Kevin Bartlett's speech | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kevin Bartlett's speech

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
After just watching his speech on fox footy, I realise that Kevin is still a proud Richmond person with a pasionate love for the club. He made me proud and honoured to be a Richmond supporter, and at one stage he brought a tear to my eye. Kevin spoke with pride of how he first met Jack Dyer in the changes room at the MCG, and how much Jack Dyer contributed to the club in the years after he retired.

Kevin, do you realise how important you are too the Richmond Football club?

The anwser is, just like Jack Dyer. Legends like (yourself) Kevin Bartlett and Jack Dyer are the foundations that the Richmond football club have been built on.

The fact that you feel that hurt or angered so much that you will never return to the club is one of the biggest tragedys in football history.

Richmond needs you now more then ever, I think that I would speak on behalf of most Richmond supporters in saying please come back, we are sorry.

A death sometimes brings on life.

Rhett, please pass on this messege if you can.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Who knows what time will bring.

Maybe KB will return.

Kevin has always had pride and passion for the club he loves. Only time will tell if KB comes back to Punt Rd.

P

PuntRoadRoar

I agree,

Kevin's speech was sensational and really made me proud to be part of the tiger army.

When he spoke about playing his first game and getting injured and having big jack there giving him encouragement and how great it was for a young kid to have a legend there for him, it truely made me think that maybe kevin doesnt consider himself to be a legend of the club in the same sense, but kevin your are a legend of our club and i believe our young kids would get a tremendous lift in seeing a richmond great come back for the young kids.

It was inspiring that speech and just made me want to put on my Richmond colours this weekend watch the game against the hawks and cheer for my club loud and proud even while im stuck in perth. I'd love to be at the game this weekend just for Jack.

GoldCoastTiger

Where do we go from here?
Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
I tottaly agree with all said in this thread..
Its an absolute pity that KB doesnt come bact to The Punt Rd Jack Dyer Oval..
We NEED KB there, as there is noone in the stratosphere left who has the same effect on tigerland.. Royce was a champ, but hopeless as a person.
KB ur all we have, we love you like we do Jack, Please come back..
Your more important to us than any of the stooges who forced you to leave, please see that.. Your bigger than em all..
KB... Please come back :'(

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
That was one of the best speeches I have heard since Martin Luther King "I have a dream".

For me it really was confirmation of why I love the tiges so much, why I get so upset after a loss, why I get a chill everytime I see the tiges run out for a match, why I take so much pride in what the tiges have acheived in the AFL/VFL. A real pity that our generation couldn't get to enjoy Jack as much as previous generations.

The departure of Jack has created a vacuum of a club figure head, which HAS to be filled by a living Richmond champion.

Whilst I would love KB to go back and give the club (excuse the use of words) some spiritual guidance, I don't think he will even though he still clearly loves the tiges as was evident when he became quite emotional during his speech. One thing his speech proved was what GCT wrote, players like Jack and KB are bigger and more important than any board member will ever be.

The only other person that embodies what the club is and needs to be is Tommy Hafey. He would be a great man to reignite the yellow and black faithful.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I too love K.B"s speech.

Wasn't it great of Jack to visit a 16 year old K.B in the changerooms, when he got injured. And to sit sit there with him until the ambulance arrived. What a great man, and I bet K.B loved him for it.

K'B please come back to the club.
The great man, Captain Blood himself, was sacked as coach of the Tigers, and replaced as coach by a Collingwood person.
We all know how much Jack hated Collingwood, but he still did all he could to help the club.

Come on K'B please.

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
The embodiement of the Tiger spirit lies in heart and souls of people like Jack Dyer and KB. These are men of passion, of conviction and courage. KB showed what we all know and that his heart pumps bvlack and yellow.
For a man with such passion to find it ahrd to come back there must be some serious pain.
Its alright having business people runing the club and after all Leon Daphne and Clinto Casey have set the finances and processes in place as business men do but these guys lack one thing....passion, lust for football success. A business man sees $ whereas a legend like Kevin sees success. How do we measure success?

Kevin showed in his speech that behind the glasses burns a desire to see our club regain its mantle. Can you imagine the effect of Kevin Bartlett speaking to a group of talented youngsters would have. Imagine the message that would stir the soul, waken the sleeping tiger and drive this club forward.

