List 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List 2023

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
With the trade period over and how many of our players are uncontracted?
And how many spots are available for drafting?
I'm pretty sure by Friday Aarts, Collier Dawkins, Stack and Dow will be without a football club..

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
With the trade period over and how many of our players are uncontracted?
And how many spots are available for drafting?
I'm pretty sure by Friday Aarts, Collier Dawkins, Stack and Dow will be without a football club..

Dow's contracted. Swap Dow's name with Martyn's and you are probably pretty close.

I reckon we will try and rookie either RCD or Stack.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dow's contracted. Swap Dow's name with Martyn's and you are probably pretty close.

I reckon we will try and rookie either RCD or Stack.
With Hopper and Taranto with Sonz and Rossy's levelling up in the end of the season, they have effectively covered the loss and no longer need to wait on Riley or need to worry about Dow or Martyn or Aarts.

Stack has the ability and the talent and the versatility, he's shown it on the big stage.

I'd keep Syd over Riley for 2023 if I was keeping one.

FWIW I'd probably be tossing up which of Dow or Riley I'd keep if they were both uncontracted.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So 3 guys retired (-3)
2 guys recruited from GWS (-1)
Upgrade pickett (=)
Delist 2 ?? (-2)
Draft 2 ?? (=)
And then the rookies

I think thats it.

We will be forced to delist Stack (and maybe we re-rookie him - can keep him on the rookie list then for 3 more years).

Martyn / RCD delisted from the main list. Aarts from the rookie list.

We then get 2 in the ND (your calcs above), and we can then draft 3 rookies (6 - Pickett - Aarts - Stack) but possibly re-rookie Stack in that group.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
With Hopper and Taranto with Sonz and Rossy's levelling up in the end of the season, they have effectively covered the loss and no longer need to wait on Riley or need to worry about Dow or Martyn or Aarts.

Stack has the ability and the talent and the versatility, he's shown it on the big stage.

I'd keep Syd over Riley for 2023 if I was keeping one.

FWIW I'd probably be tossing up which of Dow or Riley I'd keep if they were both uncontracted.

Yeah I would too. I don't see where the position is going to arise for RCD so see little upside in our AFL team. Stack offers us something different. If we don't promote him though, we are forced to delist him and have to re draft him in the rookie draft.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
BTW I hope if Aarts is delisted, that we recruit him to our VFL team and potentially make him either captain or VC.

Reactions: 5 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I thought Dow was contracted? Could be wrong.

Surely Aarts is gone, he’d be 28 before the start of the season and proven he has much less to offer than Dow, RCD, Stack etc. IMO.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
BTW I hope if Aarts is delisted, that we recruit him to our VFL team and potentially make him either captain or VC.
Agreed he is a Richmond man, and a very good VFL player.

Could be the Skipper of the VFL.

Reactions: 4 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
If he pulls his head in and finger out, he becomes a weapon, a level above a fair few other.
I have been a big supporter of Syd, and can resonate with some challenges he has faced more than some others can. But I do think time may have ran out for him.

Talent wise he’s in the top 10% of our list easily.

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
So 3 guys retired (-3)
2 guys recruited from GWS (-1)
Upgrade pickett (=)
Delist 2 ?? (-2)
Draft 2 ?? (=)
And then the rookies
Could delist 3 & get some key fwds down to train over summer with the last list spot up for grabs if one them can step up & impress.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If we turn over just the 6 players this years
We have recruited 2 through trade already
And say we take 2 ND/ 2 rookies

Lambert edwards caddy Parker already left
Delist martyn and Aarts
Maybe re-rookie martyn

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Yeah I would too. I don't see where the position is going to arise for RCD so see little upside in our AFL team. Stack offers us something different. If we don't promote him though, we are forced to delist him and have to re draft him in the rookie draft.
Stack has X factor
If he wasn’t on our list he’d be seriously considered as a recruit target

Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
If there are any thoughts of delisting and then putting Stack on the rookie list. Forget it. It would be like Blair arriving a few seconds late to register a controversial transfer.

No way he makes it through to anyone’s rookie list. Will be gone before the 3rd round.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I have been a big supporter of Syd, and can resonate with some challenges he has faced more than some others can. But I do think time may have ran out for him.

Talent wise he’s in the top 10% of our list easily.
I don’t think this has been well handled at all. Trying to scare the pants off him was not the way to go. He should have been re contracted 6 weeks ago.

Must keep.

Last edited:

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
If there are any thoughts of delisting and then putting Stack on the rookie list. Forget it. It would be like Blair arriving a few seconds late to register a controversial transfer.

No way he makes it through to anyone’s rookie list. Will be gone before the 3rd round.
Ok momentai
In that case we should upgrade him from the rookie list

We would be required to delist a primary list player to do that
I believe we only have 2 primary list players out of contract - Martyn & RCD

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Ok momentai
In that case we should upgrade him from the rookie list

We would be required to delist a primary list player to do that
I believe we only have 2 primary list players out of contract - Martyn & RCD