Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can't believe I am saying this but with Shedda & potentially Prestia coming back into the side is Lambo a lock?
By his lofty standards it hasn't been a great year whether he's battling injury or struggling with a tag.
Still important you'd think but his numbers have fallen away..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think the loss of Prestia and Sheds have had a negative impact on Lambo. They know him well an know where he will be/is running too, and get the ball out there to him.

I don't know if there are stats on who a receive came from, but I'd say those two rank highly on Lamberts list

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
If Lambert didn’t play against Adelaide, we‘d need to drop 4 deserving players for a final should Edwards, Prestia, Lambert, and Astbury all return during finals. That’s a lot of heartbreak stories. Has Hardwick ever dropped a player for a final just on form?

The problem is we have too many good players and we just have to deal with it.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Can't believe I am saying this but with Shedda & potentially Prestia coming back into the side is Lambo a lock?
By his lofty standards it hasn't been a great year whether he's battling injury or struggling with a tag.
Still important you'd think but his numbers have fallen away..
Lambert will be back to his best with these two in the side.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I think the loss of Prestia and Sheds have had a negative impact on Lambo. They know him well an know where he will be/is running too, and get the ball out there to him.

I don't know if there are stats on who a receive came from, but I'd say those two rank highly on Lamberts list

Do we have these excuses for other players, or just Lambo?

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I make excuses for all players
Nice

Even so, I agree that Lambo's role is to break from the contested ball with his endurance/burst and receive .. this has worked well for us for three years. Prestia and Sheds help a lot with this.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Down year for Lambo fer sher. He's batted higher in the order, attracted more attention and failed. He has - what - a hip issue? If a fortnight off will help, spell him and get a game into Caddy. If he just has to grin and bear it, we play him cos continuity.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I suppose if you can excuse Angus Graham, you can excuse anyone.

Settle, the Gus Bus put in so much effort that he copped full body cramps on the ground. Who else can say they pushed themselves that hard?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Work rate still high. Think he had the highest distance covered for the game like he usually does.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not wanting be labelled as a Bambi assassin but Kane has played what 3 really good games this year rnds 5,6 7 ish and maybe 2 fair games at best out of the rest he's been pretty underwhelming.

If hes got hip bone spurs they likely aint going away without surgery and a clean up.

Last edited:

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Been underwhelming this year. Only 1 game to his usual standard. Could well make way for Prestia if he does not have a good game this week