Kelvin Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kelvin Moore

skiptomystu said:
I don't think more game time in the twos is neccessarily going to help his situation though.

That's not what I was saying stu. You thought he'd be up for selection due to the process of elimination. I reckon if he was fit he'd be up for selection whether we had all these players missing or not.

Classy smart footballers (very nearly match fit) have more going for them than f'wits who are fit and have no brains

i agree with Rosy. if Moore is ready play him, if he is not ready dont play regardless of how many we have unavailable. we need to be looking at his long term prospects and if that means a couple more games for Coburg so be it. on the other hand if they reckon he is ready then play him.

Brodders17 said:
i agree with Rosy. if Moore is ready play him, if he is not ready dont play regardless of how many we have unavailable. we need to be looking at his long term prospects and if that means a couple more games for Coburg so be it. on the other hand if they reckon he is ready then play him.
FWIW Greg Mellor said in his Coburg report that Moore was our best player against Geelong 2nds and that he was close to being ready for an AFL call up.

Why not make him the Sub and hope we don't have to use him until late in the game?
Ideally, bringing him on in the last qtr may be what he needs to get a feel for AFL level footy.

Smoking Aces said:
Very good news.

But does this mean Griffiths is out?

Not sure. Hope not. Maybe they will rest Griff against the Suns and bring him back against North. Having said that Moore probably takes Grimes spot and Batch goes back to being a rebounder.

Smoking Aces said:
Very good news.

But does this mean Griffiths is out?

Going by the article in the Australian (which is posted in another thread) it says that Griffiths may not play.

Always breathed a bit easier when the ball was in Kelvins hands. Bloody monumental effort to even get back to playing reserves footy let alone AFl footy. Hope it all goes well for him. :clap

Yep going up to Cairns with he boys according to an interview on the Morning Glory team( interview with coach Damien Hardwick ).

Good luck Kel. Absolutely unbelievable effort to make it !

If there is any doubt on Griffiths rest him. We dont want to do a Buddy here.

Go the tigers

In direct from dimma he said something about Kel pushing for selection if not he will get up against the roos if his right! Such great news for him and his fam!

Kel has been selected. Great news. What a comeback really when I and many who are close to the club said his career was shot. Hope nothing but the best for him, top bloke as well.

Great news and a great comback story. Hoping that he has a good match but not expecting too much after such a long layoff and serious injury but happy he has come back.
Good luck Kel

Here's hoping he gets some match fitness, gets through a solid pre-season and is cherry ripe for 2013. We sure as heck look a better side with K. Moore in the line-up.