Kinglsley stays put | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kinglsley stays put

gas&fuel

Tiger Cub
Jun 26, 2019
Assistant Kingsley stays loyal to the Tigers

Jake Niall
The Age
9 October 2019 6:30pm

Richmond assistant coach Adam Kingsley has chosen to stick with Tigers rather than pursue the vacant Adelaide Crows coaching position.

Kingsley's decision to withdraw from the race for the Crows' coaching job leaves GWS assistant Matthew Nicks and Hawthorn assistants Scott Burns and Adem Yze among the remaining candidates to replace Don Pyke.

Kingsley, who coached Richmond's midfield in their premiership this year - his first at Tigerland - had been viewed as one of the leading candidates for the coaching position before his withdrawal.

Kingsley, who spoke to the Crows but never had an in-depth presentation, told Adelaide he wanted to develop further at Richmond and, in effect, the former St Kilda assistant and current lieutenant to Damien Hardwick has backed himself to win a senior job in future.

Yze recently signed a contract extension with the Hawks but is free to leave should be land the senior job at Adelaide. Assistant coaches almost invariably are not held to their contracts, or have get-out clauses, in the event of winning a senior position.

Kingsley was a leading candidate for the Crows position when Pyke won the job at the end of 2015 following the death of Phil Walsh during the season. He presented strongly then and was thus invited to apply again following Pyke's exit.

Hawthorn obviously would need to revamp their coaching panel if either Yze or Burns is appointed at the Crows. Both Burns and Nicks have South Australian backgrounds, which is arguably an asset in coaching Adelaide.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...tays-loyal-to-the-tigers-20191009-p52z6c.html

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I must admit that I was unsure what Richmond saw in Kingsley when they brought him in. Under the leadership style of Dimma he has shown himself to be a very good reliable and innovative assistant coach and a loyal member of the Tiger breed

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
He turned a good midfield into the best in the league IMO.
A lot of players who’ve been coached by him reckon he’s one of the smartest coaches they’ve ever had. I never got the angst when we picked him up last year but I’m sure he’s proven his worth to the masses now.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Assistant Kingsley stays loyal to the Tigers

Jake Niall
The Age
9 October 2019 6:30pm

Richmond assistant coach Adam Kingsley has chosen to stick with Tigers rather than pursue the vacant Adelaide Crows coaching position.

Kingsley's decision to withdraw from the race for the Crows' coaching job leaves GWS assistant Matthew Nicks and Hawthorn assistants Scott Burns and Adem Yze among the remaining candidates to replace Don Pyke.

Kingsley, who coached Richmond's midfield in their premiership this year - his first at Tigerland - had been viewed as one of the leading candidates for the coaching position before his withdrawal.

Kingsley, who spoke to the Crows but never had an in-depth presentation, told Adelaide he wanted to develop further at Richmond and, in effect, the former St Kilda assistant and current lieutenant to Damien Hardwick has backed himself to win a senior job in future.

Yze recently signed a contract extension with the Hawks but is free to leave should be land the senior job at Adelaide. Assistant coaches almost invariably are not held to their contracts, or have get-out clauses, in the event of winning a senior position.

Kingsley was a leading candidate for the Crows position when Pyke won the job at the end of 2015 following the death of Phil Walsh during the season. He presented strongly then and was thus invited to apply again following Pyke's exit.

Hawthorn obviously would need to revamp their coaching panel if either Yze or Burns is appointed at the Crows. Both Burns and Nicks have South Australian backgrounds, which is arguably an asset in coaching Adelaide.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...tays-loyal-to-the-tigers-20191009-p52z6c.html

He wasn’t going anywhere.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Kingsley is an ex Port hardman with good credentials and well liked.... but going for the Adelaide job, he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing with the general public as well all of the feral toxic morons that follow the 2 home clubs...no one is safe until Port and Crows get their stuff sorted out and stop being middle of the road rubble clubs with idiots running the show.

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
A lot of players who’ve been coached by him reckon he’s one of the smartest coaches they’ve ever had. I never got the angst when we picked him up last year but I’m sure he’s proven his worth to the masses now.
The angst was from those on here who thought it was Kent....

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sam Edmund on SEN reported this morning that Kingsley had a final interview with the Crows yesterday; as did Nicks and Yze. This is at odds with the Age report about Kingsley withdrawing from the running. He also said Nicks was the favourite but the Crows really like Kingsley.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Sam Edmund on SEN reported this morning that Kingsley had a final interview with the Crows yesterday; as did Nicks and Yze. This is at odds with the Age report about Kingsley withdrawing from the running. He also said Nicks was the favourite but the Crows really like Kingsley.

was at a function yesterday where Dima confirmed that Kingsley would stay at the the tigers for 2020

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Not a great field.

Reactions: 1 user