K-rudd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

K-rudd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tigerman91 said:
Is he the worst PM in australia's history. The man with swanny form the dumbest mp/treasure combo ever.

Best post on the forum to date! 8)

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
I'd have two ahead of him before you even get half serious.

Any PM who votes himself out gets the nod on principle (good old Gorton!)

As for Billy McMahon, not only a completely useless PM, but he inflicted Julian McMahon on us :mad:

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigerman91 said:
Is he the worst PM in australia's history. The man with swanny form the dumbest mp/treasure combo ever.

I doubt it very much. Time will tell on that one but the Australian economy seems to be holding up relatively well at the moment compared to the rest of the world.

I reckon Kev would be far better than Mr "off with everyone's head but my own" Turnbull. Libs don't have a chance with him holding their reigns. You seem to have forgotten to update us about ute gate Livers. ;)

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
I doubt it very much. Time will tell on that one but the Australian economy seems to be holding up relatively well at the moment compared to the rest of the world.

Gee, I wonder which Government left us with a surplus to allow the Chairman to throw his "stimulus packages" around to try and 'save' us? ;)

When the economy went belly-up in the second half of last year, the Chairman voters were all quick to say it wasn't the Chairmans fault...blah, blah, blah.....in fact, the Chairman and Comrade Swan were very quick to blame Howard for how he and the Libs left the economy.

So that fact that we are in a position better than other western nations is more of a testament to the Government that was in power for 10+ years beforehand more than the amateurs who have taken over for 1 and a bit years.
Remember, it was all Howard's fault the way the economy was left, right? :)

rosy23 said:
I reckon Kev would be far better than Mr "off with everyone's head but my own" Turnbull. Libs don't have a chance with him holding their reigns. You seem to have forgotten to update us about ute gate Livers. ;)

More than happy to update you with Comrade Swan and his shady deals of emails back and forth between others regarding the car dealership and faxes sent to the Comrade's home fax machine.

People are getting side-tracked with all this "fake email" shenanigans which the Chairman is more than happy for people and the media to focus on to take the heat off Comrade Swan and the fair-dinkum evidence that is not up for dispute.

Turnbull made the mistake (which is why I still have reservations on him as leader of the Libs) of jumping in and going for the Chairman to be resigned....when he should have just concentrated all his energy on Comrade Swan and not let the "fake email" saga be used as a distraction by the Chairman.

In my opinion, the person who people and the media should be asking serious questions of is Comrade Swan.
Considering his position and the many far more important issues his role should be bust trying to deal with (such as a little thing called an "global economic crisis"...the amount of correspondence between him (on emails and on private fax messages) and others regarding some two-bit car dealership in Queensland, should be of concern.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Liverpool said:
So that fact that we are in a position better than other western nations is more of a testament to the Government that was in power for 10+ years beforehand more than the amateurs who have taken over for 1 and a bit years.
Remember, it was all Howard's fault the way the economy was left, right? :)

Lol. Straight out of the Terry Wallet handbook that spin Livers.

I am sure if the economy was in trouble you'd have absolutely no issue with pinning it on Krudd.
Yet because we are better positioned you want to credit the Libs? :cutelaugh

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
More than happy to update you with Comrade Swan and his shady deals of emails back and forth between others regarding the car dealership and faxes sent to the Comrade's home fax machine.

Thanks Livers...but stick to the facts and be honest while you're at it please.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
I am sure if the economy was in trouble you'd have absolutely no issue with pinning it on Krudd.
Yet because we are better positioned you want to credit the Libs? :cutelaugh

In fact, the latest budget was blamed on Howard by Comrade Swan:

Howard to blame for horror budget, Swan says
http://www.lendingcentral.com/2009/05/11/howard-to-blame-for-horror-budget-swan-says/

So...if Howard was still to blame only a month ago when the budget was delivered......surely he should also get credit for us staving off recession and how well we have survived to date, yes? ;)

You can't have it all one way.... :spin
rosy23 said:
Thanks Livers...but stick to the facts and be honest while you're at it please.

What have i said that isn't honest? :eek:

You don't believe Swan received emails and faxes at home pertaining to this car dealer? or??

You think I am making this up? or?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Liverpool said:
I already had it.....

No you don't.
The truth is it ain't all the good stuff falling to Howard and all the bad stuff falling to Rudd.
In reality it probably lies somewhere in between but what's indisputable is that the economy is currently in pretty good shape comparitively despite your earlier doomsday predictions.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
No you don't.
The truth is it ain't all the good stuff falling to Howard and all the bad stuff falling to Rudd.
In reality it probably lies somewhere in between but what's indisputable is that the economy is currently in pretty good shape comparitively despite your earlier doomsday predictions.

Oh, its a long way to go yet....trust me...last week in my position, we had our bi-monthly management meeting and there looks to be a VERY hard 6 months ahead, not just for us (the company I work for) but for the industry and the offsets to that industry. :-\

Also read this today:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/bernanke-raises-alarm-on-spending/article1167676/

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/vincent-cable-this-recession-is-very-far-from-over-1706859.html

Remember...the "stimulus" and the Chairman's populist politics can't last forever.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Liverpool said:
What have i said that isn't honest? :eek:

You don't believe Swan received emails and faxes at home pertaining to this car dealer? or??

You think I am making this up? or?

