Krakouers !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Krakouers !!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Krakouer brothers Jim Phil launch racism class action Sheedy Merritt Daniher Duckworth & Wayne Johnston during 1982 Elimination Final. Mind boggles on this one

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Krakouer brothers Jim Phil launch racism class action Sheedy Merritt Daniher Duckworth & Wayne Johnston during 1982 Elimination Final. Mind boggles on this one
Sheedy denies any racial comments towards them. But he did admit to one one the Krakouers at a Sportsmans Nigt(?) that he did instruct his players to racially verbalise the brothers to put them off their game.

It’s led by the Krakouer brothers but is open to up to 1000 others to join the class action. Includes any other victims who suffered from any on field abuse, including family members.
Im not sure whether that class action be succeed or not. Some legal eagles have doubts.

I know the Krakouer brothers were often racially abused back when they were playing. Typical tactic to get them off them game and react to players who abused them.
Gee they were magical to watch when in full flight.

But I’m glad some of those pricks are named and shamed.

Including Sheedy who always comes across as being one of the innovators and prominent advocates for indigenous players. Maybe he is all that. But behind closed doors and when a finals game is on the line, he sure wasn’t a cleanskin.
But maybe he learned as he grew older and wiser, and tried to do some penance for his previous actions.
I wouldn’t know of course.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Sheedy denies any racial comments towards them. But he did admit to one one the Krakouers at a Sportsmans Nigt(?) that he did instruct his players to racially verbalise the brothers to put them off their game.

It’s led by the Krakouer brothers but is open to up to 1000 others to join the class action. Includes any other victims who suffered from any on field abuse, including family members.
Im not sure whether that class action be succeed or not. Some legal eagles have doubts.

I know the Krakouer brothers were often racially abused back when they were playing. Typical tactic to get them off them game and react to players who abused them.
Gee they were magical to watch when in full flight.

But I’m glad some of those pricks are named and shamed.

Including Sheedy who always comes across as being one of the innovators and prominent advocates for indigenous players. Maybe he is all that. But behind closed doors and when a finals game is on the line, he sure wasn’t a cleanskin.
But maybe he learned as he grew older and wiser, and tried to do some penance for his previous actions.
I wouldn’t know of course.
Wonder who their legal eagles are who is picking up the tab. A previous AFL comment ' they do not deny racism did occur previously etc etc " might come back & bight you no where.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Unfortunately for the downtrodden, underprivileged AFL, the Racial Discrimination Act came in in 1976.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Old school footy way back when. Say or do pretty much anything you can think of to get under the skin of your opponent to put him off his game.
Racial abuse, suggesting sexual activities with a players partner / mother etc etc. If that didn't work, knees, elbows in a pack or simply belt the bastard while he's not looking. The world n footy were so much simpler way back then n repercussions were minimal.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user