Let the whining and saltiness begin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let the whining and saltiness begin

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Kochie should just worry about making sure he has ordered enough tarps to cover the empty seats at Adelaide Oval in season 2020.

Reactions: 2 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
I have no words, other than Kochie is a *smile* wanker!!! Seriously what a mental midget this idiot is!!

Is it really our fault that we played a team with a near non existent support base??
Is it our fault GeeWhizz were utterly putrid and managed only 3 goals??

Ive fking had enough of these morons from interstate clubs (+geelong) constantly whining and playing the victim card.
Where were these idiots when Richmond was an underachieving mediocre club up to 2016?
I NEVER heard a single word about our fixturing at the MCG.
Also no mention of the fact that Colonwood also have the same or similiar number of MCG games as us.
We win a Premiership after 37 years and all the salty interstate flogs want the rules changed
We win a second Premiership and everyone is in panic mode! GAGF.......

Richmond is once again a feared powerhouse, everyone knows this and they are all collectively shaking in their boots. We are their worst nightmare, this is 1973/74 on steroids!!!
They also know full well that this Tiger list still has a couple of Premierships left in them.

Reactions: 9 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Very small and minor detail but I tend to agree...they do have a point. I heard the 'roar' and thought it was a bit strange to have in a GF. Don't think it happened in 2017?
If the G played 'never tear us apart' I would be spewing.

I wouldn't have given a damn. We would have beaten Port by 150 points.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Morons will believe everything they hear.

Its going around social media at the moment that we play 17 games at the MCG every year. How about lets look at the facts:

In 2019 (not including finals), we played 13 games at the G, 10 home games and 3 away. We played 1 home game at Marvel (where we suck).

Where are the Interstate teams home games that are played at a different ground. The only one that can comment on this is Geelong, but they've always wanted those marquee games against Hawthorn etc as they are money spinners, but getting 40k into the G or 30-35k into Kardinia is totally different from a profit perspective.

So we played 2 additional games at the G compared to what the interstate teams played as home games. Big whoopee, especially considering of the 13 games we played other MCG tenants in 9 of them (depending on whether you include the Bombers as an MCG tenant). So theoretically we played just 4 home games with a genuine home ground advantage compared to 10 for the interstate teams. Will anyone in the media jump on this....nah.

its why the MCG tenants generally either do very well at home, or awfully. Look at Melbourne, they played 12 at the G this year winning 3.

Oh and Collingwood played more games at the G compared to anyone so the Interstate clubs can GAGF.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
And how many of those 13 mcg games do we get a pure home ground advantage? Probably 4 or 5. The interstate teams and geelong get at least 10.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Since 2000
8 interstate teams have won the GF
8 Melbourne teams
3 Geelong

Seperated Geelong as Scott had a hiss fit this year having Geelong being labeled a Melbourne club.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Morons will believe everything they hear.

Its going around social media at the moment that we play 17 games at the MCG every year. How about lets look at the facts:

In 2019 (not including finals), we played 13 games at the G, 10 home games and 3 away. We played 1 home game at Marvel (where we suck).

Where are the Interstate teams home games that are played at a different ground. The only one that can comment on this is Geelong, but they've always wanted those marquee games against Hawthorn etc as they are money spinners, but getting 40k into the G or 30-35k into Kardinia is totally different from a profit perspective.

So we played 2 additional games at the G compared to what the interstate teams played as home games. Big whoopee, especially considering of the 13 games we played other MCG tenants in 9 of them (depending on whether you include the Bombers as an MCG tenant). So theoretically we played just 4 home games with a genuine home ground advantage compared to 10 for the interstate teams. Will anyone in the media jump on this....nah.

its why the MCG tenants generally either do very well at home, or awfully. Look at Melbourne, they played 12 at the G this year winning 3.

Oh and Collingwood played more games at the G compared to anyone so the Interstate clubs can GAGF.

Just a slight adjustment for you there poshspice.... I reckon the SA & WA sides get 12 @home due to the respective derbies/slowdowns or whatever them backwater states call them.

Also, tho they have their own training venues.... they're virtually a phone call away from having a hit out at either ground anytime they choose to. MASSIVE advantage!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
If it’s true what is reputed with Ellis $ and that he would have been placed high in our top % salary rise AND we get an end of first round , so pick 18 and 19(Ellis) the hate will go up even more.

Lynch last year for free helps us win a premiership!

Ellis gets us a first round pick!

Premiers 2 first round picks.

Beautiful the hate that will come our way headed by the media.!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Here we go, the South Australian saltiness and post-GF entitlement begins yet again. David Koch [sp?] can gagf. Is he really thinking that the Tiger Roar somehow provides an advantage onfield? Does it make the opposition fill their pants perhaps? Quantify that you flog.

Maybe it made Kockie wet his trousers when he waas at the G watching us dismantle his team and now he is traumatised by it and the whole roar thing triggers him.

Pissants might have dented our September aspirations had they shown some balls or ticker against us early doors when they played our reserves side at home and caved in.

Koch is just another hating wanker.

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
He is an embarrassment to his club.
Needs to pull his head in and stfu.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Koch is a megalomaniac and a over exposed bore ... put him against the wall ...

i guess when one team kicks 17 goals and the other kicks 3 ... you'll notice something is different ..

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Koch should concentrate on why his crap club can’t make finals. This whole MCG advantage thing is ridiculous. Melbourne mustn’t have received the memo about that. No one ever mentions that back in 2005 we were forced to play Melbourne at Marvel. No one ever brought this up when we weren’t winning. We’re the Premiers! Everyone else can GAGF!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I was there with my daughter on Saturday and she commented on the Tiger roar after a goal.

We were talking about the home ground advantage and neutral venue for finals and noticed a GWS picture and sound played after their next goal.

I think for GWs is thunder or a earthquake noise.
Doesn't really stand out like a roar.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Koch is a megalomaniac and a over exposed bore ... put him against the wall ...

i guess when one team kicks 17 goals and the other kicks 3 ... you'll notice something is different ..

Short memory I bet the cretin wasn't too upset when the Power massacred us in that Elimination Final disaster over there in 2014 or whenever it was.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Bald headed flog obviously has run out of ideas as to how to get Pordadalayed into the finals. So now he's just wetting the knickers having a bleat about us. Pissant n his Crowbait mate should just *smile* off back to Aderlayed n leave an extra two seats for competing club fans to attend instead of hoovering up the premium seats n fine wines n fancy food. They've done nothing to deserve them.

Reactions: 5 users