None of the above Livers. Just getting in first. ;D

You offered to update me about the e-mails. I don't know what Swan received or what the Libs have typed up in their own offices. I don't want to read Lib spin, and there's plenty flying around at the moment, I want to read facts. What has, factually, been done that is out of line, other than forged opposition e-mails?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Liverpool said:
Oh, its a long way to go yet....trust me...last week in my position, we had our bi-monthly management meeting and there looks to be a VERY hard 6 months ahead, not just for us (the company I work for) but for the industry and the offsets to that industry. :-\

Also read this today:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/bernanke-raises-alarm-on-spending/article1167676/

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/vincent-cable-this-recession-is-very-far-from-over-1706859.html

I don't doubt it for a second but you're just confirming that it's a global problem and not purely a local one.
Currently our economy relatively ahead of most so it would hardly suggest Krudd & co. is doing that badly.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
None of the above Livers. Just getting in first. ;D

Ah, the old "preemptive strike" trick.... :scold

rosy23 said:
You offered to update me about the e-mails. I don't know what Swan received or what the Libs have typed up in their own offices. I don't want to read Lib spin, and there's plenty flying around at the moment, I want to read facts. What has, factually, been done that is out of line, other than forged opposition e-mails?

Firstly, seeing as you want to talk FACTS.....it wasn't a "forged opposition email" was it?
It was simply a fake email that Godwin Grech had received.....by who....who knows?
But unless you have factual evidence saying someone from the opposition did it, then maybe you should take some of your own advice of "sticking to the facts and being honest" for a start before your preemptive strikes on others ;)

Secondly, you wanted some facts...well...:

Heat turns on to Swan
The Opposition also wants to know why Mr Swan, whose electorate is in Brisbane, bought a second-hand car from Mr Grant's business, which is based more than 40 kilometres away in Ipswich.
A paper trail tabled at the Senate hearing on Friday shows Mr Swan's office and Treasury gave extensive attention to Mr Grant, including some faxes going to Mr Swan's home fax.

http://www.watoday.com.au/national/heat-turns-on-to-swan-20090622-csx1.html

Now I'd like to think you have half a brain Rosy...so take off your Kevin07 glasses for a minute....and tell me why the Treasurer of a Government that runs this country and is facing the most significant global economic crisis since the depression of the late 1920s is spending so much time with emails and even faxes to his home regarding some two-bit car dealership in Ipswich? :headscratch

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Admittedly I wouldn't have a clue about the legitimacy, existance, origin of the e-mail Turnbull suffered premature excitation over, but the police have confirmed it was a forgery. Insiders are being questioned in regard to it, but either way there obviously shouldn't have been a call for resignations because of it. I hope that's sorted to your satisfaction because it's really just a red-herring, as is your mention of the global crisis. :spin

Instead of you asking me about the treasurer's e-mails, something I don't purport to have the slightest clue about, why don't you tell me about the "shady deals of emails back and forth" that you refer to, considering it was you who offered to keep me updated on them?

What is the issue with purchasing the second hand car in Ipswich that you gave the link about? Is there any actual evidence of impropriety? Why aren't the other car dealers involved in the e-mails given the same attention from the Libs? What are the "deals" you offered to update me on and what is "shady" about them?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Admittedly I wouldn't have a clue about the legitimacy, existance, origin of the e-mail Turnbull suffered premature excitation over, but the police have confirmed it was a forgery.

Then seeing as you are one calling for facts then maybe you should choose your words more carefully next time.
Until you show evidence or otherwise, the fake email isn't a "forged opposition email" is it?
Its simply a "forged email" and the Opposition have denied any involvement in its origin.

rosy23 said:
Instead of you asking me about the treasurer's e-mails, something I don't purport to have the slightest clue about, why don't you tell me about the "shady deals of emails back and forth" that you refer to, considering it was you who offered to keep me updated on them?

Look Rosy....there are dozens of newspaper articles from all sorts of media outlets from all sorts of jounalists with all sorts of links to both sides of the political spectrum.
For someone who has a lot to say but pleads ignorant when put on the spot.....why don't you do a little reading first about the topic...maybe start with this one:

Crisis endangers Swan's career
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25662847-7583,00.html

It should answer some of the questions you have asked me without me having to type War and Peace to get there.

Let me know when you are "updated" and I'll forward some more articles so you know what is going on and to keep you up to speed. :)

Like i said earlier....its a real shame and a pity that the "fake email" has smothered what Swan was up to.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yes maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully Livers but I admitted in my next post, after you pulled me up about it, that I didn't have a clue. That's not the issue though but it's not surprising you raised it a second time after I'd already corrected myself. herring

Your link doesn't answer my questions and I don't think, despite your offer, that you can either. I certainly don't assume shady deals based on a backfired Liberal smear campaign. The facts either way have a good chance of coming out considering Rudd has the integrity to call for enquiries rather than sweep it under the carpet.

You may well accuse me of having a lot to say then pleading ignorance but I'm happy to admit I wouldn't have a clue. At least I don't pretend to know the facts and even then only if they support my own agenda.

Considering your reply above and your lack of answers to my questions, I'll assume your offer to keep me updated wasn't really genuine. Therefore please don't feel compelled to write "War and Peace" about it, I somehow suspect you couldn't even if you tried, but could you please at least elaborate on what you refer to with the comment "the "fake email" has smothered what Swan was up to".

What exactly was he up to and do the 21 pages of e-mails he's released give evidence to support it? It was your comment so your opinion would be appreciated rather than endless links to other peoples' opinions.

Then again on second thoughts maybe it would be better if I just cancelled that last request. :help

Status
Not open for further replies.