Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Needs surgery If the word about him having hip spurs is on the mark, and he's likely been carrying it most of the season hence he's been well down on impact and output for the year.

Very debilitating and would have an effect on his performance.
Why are we playing injured players? If he can’t give 100% he should be replaced. He has been well down on the player he has been the last few years. We can’t carry players if we are to win our 3rd flag.

Reactions: 4 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Who else would have learnt and studied his patterns... or have the tank to pull it off? I can only think of Broad as even a slight maybe

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
When was that? The one kick day? (LOL one kick in a game.) Lambert was clearly injured then. Eight rounds ago but how long is that in dog years?

I admire the way Lambo was able to plug on in the absence of 25% of the team. Injured. And badly.

Lambo is deserving of relief. He will improve batting down the order if he can get down the order.

But right now, a bloke who got just one kick in an entire game, and is still injured, is batting about #3 for us in the midfield after half time.

And he's one of the 16 who are not underdone.

We should bring in some fit players. Lambert is well above the Plimsole Line atm.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Wonder if Lambo could play as a small forward permanently for the rest of the year? Bring someone in to play midfield, and help this guy reduce his running demands.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
.... Been some blokes getting games every week this year without their form demanding them and on the flipside there have been blokes who have been dropped when actually contributing and playing decent footy.
I agree. Surest way to reduce team morale. Players must have trust and confidence in the club to do what's right and fair. If Lambert is playing injured or being managed with injections then he should be rested and let Ross take his place.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Work rate still high. Think he had the highest distance covered for the game like he usually does.
Yer but can you name one really effective disposal or act? Very innocuous game I thought, but not alone.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If he’s injured, what’s the point playing him?
A younger player can bring more to the team.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If he’s injured, what’s the point playing him?
A younger player can bring more to the team.

No excuses, injured or not, he has been crap for the last 5 weeks.
He dosent carry injuries well and i haven't heard he is carring anything.
He is out of form, so get him out and bring in Ross.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
No excuses, injured or not, he has been crap for the last 5 weeks.
He dosent carry injuries well and i haven't heard he is carring anything.
He is out of form, so get him out and bring in Ross.

big test this weekend for Lambert, Edwards, Houli and Prestia. If these guys fail questions will be asked.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He wasnt great on Friday, but 3rd most disposals, equal most score involvements, and a goal assist.
No way he will be dropped, and doesnt deserve to be be.
Not sure where the injury rumours are coming from? He still runs more than most.

Maybe his role has changed a bit this year. He used to start forward then move into the midfield as Dusty goes forward, but i reckon Jack Graham is doing that a lot now, so maybe Lambert is sitting forward more?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
big test this weekend for Lambert, Edwards, Houli and Prestia. If these guys fail questions will be asked.

He changed something that was working prior to these guys coming back. Don't get me wrong i love Houli Edwards etc. But we had kepted Geelong to 1 goal for 3 qtrs, did we really need to make so many inclusions?
Prestia looked off the pace and was stuffed by half time.
Houli hasn't played well since his return and Edwards was miles off it on fridey night.
I will also throw Astbury up too.
Our back 6 with broad in it was unbelievable.
If Hardwick has one fault, he goes to the names instead of looking at the ones that got him there.
There was no need to drop Markov, same with broad and Ross.
Nakas has been horrendous since his return.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hopeless tonight.
He dosent play well when he us carrying an injury.
He needs to be dropped

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I thought he plays better when Shedda and Prestia are in? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Drop him for Ross.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Markov gives us speed.
As Tom cruise said in top gun “ I feel the speed in my knees!”

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Lambert does not look right. Not running on top of the ground at all. I would go with Ross instead.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Lambert is such an important cog in Richmond's structure, but if he is carrying a significant injury then I'm not sure he should be carried through a PF.
Like others have said, I would prefer a fit and eager Ross be included (and gets a finals game under his belt before the GF) if Lambert is unable to perform to his normally high standards.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Lambert is such an important cog in Richmond's structure, but if he is carrying a significant injury then I'm not sure he should be carried through a PF.
Like others have said, I would prefer a fit and eager Ross be included (and gets a finals game under his belt before the GF) if Lambert is unable to perform to his normally high standards.
Will be a tough call the coach makes but to me there is something not right with Lambert.
I reckon I saw him a few times not able to get down to pick up the ball..
We can’t have a repeat of 2018.
As much as it hurts me if he isn’t right I would bring extra midfield grunt in Ross.

Reactions: 4 users