Imagine the people that would walk back to this club...people that would stir the fighting fury.

Rhett he is a proud man....he is the life of the Tigers now that the heart has gone. What do we need to do to get him back?

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Whilst I am not going to comment on the other issue, I will say that KB, did himself proud, with his eulogy for Jack.

Unfortunately i wasn't there to hear it live, but it certainly moved a lot of people and reinforced KB's love of the Yellow and Black

Well done KB.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
That speech to me proved one thing. KB will bleed yellow and black. His thoughts and impressions of Jack have stuck with him till this day. Everything in life will reach an end. I have supported Barlett with staying away from the club and understand his pain. Our lovely supporters of the day wanted his head. He could not get the high profile champions that were easily available he wanted at the club. He was told he had no money to recruit. He found many young blood but you always need experience around it to make the growth correct. These players are now Knighters,Gale, Free, Campbells.. He was replaced as the majority of supporters were looking for a proven coach Mr A. Jeans(I did not support this view). My hatred in the hiring proved me right against my friends then. He got 4 wins for the season the BEST result I have seen in all my life. I know those people involved in that decision are gone and when KB is ready to come back he will.

I hope one day KB you can give those same feelings you received by Jack Dyer onto some young player to continue the flame. They were everlasting to you. You are a legend KB. Please do not underestimate your worth to the club. If we have no club, all will be faded memories of nothing. Look at Fitzroy. If KB you read this don't announce when you are coming back, just come in of the street just like when fate first brought you to this great club. Once football is in your blood it will never come out. Its like a driving force that I have enjoyed over many years as a supporter (& member).

A very moving speech that stirred the passion in me and captured the essence of what Jack Dyer was and will be remembered by.

Well done.
:) :) :) :) :)

biglinds

I'm a llama!
Aug 5, 2003
Perth
Thanks Al B, as I am a newcomer to tigerland,you have given me further insight into KB the man and his place in history. The man has got an enormous heart,there must be a way to get to his heart strings

Just imagine KB never coming back? Cmon tiger fans there must be something we can all do.This is the day of reconciliation.

I have never seen such unbridled passion anywhere as the passion I see on these pages.Surely all that passion could be directed into getting a campaign going to get him back.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
He was asked on White Line Fever by a Carlton supporter, of all things, why he didn't come back to the club. Clinton Grybas actually cut the guy short and KB just had his head slightly bowed, poker-faced and all he said was "thanks for your call".

rbartlett

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 6, 2003
www.rhettrospective.com
Thank you all for your kind words about my father's eulogy. I will certainly pass your thoughts on.
It was quite a passionate and emotional time spent writing the eulogy and I am glad that it touched Richmond supporters of all age.

Regards
Rhett
www.rhetrospective.com

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Al Bundy said:
That speech to me proved one thing. KB will bleed yellow and black. His thoughts and impressions of Jack have stuck with him till this day. Everything in life will reach an end. I have supported Barlett with staying away from the club and understand his pain. Our lovely supporters of the day wanted his head. He could not get the high profile champions that were easily available he wanted at the club. He was told he had no money to recruit. He found many young blood but you always need experience around it to make the growth correct. These players are now Knighters,Gale, Free, Campbells.. He was replaced as the majority of supporters were looking for a proven coach Mr A. Jeans(I did not support this view). My hatred in the hiring proved me right against my friends then. He got 4 wins for the season the BEST result I have seen in all my life. I know those people involved in that decision are gone and when KB is ready to come back he will.

I hope one day KB you can give those same feelings you received by Jack Dyer onto some young player to continue the flame. They were everlasting to you. You are a legend KB. Please do not underestimate your worth to the club. If we have no club, all will be faded memories of nothing. Look at Fitzroy. If KB you read this don't announce when you are coming back, just come in of the street just like when fate first brought you to this great club. Once football is in your blood it will never come out. Its like a driving force that I have enjoyed over many years as a supporter (& member).

A very moving speech that stirred the passion in me and captured the essence of what Jack Dyer was and will be remembered by.

Well done.
:) :) :) :) :)

That is a sensational post Al Bundy, congratulations, my sentiments exactly.