Krakouer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Krakouer

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
If he,s the future of the club then the club is as good as gone. Six possessions yesterday and once again one of our so called better youngsters fails to have an impact this guy is to slow to light and cannot get his hands on the footy ithink hes had double figure stats twice this year and one of those was agaiunst the bulldogs hes average at best

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
A number of commentators in all forms of the media often mention how hard it would be to play as a small forward in the Richmond line-up.

1/ Our disposal is at the level of an under14 side.
2/ We do not play direct football so the ball never comes in quickly giving the opposition time to man up and flood the 50m zone.
3/ Our marking forwards as a result of the above lead any where and everywhere so it's nigh on impossible for a crumbing forward to crumb from their contests.

I wouldn't be too hard on Krak at the moment as he has one of the toughest gigs in footy. He's second efforts and chasing are outstanding. When we've played decent football he's contirbuted goals.

P

PuntRoadRoar

get off krakouer's case !!! :mad:

the only handicap he has is that he is a forward with the Richmond Football Club. If he was with a team who could actually kick to fowards then he would be another Phil Matera (50 goals) a season.

If only half our hacks showed half the amount of second efforts as him we would be better off.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'd give Krakouer one more year. He started very young and as stated our forward line is a disgrace to play in. At least she shows some courage and is prepared to tackle with some vigour.

If, after next season we can't see any significant improvement though, then I would move him on.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Thats the problem for Krakouer, McGrath and Rodan, because we dont have a gameplan, our tall forwards dont know where to lead, and just lead anywhere.

If the tall forwards dont know where they are going to lead, it makes it impossible for the small forwards to know where to go to get the crumbs.

Frawley at work again. Stunting the development of Krakouer, McGrath and Co.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I think you're being alittle harsh on Krakouer.

Yeah, I agree that he hasnt got many posessions.

However, remember he is not an on-baller. Well, he hasnt really been given the opportunity at least.

He is a foward pocket. Krakouer has great kick skills and when he has the ball, he usually makes his posession, one that counts.

Lets, face the truth, the ball hasnt been in the foward 50 as often as it should. Playing along the boundary line, makes it easy for the opposition to punch the ball of of bounds. When has the club played down the middle ?

Krakouer is still developing and will be a great player to come.

As everything, give the kid some time, he is still learning the tricks of the trade.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Half the people on this site must not have much idea about Football.
Have a close look next time Krak plays and watch the way he tackles and puts presssure on this opposition defence, something that the OTHER players playing down forward havent much idea about !
get off his back please.
Have a look at the weak links in our team, the Bowdens of this world.
People just post on this site to bag players for no reason.

Hymie

I'm a llama!
Aug 12, 2003
jackstar said:
Half the people on this site must not have much idea about Football.
Have a close look next time Krak plays and watch the way he tackles and puts presssure on this opposition defence, something that the OTHER players playing down forward havent much idea about !
get off his back please.
Have a look at the weak links in our team, the Bowdens of this world.
People just post on this site to bag players for no reason.

Well said
What some people also forget is young players generally tend to drop off late in the season , also he missed a signifigant part of the pre season so that makes it hard as well.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
And I will add further, next time there is a stoppage in the forward line and there is a ball up, have a look who is at the bottom of the pack, if its not Krak, its Coghlan.
Poor Krak has opposition players 25kilo heavier than him riding him into the ground.
Its a pity a few of the older more experince players dont put there body on the line more often.
Krak was pollverised a number of times yesterday.
Watch the game supporters.!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
DragicevicFan said:
Thats the problem for Krakouer, McGrath and Rodan, because we dont have a gameplan, our tall forwards dont know where to lead, and just lead anywhere.

If the tall forwards dont know where they are going to lead, it makes it impossible for the small forwards to know where to go to get the crumbs.

Well said DF. As I commented elsewhere the exact same thing was mentioned on MMM yesterday. They were saying it is impossible for the crumbing forwards to have any idea where the ball is going to do due to the lack of directions going forward. No-one has a clue where or how the ball is going to be delivered into the forward line.

As others say Kraks 2nd efforts are 2nd to none. I also noticed McGRATH doing the same thing yesterday thowing himelf in and under and over to lock the ball up or create a contest.

These kids would develop really well with a decent game plan that provided them opportunity.

Did anyone happen to notice OTTENS tap to Krak for the goal. Absolute brilliant, but we need a coach to implement a structure to allow that to happen more often.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
That was the best bit of roving i have seen for a long long time, Obviously few supporters seen that.
Good pick up Gustiger12 ;)

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Claw,

did you forget to take your pills?

Fat oozes class and football smarts. In a better team he would be kicking 30-40 goals per year, while still spending time up the field.

Probably in the best 2-3 tacklers at the club

Go Fat...

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
If Kracker was at a decent club that was professionally coached, he would be a gun. 40-50 goals as season.
What has he got at Stunted Rd, Spud as coach and a non existant forward line, spearheaded by non achievers like Richo.
Put him in the draft and you will find how good he will be. Especially with Sheedy as his coach.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
the gap between good & bad hasnt narrowed in fact there hasnt been to much good at all. hes had two games with 10 possesions or more and it was similar last year. in fact i said exactly the same things about him at the start of this year and every body said, oh he tackles & chases well he just needs more game time he just needs this and he just needs that well hes had plenty of opportunity and failed to grasp his opportunities and i bet well be saying exactly the same things this time next year. your no good to anybody if you cant get your hands on the footy no matter how much skill you have. id give him one more year to step up and if he doesnt improve trade him. hopefully he can get in the gym and find a yard or two on the track in the off season

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Krakouer needs to put on ten kilos of muscle over the pre-season and he will be a gun. Still has the body of a 15 year old.

Hope he has a big year in the gym, otherwise he'll continue to be a talent that doesn't deliver.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Redford said:
If, after next season we can't see any significant improvement though, then I would move him on.

If I was Krakouer's manager, I totally agree with you Redford.

If we can't see any significant improvement (in Richmond and the DUD coaching us) then I would move him on..................to a club where he could show his brilliance!!!

As Mikee said many weeks ago, Krakouer has more talent in his little finger than 3/4 of our entire list and a footy brain that Spud and all the other usual duds could only dream of!!!

I just hope that he wants to stay with the Tiges.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Claw has a good argument, but better give krak one more year. But geez, he better start doing something.

no good chasing asses

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Krak is only young still and like others said above would be a star at another club.
Let's get rid of our real duds instead of ditching a kid who could be a matchwinner.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Krak is only young still and like others said above would be a star at another club.
Let's get rid of our real duds instead of ditching a kid who could be a matchwinner.