Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
in reality they sacked him and he will not leave .................

He’s most likely selling stolen gear from the Geelong rooms on eBay to make up for his kind gesture.

Can’t wait for players to come back and find the gym has been cleaned out.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just realised when we kick off season 2021 (assuming 2020 doesn't proceed) it will have been 10 years since Bomber, sorry, Scotty, won a flag.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ive had enough, so i will put this shiit to bed today.
Im going to rate Geelong's 2011 GF side to ours of 2019.

Hunt 5
Scarlett 8
Lonergan 6
Enright 7
Taylor 5
Wojcinski 4
Sookwood 7
Bartel 9
Ottens 8
Kelly 6
Ling 8
Stokes 6
Christenson 4
Chapman 5
Podsiadly 1
West 2
Varcoe 7
Hawkins 7
Johnson 7
Mackie 3
Duncan 3
Corey 7
Total 125/220

Us

Astbury 7
Caddy 7
Edwards 8
Broad 6
Rioli 6
Grimes 7
Houli 8
Big V 7
Short 4
Ellis 6
Prestia 7
Cotchin 7
Lambert 7
Castagna 8
Lynch 6
Riewoldt 9
Nakas 5
Martin 9
Bolton 7
Soldo 6
Baker 7
Pickett 8
Total 152/220

Overall my ratings show that we have an all round good team where they have a quality group smoothered with some king sized duds.

**this rating is on their individual performance on the day.
Im not rating preformances against GC or Fitzroy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It has started already.
Frank Costa 'play the GF in Geelong'.
How can a competition be legit if there are different sized grounds at nearly every venue?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Cricket grounds vary in size, which is not a coincidence. I have no issue with this.

It's just all those more recently developed football codes who play on strange rectangular grounds with a set size.

Play in Geelong though? Massive advantage to one team. If they play somewhere other than the MCG, Adelaide Oval or the new stadium in Perth, then it should be a neutral venue.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I've always thought every team should host any final it has the high seeding for, regardless of ground size or crowds and if that isn't the case then it should be at a neutral venue.

As much as I love the MCG I think it should apply to Grand Finals as well.

we are lucky stkilda and north are shiit.
Imagine the massive 22,00 at moorabbin and 18000 at Arden st.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Cricket grounds vary in size, which is not a coincidence. I have no issue with this.

It's just all those more recently developed football codes who play on strange rectangular grounds with a set size.

Play in Geelong though? Massive advantage to one team. If they play somewhere other than the MCG, Adelaide Oval or the new stadium in Perth, then it should be a neutral venue.

DS

Soccer grounds are not the same size, they vary by ground, its just that they are provided minimum and maximum guidelines for the ground size.

The AFL does not do that and for me that's a massive fail. They should have a minimum / maximum ground size both in terms of length and width.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There should be a minimum/maximum standard shape/size for a league as professional as the AFL. The Kardinia Park isn't an Oval. It's a bastardisation of a ground and a massive advantage to Geelong who train and play most games there.

There shouldn't be that much advantage to a home ground in a league as professional as the AFL.

608deade4fa4561f61a2feb283634e5b

Reactions: 4 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The wings there are ridiculously narrow. It's not fit for suburban football, let alone a GF regardless of whether the Cats make it, which they won't.

See my photo from 2017 and ask if your grandma could kick from the square to the boundary, which has been painted by a 3-year-old with ADHD and dyspraxia.

Attachments

• Krapdunnia.jpg
    Krapdunnia.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Having said that it is also true that if your home ground gives you a significant advantage because of it's difference in size, it must also give you a significant disadvantage every other week.

Yep, which is why Salty's finals record is woeful

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yep, which is why Salty's finals record is woeful

I’m waiting for Malcolm Blight to come out and say “wouldn’t it be great if there was a tree in the middle of the ground? How amazing would that be?”

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users