List 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List 2023

Ryan is also one lucky boy but I guess we have to cut someone next year.
Why Ryan?
If we have list positions created by the retirements of Caddy, Edwards and Lambert and out of contract listed players in Aarts and Martyn, they are replaced by Hopper and Taranto plus elevated rookies Pickett and Stack, leaving one place remaining for us to select at the draft, with Pickett and Stack two parts of the three new players required on our 38 man list, and George and RCD also surviving. No chance Ryan doesn’t get extended.

Ditto rookie Mate Colina, with at least two
more to join Colina and Bauer via the rookie draft.

Last edited:
4 retired, 4 delisted, 1 added in mid season draft and 2 added in trade period leaves 5 spots. probably 2/3 main draft and 3/2 rookie draft.

Reactions: 1 users
With RCD, Aarts, Stack and Martyn gone how many spots are now open on the list?

Crude but this is what I have. Reckon we take 2 in the ND. 1 or 2 in the RD and then we will invite a number to pre-season training for that last spot.
1665639514410.png

Don't you have to make 3 draft selections as a minimum in the ND, we only have two 53 and 63?
Agree Zig, Dow is very lucky.

Interestingly, all the players coming off the list are midfielders and utilities. We have already upgraded Caddy with a taller utility cum possible key forward In Bauer.

I have thought for the last couple of years that we have needed more key position players. Hopefully, at least two more will be found.

We have 33 on the Senior list, 4 Category A rookies and 1 Category B rookie for a total of 38.

You have to have 36 to 38 on the list, plus you can have up to 6 Category A and 2 Category B, with a maximum of 44 combined from those three groups.

So just throwing it around here, we would have to include the two draft picks we select in the upcoming draft to go to 35 on the Senior list and then three of the Cat A rookies could join them on the list to take us to 38 (Bauer, Miller, Nguyen, Pickett - three from those four, maybe Bauer misses out and stays a Cat A?).

That would give us our list of 38 with the three upgrades, Bauer a Cat A, Colina a Cat B to take us to 40 and we'd have the ability to pick 4 kids not drafted or delisted as Category A rookies? Maybe also a Stack again? :unsure:

We have 33 on the Senior list, 4 Category A rookies and 1 Category B rookie for a total of 38.

You have to have 36 to 38 on the list, plus you can have up to 6 Category A and 2 Category B, with a maximum of 44 combined from those three groups.

So just throwing it around here, we would have to include the two draft picks we select in the upcoming draft to go to 35 on the Senior list and then three of the Cat A rookies could join them on the list to take us to 38 (Bauer, Miller, Nguyen, Pickett - three from those four, maybe Bauer misses out and stays a Cat A?).

That would give us our list of 38 with the three upgrades, Bauer a Cat A, Colina a Cat B to take us to 40 and we'd have the ability to pick 4 kids not drafted or delisted as Category A rookies? Maybe also a Stack again? :unsure:

I highly doubt we will change our mix profile. This year we had 36 on the main list and 6 rookies. We get to keep $80k per rookie out of the cap, so if you max out at 6 rookies then your cap essentially increases by $480k. I don't see why we wouldn't be looking to maintain this.

The only 1 that must be moved off the rookie list is Pickett which will definitely happen. We draft 2 kids to take us to the 36 on the main list and can take 3 rookies. I don't see why we would promote any of the other Cat rookies. What benefits to our list management is there in promoting them??

Reactions: 1 user
I highly doubt we will change our mix profile. This year we had 36 on the main list and 6 rookies. We get to keep $80k per rookie out of the cap, so if you max out at 6 rookies then your cap essentially increases by $480k. I don't see why we wouldn't be looking to maintain this.

The only 1 that must be moved off the rookie list is Pickett which will definitely happen. We draft 2 kids to take us to the 36 on the main list and can take 3 rookies. I don't see why we would promote any of the other Cat rookies. What benefits to our list management is there in promoting them??
Fair point. I think there's a maximum three years for Category A listing and Miller and Biggy would have reached it by now?