ONE good reason why this murdering creep deserves to even live, let alone receive privileges, in gaol........ and I'll give you SEVEN good reasons why he should have been exterminated.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Chelsea said:
give me ONE good reason why this murdering creep deserves to even live,

1-The law. Kind of defeats any other argument you can come up with.

Who are the pro-Milater's anyway? ::) Talk about fabricate things for the sake of a bit of attention. :rubhead

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
Rosy... yes unfortunately the law as we have it, does see Milat stay in prison, but where is the fabrication that you accuse me of? Fact is..... he is an unfeeling murderer. Fact is..... he was given a toaster/tv.... and from how I see it, anyone who stands up for this creep being given any privileges in prison, after what he has done, is in my eyes, a 'pro Milater'. While you don't agree with me, this is my opinion, which I think I am entitled to have here.... although sometimes I wonder. I'm disappointed that people can even think, that this scum deserves anything other than the death penalty. Those young innocent people were here to travel, enjoy our country, and have a good time, experiencing our culture, before they returned home to a good life, with family and friends, and their lives have been cut short, because of this 'thing'. I think what irks me the most Rosy, is the way that he did it, by injuring their spines, to disable them, and then murder them cold-bloodedly, over time. Can you imagine the terror that they experienced while awaiting their fate??How low and despicable is that, and you stand up for him?? ::)If you feel that my message is attention seeking, then that is your opinion. I just feel angry, and annoyed that this creep is being looked on as a human being by people like you. If you have children, then I'm sure you would feel differently if something so horrible happened to one of yours. Sadly, this is something that the families of those young victims will carry with them, for the rest of their lives, and believe me, it will never go away, and people are concerned if he has a rotten toaster. For goodness sake, get your priorities right. Anyhow I won't be watching the Doco...seen it all before. Perhaps you should view it, then you may have a different opinion of Mr. Milat. I'll be having a few drinks at the Club cocktail party instead. Great night out.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Chelsea said:
but where is the fabrication that you accuse me of?......... and from how I see it, anyone who stands up for this creep being given any privileges in prison, after what he has done, is in my eyes, a 'pro Milater'.

If you equate not minding prisoners being given a toaster with being pro-Milat you're way off the mark in my case at least.

How would you know what I think of Ivan Milat?  I haven't discussed him and I certainly don't need a lecture from you about his crimes. For the record I think he's scum and I hope he never gets out of jail.  I don't mind him cooking himself a bit of toast though and I don't care what else he uses the toaster for.  I'd imagine other prisoners would think his crimes were as abhorent as I do and that he isn't really having the life of luxury some percieve.

Chelsea said:
this is my opinion, which I think I am entitled to have here.... although sometimes I wonder.

You're welcome to your opinions but the comment below is one example of why it mightn't be taken seriously.

Chelsea said:
I'll pop up (wade in??) here and there just to annoy hell out of you all.
Have a good night.... and keep smiling. :)

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
For the record I think he's scum and I hope he never gets out of jail.  I don't mind him cooking himself a bit of toast though and I don't care what else he uses the toaster for.  I'd imagine other prisoners would think his crimes were as abhorent as I do and that he isn't really having the life of luxury some percieve.

Rosy,
Your first sentence was spot on :clap....but I'm afraid you went downhill after that... ::) :hihi
Personally, I DO mind someone like him having a toaster or cooking.
He should be given a crappy prison meal, cooked by fellow inmates, with a glass of water to wash it down.
Thats all (and even then, its more than his victims will ever get!)
Its a jail, not the bloody Hilton! :mad:

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Liverpool said:
rosy23 said:
For the record I think he's scum and I hope he never gets out of jail. I don't mind him cooking himself a bit of toast though and I don't care what else he uses the toaster for. I'd imagine other prisoners would think his crimes were as abhorent as I do and that he isn't really having the life of luxury some percieve.

Rosy,
Your first sentence was spot on :clap....but I'm afraid you went downhill after that... ::) :hihi
He should be given a crappy prison meal, cooked by fellow inmates, with a glass of water to wash it down.
Its a jail, not the bloody Hilton! :mad:

I dont think i've ever seen a toaster in the room when Ive stayed at the Hilton

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Michael said:
Liverpool said:
rosy23 said:
For the record I think he's scum and I hope he never gets out of jail.  I don't mind him cooking himself a bit of toast though and I don't care what else he uses the toaster for.  I'd imagine other prisoners would think his crimes were as abhorent as I do and that he isn't really having the life of luxury some percieve.

Rosy,
Your first sentence was spot on  :clap....but I'm afraid you went downhill after that... ::) :hihi
Its a jail, not the bloody Hilton!  :mad:

I dont think i've ever seen a toaster in the room when Ive stayed at the Hilton

Figure of speech mate....you'll get the hang of it one day.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
Rosy....That little comment that I made re 'popping in to annoy people' was made jokingly, hence, the smiling face. Had I been serious, I can assure you,the smile wouldn't have been there. Lighten up.