Leadership for 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leadership for 2020

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
ARTICLE_LEADERSHIPGROUP.png

Meanwhile outside the Holden Center TBD Center in the parking lot, Collingwood coach Figgy Buckley anxiously awaits the arrival of the 2020 leadership group.

Figgy: Sheryl? Sheryl! Sheryl!!! Where are they?
PA Sheryl: Mr Buckley, they'll be here in a few minutes. Currently stuck in traffic down near Albert Park. Apparently there are lots of buses leaving the place full of rev-heads heading back to the airport.
Figgy: Well, I've been standing here in the cold for 4 minutes waiting for them to arrive.
Sheryl: *under her breath* It's 20 degrees and the sun is shining. For *smile* sake!
Figgy: Oh! Oh!!! OH!!!!! They're here. Here's the minibus.
*minibus arrives with 6 Collingwood players plus a driver and assistant on board*
Figgy: Come on you blokes, get out. Need to tell you something.
Pendles: Hey coach. How ya doing?
Figgy: Hi Pendles. Yeah. Nice to see you too. Who else have we got here?
Pendles: Well you'll remember Sidearse, Jumpy, Roughy, Grunds and Adams?
Figgy: Yeah. Hi chaps. .. Hang on a sec? Adams? *points at Grundy* Who are you?
Pendles: Erm, that's Grunds you just pointed at coach. Adams is at the end of the line?
Figgy: And he's in the leadership group is he?
Pendles: Yep. You voted for him. Don't you remember?
Figgy: Erm... Sure. Hi Bryan. Erm... How's the music going?
Adams: Music? Wha?????
Figgy: Anyway I'm glad you are all here. We have a problem.
Pendles: Corona virus eh? Yeah, will be a big problem!
Figgy: Corona virus? What? Didn't see that on Redemption, Richmond 2019 last night. No - I mean our leadership group. You lot.
Pendles: *looking puzzled*
Figgy: There's too many of you.
Pendles: Too many?
Figgy: We need a leadership group of two.
Pendles: Two? You said you wanted six!
Figgy: No I didn't, I clearly remember reading something about Richmond only having two and deciding that was what we needed as well.
Pendles: What? We sat in your office, you had just finished Stronger and Bolder for the 12th time since Christmas, and you said, "Six! We need six in our leadership group!"
Figgy: *slightly camp* Oh! I never did!
Pendles: Yes you did. And then you said we should change our strip to a black background with a white sash.
Figgy: Always liked sashes. Oh - Here's an idea Sheryl, see if Ed and Gil would be OK with us changing to our traditional strip of black with a yellowey white sash for our home games this year.
Sheryl: *With a resigned tone* Yes Mr Buckley.
Figgy: Anyway - I just read that Richmond have gone with a leadership group of two this year. So... Pendles, you are captain, Adams, always liked your music, you are vice captain. The rest of you get back on the bus and go run laps of Albert Park. Should be nice and quiet down there now.
Pendles: Coach! Coach?
Figgy: Yes Cap?
Pendles: You can't do this. The playing group. They'll go spare!
Figgy: You and Adams are the leaders. Make them fall into line.
Pendles: Buh?????
Figgy: *Turns away to the TBD Center main doors* Sheryl?
Sheryl: Yes, Mr Buckley?
Figgy: Let's go, and queue up "Everything I do" from young Bryan here. I wonder how it sound as a backing track to the 2017 and 2019 Grand Final replays on my VHS in the office?
Sheryl: Of course, Mr Buckley.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
All kids get a medal when they play sport. No First or best on ground awards now.
Must be creeping in to leadership now.
Everyone is a leader.