Lock out contingency | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lock out contingency

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
In the event that Thursday’s match will be declared a lock out, has anyone got a plan B?

Who will venture to a Richmond pub, local pub, have a BBQ at home , have BBQ outside the G, will the MRC put anything on, or will everyone just stay at home????
Thoughts!!

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Usually if there’s a lock out you can still get in at half time by getting a Carlton supporter’s passout when they’re ready to leave.

Oh that’s a sell out... lock out? Ask Collingwood fans what they do.

I’ll avoid all unnecessary human contact for a while. So for me, business as usual.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
AFL has to play all games , no crowd big deal .
Tigers are like a 3200 metre race horse if the play say 17 games l believe we lose the advantage to most other teams .
We do not sprint we are stayers
Please AFL play all games ..

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Usually if there’s a lock out you can still get in at half time by getting a Carlton supporter’s passout when they’re ready to leave.

Oh that’s a sell out... lock out? Ask Collingwood fans what they do.

Collingwood fans are more used to being "Locked Up" as opposed to being "Locket Out" !!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
In the event that Thursday’s match will be declared a lock out, has anyone got a plan B?

Who will venture to a Richmond pub, local pub, have a BBQ at home , have BBQ outside the G, will the MRC put anything on, or will everyone just stay at home????
Thoughts!!
Could probably watch it over the road at the Royal. Corona Virus wouldn't stand a chance in there.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hopefully at home and my daughter comes around. Unfortunately this makes a Thursday night game even worse as one has to go to work the next day, otherwise would think about going to a pub.

DS

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Having already booked non-refundable flights and accom (and looking forward to catching up with friends) we will be looking for a good pub nearby.

Woe betide I catch the cold!

;)

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
AFL has to play all games , no crowd big deal .
Tigers are like a 3200 metre race horse if the play say 17 games l believe we lose the advantage to most other teams .
We do not sprint we are stayers
Please AFL play all games ..

On the other hand the way we play with our manic style of game would be less taxing on the players in a shortened season meaning we could better handle a sprint if forced ?

Reactions: 1 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Watching the cricket for a bit last night, on one occasion the players were in the stands looking under seats for the ball, was a classic. Surely Dusty isn't going to fetch the ball from level 2 after Tom puts one through.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Surely the AFL can allow 500 lucky punters in? ;)

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Watching the cricket for a bit last night, on one occasion the players were in the stands looking under seats for the ball, was a classic. Surely Dusty isn't going to fetch the ball from level 2 after Tom puts one through.
I did see a couple of guys seated around the ground last night. I assume foxing the ball is their job.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As it's always known, there's more chance of picking up a virus from someone else in an enclosed area such as train, bus, shopping centre, office etc.... compared to open air stadiums or sporting events. No one at the horse races is even more ridiculous.

Just doing this is as short-term doesn't solve any problem. This is not like we're moving into a week of heatwave weather where a ban on using fire (BBQ etc...) is placed on, and once it passes, everything's fine. We don't know what's around so there's no real difference between now, 3 months later, 27 weeks later???

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
As it's always known, there's more chance of picking up a virus from someone else in an enclosed area such as train, bus, shopping centre, office etc.... compared to open air stadiums or sporting events. No one at the horse races is even more ridiculous.

Just doing this is as short-term doesn't solve any problem. This is not like we're moving into a week of heatwave weather where a ban on using fire (BBQ etc...) is placed on, and once it passes, everything's fine. We don't know what's around so there's no real difference between now, 3 months later, 27 weeks later???
It's about spreading out when people get sick, hospitals wont handle it if everyone comes down with it at once, that's the reason for the high death rate in Italy, spread it out over a longer period means just as many sick but way less deaths, if infection rates continue to climb I can guarantee schools and public transport will be shut down also

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Not sure this is the way to go AFL!

If anyone has listened to Quinn’s thoughts, he was on SEN on Crunch time today.

Will post link again here for PRE to listen too!

Attachments

• C0CC68A6-CD83-4F45-BC56-5838D84BD985.jpeg
    C0CC68A6-CD83-4F45-BC56-5838D84BD985.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 13

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The problem is that if we stop it for a while and then open up later maybe we just delay the outbreak.

The world is too connected to avoid this totally, best to control what is happening.

DS

Reactions: 1 user