Frawleys 'sacked" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawleys 'sacked"

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
His podcast of being sacked has been released today.
Properly the worse coach ive ever seen in charge of our great club.
Couldn't stand him.
The day he made us line up for nathan Burke at the telstra dome had me done.
I walked away from the game. I was devastated.
Haven't heard what he had to say because im not interested.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
His podcast of being sacked has been released today.
Properly the worse coach ive ever seen in charge of our great club.
Couldn't stand him.
The day he made us line up for nathan Burke at the telstra dome had me done.
I walked away from the game. I was devastated.
Haven't heard what he had to say because im not interested.
It was disgusting the way the Spud treated Knighta :mad: :vomit

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Frawley sacked...blah blah blah.....chicken manure at PRO.....blah blah blah

Why bring this up now media? Another boring day?

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
When you think of Spud Frawley, all you can do it laugh. Such a spud!

Back in the day I even made a website with a whack-a-mole style game on it with Spud's head coming out of each hole, it was called "Mash the Spud"

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
When you think of Spud Frawley, all you can do it laugh. Such a spud!

Back in the day I even made a website with a whack-a-mole style game on it with Spud's head coming out of each hole, it was called "Mash the Spud"

Your talents were wasted.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
From memory we wanted Mark Bomber Thompson but he wasn't keen coming to us.
Spud was our second choice.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I am enjoying listening to it.

Just a nice reminder of how far we have come. Not to be taken for granted.

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Frawley sacked...blah blah blah.....chicken manure at PRO.....blah blah blah

Why bring this up now media? Another boring day?
Didn't the idiot say at the time he loved the chicken *smile*, as he had the best roses in the street? F/Wit.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
From memory we wanted Mark Bomber Thompson but he wasn't keen coming to us.
Spud was our second choice.
After Sheedy strung us along yet again I think Spud was our only choice. I still rate Wallacevas worse, because he could coach, but for his last 2years with us just couldn’t be arsed. Spud would be in the top 5 of our worst ever, though.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Doesn't Frawley still owe Nick Daffy the match day footy after Daffy took a big hit and ended up in hospital?
I remember Frawley making a big deal of it to the media and saying he was going to visit Daffy in hospital and present the ball to him for his display of courage that inspired the Tigers to victory that day (can't remember who the opposition were).
Daffy has said a couple of times since that Spud never visited and he didn't receive the match day ball from the coach.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Doesn't Frawley still owe Nick Daffy the match day footy after Daffy took a big hit and ended up in hospital?
I remember Frawley making a big deal of it to the media and saying he was going to visit Daffy in hospital and present the ball to him for his display of courage that inspired the Tigers to victory that day (can't remember who the opposition were).
Daffy has said a couple of times since that Spud never visited and he didn't receive the match day ball from the coach.

Probably on eBay now.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Have to refresh me on what happened there? Was it the retirement or losing the captaincy?

Yes losing the captaincy and being forced into retirement is part of the reason.

The main reason i'm filthy on Spud is because he dropped Knighta after he had played 99 consecutive games. It would have been the second time that Knighta had played 100 consecutive games, it's a very, very rare achievement. Knighta was then selected to play the next week.

Knighta was a champion, a great Captain and fantastic servant of the RFC. He single handedly defeated Essendon in the 1995 semi final.

He deserved a lot lot lot better than what he got from Spud.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Yes losing the captaincy and being forced into retirement is part of the reason.

The main reason i'm filthy on Spud is because he dropped Knighta after he had 99 played consecutive games. It would have been the second time that Knighta had played 100 consecutive games, it's a very, very rare achievement.

Knighta was a champion, a great Captain and fantastic servant of the RFC. He single handedly defeated Essendon in the 1995 semi final.

Still dirty that he did that to a club champion and then had the players give a Nathan Bourke a guard of honour after our loss to them. Spud is right.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I remember St kilda playing us early the season after he finished, he was on triple M ,

They asked him , who you going for Spud? ' St Kilda all the way ' Do you feel any sentiment towards the richmond players ? 'Not really, old habits die hard Im a saints man '

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004

The main reason i'm filthy on Spud is because he dropped Knighta after he had played 99 consecutive games. It would have been the second time that Knighta had played 100 consecutive games, it's a very, very rare achievement. Knighta was then selected to play the next week.

Seem to remember Scotty Turner having a big influence that day!

Reactions: 1 users