Let's not overvalue our list | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Let's not overvalue our list

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
I hope we don't fall into the trap of overvaluiing our list, like Essendon have done.

Get deals done, make sure the players are happy on the way out, having been given a great start in life by us.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Hope Balmey gets the meat pie cart into the change room.
Just before the game Dimma starts throwing pies at them and telling them how crap they are to motivate the team

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I hope we don't fall into the trap of overvaluiing our list, like Essendon have done.

Get deals done, make sure the players are happy on the way out, having been given a great start in life by us.

What? Over rate? It’s the first time in 300 years we have a team and you think it’s over valued.
Ring me after we won the flag.

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
2017 - flag.
2018 - 18-4, minor premiers.
2019 - injury list as long as your arm early on, flag favourites as we speak.

Yes, let's not over-rate our list :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sam Lloyd for #64 was generous on our part. Played every game and has kicked a career-best 37 goals.

We ain’t no Pelchen/Dodoro “we win, you lose” traders.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Sam Lloyd for #64 was generous on our part. Played every game and has kicked a career-best 37 goals.

Reckon that was how highly we regarded Sam as a bloke, didn't wanna stuff him around as to where he wanted to go.
Always a bit of quid pro quo within the caper isn't there LTRTR ?.......
Probably why Pelchen hasn't got a full-time gig and Dodopey appears to be a pretty *smile* operator!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Yep. Always should remain fair n honest traders, and ONLY deal with clubs interested in the same approach Hate dealing with cheating clubs that try n shaft everyone ( Carlscum, Essendrugs ) that comes within reach. Snipper, Lloydy n Jar head were seen as surplus to our needs, use only in case of emergency so we assisted them to get another career opportunity elsewhere. Without trying to demand way overs in return.
We've done alright over the years with some of the players we've brought in for moderate picks, so it's swings n roundabouts on value but it makes things easier to get deals done.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

But how many games would he have played for us had he stayed?
I reckon very few if any and only then if we had a bad run with injuries.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne

Sure, but reserves for the top clubs have greater market value than those of other clubs. Geelong have been offloading reserves for years, and some of them gave no value at all (e.g. Smedts, Lang).

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Sure, but reserves for the top clubs have greater market value than those of other clubs. Geelong have been offloading reserves for years, and some of them gave no value at all (e.g. Smedts, Lang).

Understood.
I guess I see it as a compromise between paying AFL wages for blokes (such as Lloyd) who'd likely only play VFL games - and using the same money for a younger rookie or draft pick who (hopefully) will be still there in the next few years at AFL level.
Hence I was happy to just see him get a chance elsewhere.

Last edited:

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Understood.
I guess I see it as a compromise between paying AFL wages for blokes (such as Lloyd) who'd likely only play VFL games - and using the same money for a younger rookie or draft pick who (hopefully) will be still there in the next few years at AFL level.
Hence I was happy to just see him get a chance elsewhere.

Yeah. Think the pick was used on Fraser Turner. Lloyd's happy and the Dogs have filled a short-term need.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Sam would have played 7 or 8 games this year, with Jack's injury, the downside would be, Mabs probobaly doesn't get the run he had. Alos, the feelgood trade to Bulldogs, earn good karma for future dealings.