Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

The many SEN callers who call mark fine “viney”. It’s finey with an F for *smile* sake

People withdrawing from an ATM who after receiving their cash, hang around looking at their receipt or counting their cash while there is a line of people waiting for their turn. Move to the side people.

Nico said:
People withdrawing from an ATM who after receiving their cash, hang around looking at their receipt or counting their cash while there is a line of people waiting for their turn. Move to the side people.

Same thing at a checkout.

Bureau of Meteorology. Nothing but scaremongering idiots. Where's the flooding rain.....?

TigerForce said:
Bureau of Meteorology. Nothing but scaremongering idiots. Where's the flooding rain.....?

I was out in my car an hour ago. I almost had to put the wipers on.

TigerForce said:
I think I’ve just found it!

Modifying a script used to make backups of files incorrectly and finding that you managed to delete 2Tb worth of hard to find Japanese movies and TV shows.

TigerForce said:

Haha I mean it in the nicest possible way TF but it's you who's sounding a bit like an idiot. Had had 55 mm here at 3.30. It hasn't stopped since. Gutters in the paddocks are flooded. Glorious, gentle soaking rain.

TigerForce said:

Happens pretty much every time. If they say all hell will break loose, it almost always doesn't. If they say expecting a storm, that might mean anything from rain to all hell breaking loose.

Have a friend who is a senior at BOM. They are far from scaremongers. They hold on to bad news till the last possible minute...especially in regard to what affects agriculture.

rosy3 said:
Haha I mean it in the nicest possible way TF but it's you who's sounding a bit like an idiot. Had had 55 mm here at 3.30. It hasn't stopped since. Gutters in the paddocks are flooded. Glorious, gentle soaking rain.

Just like other times we've seen in recent years. As for this one, they quoted up to 200mm of rain especially affecting in regional areas. Nowhere got past 75mm.

tigersnake said:
Happens pretty much every time. If they say all hell will break loose, it almost always doesn't. If they say expecting a storm, that might mean anything from rain to all hell breaking loose.

It's all sensationalism. Believe it or not, there was a chance the CBD was going to close down and make people go home.

rosy3 said:

They used hyperbole such as "unprecedented" and "10 out of 10" to describe the forthcoming weather for Melbourne.

"If you wake up [on Friday] and think it isn't going to happen you'll just have to wait a while. They didn't think the Titanic would sink either but it did."

- Scott Williams, BOM

It just didn't happen.

TigerForce said:
Just like other times we've seen in recent years. As for this one, they quoted up to 200mm of rain especially affecting in regional areas. Nowhere got pa st 75mm.
I think tbe 200ml was for the 3 day period.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
They used hyperbole such as "unprecedented" and "10 out of 10" to describe the forthcoming weather for Melbourne.

"If you wake up [on Friday] and think it isn't going to happen you'll just have to wait a while. They didn't think the Titanic would sink either but it did."

- Scott Williams, BOM

It just didn't happen.

I heard that 10 out of 10 comment and it wasn't specifically referring to Melbourne. As Tim said the predictions were for the weekend not just today. We've had 85 mm of rain here so far today and it's still bucketing down. Still got the weekend to come. Paddocks are under water. Roads will be closed soon. I don't know if that's unprecedented for summer but I've certainly never seen it here.