Keep Richo close to goals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Keep Richo close to goals

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
Mike Sheean stated "On the Coach" tonight that opposition coaches were happy to see Richo getting the ball outside 50. This was in the context of Chris Tarrent not kicking enough goals. This seemed to be a remarkable backflip on his article two weeks ago. Although I guess we should get use to these media guys not being held to account.

Saturday's game confirmed to me that Richos best place was inside 50. He was largely ineffectual running around getting tired on the HFF/Wing. I was just waiting for him to pull another hammy. When moved to FF he contested well, created a few goals and kicked three himself. Richo was exposed out on the half forward line when he was continually being run off. The big guy after a 100m lead has no second effort.

Even given his poor kicking, as Mike Sheean admitts he provides the most oppisition coaching headaches inside 50.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
And how dare Sheehan ever call anyone a turncoat.

Just shows how little credibility this baffoon has......says what ever will make him a buck.....probably employs a script writer to help him out

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
He will play well anywhere. Where he is most dangerous in my opinion is where we are falling dow nteh most at any particular time forward of half back. Only thing about playing him up forward is we do seek him too much adn does have two defenders on him. Sometimes he stil lbeats them. I dont know to be honest, i keep changing my mind too on this.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Richo is best in the opposition forward 50, get rid of the circus freak !!

he is a joke, plays one good game in every 5 and does us more harm than good. He is the laughing stock at every game and its embarrassing.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cry baby richo is best suited in the forward 50 for the bulldogs in exchange for the no. 1 pick.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Richo plays best in an open paddock and as such he is perfect for a farm. He can join Danny and roam his potatoe fileds all day long, playing at his leisure.

JB

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2003
You've got to be kidding. At best Richo would be lucky to kick 3 from every 10 set ???shots he has! If a doctor had this sort of success rate he would be struck off.

There would not be another forward in the league that would have such a bad conversion rate, but we stick with him because he is Richo

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Hiya JB and welcome to PRE :).

The group of tiger fans around me were talking about Richo during the game on saturday and one of them mentioned early during the game that when Richo lines up left of centre from the goals his natural kicking action sends the ball through the goals. However directly in front or right of centre he hooks and misses. The bloke said Richo should just go with his natural kicking action and aim for the right goal post (opposite to what Sumich did when he was FF for the weagles). Turned out that's what happened during the match. Hadn't taken any notice of that before for some reason. Be interesting to see if this guy's theory pans out from now on.

Did anyone else notice Richo's left foot passes hit their target spot on?

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Rosy, Dermie has been saying exactly that for ages. They should work with his natural action rather than trying to correct it or work against it as under pressure you will always revert to what comes naturally.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
gustiger12 said:
Rosy, Dermie has been saying exactly that for ages.

Gus, I was trying to see why you were telling me what Dermie's been saying seeing my only words on this thread are Offensive post deleted :mad: rosy

Haha if Dermie's been saying that I might start to think he's not that bad a guy after all. ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Oopps again I am forced to humbly apologise Rosy.

It was actually MT's post that I was responding to. How dare I make such a mistake. Just as well you and MT are good friends hey.

yeah noted a lot of those "deleted" "offensive post" comments to Rosy.

Maybe that was what confused me hey.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rosy - just as Danny has been all year, you've gagged greektiger - let the man speak ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
julzqld said:
Tony Shaw said last night on White Line Fever that Richo was best in front of goals.

Yeah but Tony SHAW taught Spud everything he knows.

Thats half the problem.

Also remember Tony SHAW saying Richo was the Most Valuable Player in the Competition as a free running CHF a few years ago on Talking Footy. Seems he just like to agree with Mike SHEEHAN too much ha.

JB

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2003
Lets be honest. If Richo was as good as people belive he is, why then after all of these seasons he hasn't come close to kicking 100 goals?

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Not sure what your idea of close is JB, but he kicked 91 in 1996.

A long time ago now, but it's still in the record books.

Agree that he hasn't delivered anywhere near his "potential", which is frustrating for everyone.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Hi JB. He did kick 90-odd one year. But in fairness he has spent a fair bit of his career further up the ground. Not many CHF's have kicked 100 goals - don't think even Royce Hart did it, did he?

Having said that, he'd be high on my trade list. I've had enough of him ;D